Randy Shannon " 2 " Canes Elite...

This class has a chance to be special. I mean battle Clemson for the # 1 spot special. Justin flowe is still talking Miami, get this kid and everyone will follow. darnell, Walker,
Dennis, **** we might get all the decommits back to. I was excited
When randy took over because I knew
He was a great recruiter and a great
DEFENSE guy, just know head coaching experience. But let manny
And this group get what randy had..it will be total annihilation!!

Advertisement
Randy got lucky in 08’ his recruiting was dog**** after that.

I’ve broke down the fallacies of that 08 class. It was # 1 based upon the shear amount of recruits. Their avg ranking wasn’t that great, and the headliner, Arthur Brown, never stayed; and the co-headliner, Marcus Fortson, didn’t live up to the hype.

We gotta stop mentioning that class; It was #1 on paper only; Bama’s # 3 class was far better and established their run at titles

I’ve broke down the fallacies of that 08 class. It was # 1 based upon the shear amount of recruits. Their avg ranking wasn’t that great, and the headliner, Arthur Brown, never stayed; and the co-headliner, Marcus Fortson, didn’t live up to the hype.

We gotta stop mentioning that class; It was #1 on paper only; Bama’s # 3 class was far better and established their run at titles
It was 2 5* kids and 15 4* kids on rivals. Numbers lifted the ranking but that is a top 3 class any year.

The evals were awful however. Not just the top rated kids. The 2* kids all stunk, iirc. The 3* kids too. The top rated kids were clearly better than the lower rated kids, which isn’t surprising.

Advertisement
This class has a chance to be special. I mean battle Clemson for the # 1 spot special. Justin flowe is still talking Miami, get this kid and everyone will follow. darnell, Walker,
Dennis, **** we might get all the decommits back to. I was excited
When randy took over because I knew
He was a great recruiter and a great
DEFENSE guy, just know head coaching experience. But let manny
And this group get what randy had..it will be total annihilation!!

It was 2 5* kids and 15 4* kids on rivals. Numbers lifted the ranking but that is a top 3 class any year.

The evals were awful however. Not just the top rated kids. The 2* kids all stunk, iirc. The 3* kids too. The top rated kids were clearly better than the lower rated kids, which isn’t surprising.

2 of those 4 stars were fringe 4 stars, including our starting QB. Plus majority of those 3 stars did crap for us; couple that w the classes that were recruited before & after that 08 class, and it was a combustible failure. I believe our avg player rating ranked outside the top 15 that yr, too.

Advertisement

We were the 13th ranked class if you go by average recruit ranking.

You guys must be drunk🐴the only thing that
Was wrong with that class was the bad coaching. We held tebow and the gators 3'0
For three quarters with that defense if randy
Would have left jacorey in who knows marve
Clearly was out of his league.

Dude what are you talking about author brown leaves Miami and becomes an all American at k state, he couldn't get in the game at Miami. It was bad coaching ruined
Those guys careers.

His recruiting was dog**** that year too.......biggest bust of a #1 class ever
I see you dont know Jack about football remember randy had the Georgia tech guy
First, and than he goes and get mark whipple from some garbage school and the rest is
History if randy had a good QBs coach and an real offensive coordinator lights out with
That team.

Advertisement
Dude what are you talking about author brown leaves Miami and becomes an all American at k state, he couldn't get in the game at Miami. It was bad coaching ruined
Those guys careers.

He became an All American at KANSAS STATE! What r u talking about??! I just said our headliner never played for us. So that’s 1 Five Star that didn’t count. The other one, Marcus Fortson, never panned out. That’s strike 2 on the 5 stars.

Advertisement
2 of those 4 stars were fringe 4 stars, including our starting QB. Plus majority of those 3 stars did crap for us; couple that w the classes that were recruited before & after that 08 class, and it was a combustible failure. I believe our avg player rating ranked outside the top 15 that yr, too.
The starting QB should have redshirted, and put on a lot of weight. He was a good CF level QB prospect, but like so many Hurricanes was dubbed freshman savior and never really learned to get better or the hard *** work mindset of the great teams. That was THE quintessential freshman savior class. A lot of guys at Miami are played way too early and depth almost always suffers later when whichever bum staff we have in place totally whiffs at the position the next 3 cycles and of course, fails to develop the players. This team... smh...

We were the 13th ranked class if you go by average recruit ranking.

THANK U!!!

Sheesh!!! I don’t know y it’s so hard for ppl to see that.

Which is y that class taught me to stop going by class rank, but rather avg recruit rank. That’s way more accurate.

Prior to that 08 class and after that 08 class, we didn’t hit the top 10 for class ranking or avg recruit ranking. Everyone talks about 08, but that class was never supplemented, plus it was only # 1 b/c we signed 32 f’ing kids!

The starting QB should have redshirted, and put on a lot of weight. He was a good CF level QB prospect, but like so many Hurricanes was dubbed freshman savior and never really learned to get better or the hard *** work mindset of the great teams. That was THE quintessential freshman savior class. A lot of guys at Miami are played way too early and depth almost always suffers later when whichever bum staff we have in place totally whiffs at the position the next 3 cycles and of course, fails to develop the players. This team... smh...

Preach!

THANK U!!!

Sheesh!!! I don’t know y it’s so hard for ppl to see that.

Which is y that class taught me to stop going by class rank, but rather avg recruit rank. That’s way more accurate.

Prior to that 08 class and after that 08 class, we didn’t hit the top 10 for class ranking or avg recruit ranking. Everyone talks about 08, but that class was never supplemented, plus it was only # 1 b/c we signed 32 f’ing kids!

Its because people want to be able to use it as an excuse "why rankings don't matter". They want to be able to point to that class and say "SEE RANKINGS MEAN NOTHING". Then when you poke holes in their theory they don't want to hear it because they know they have nothing else to fall back on.

Advertisement
Back