Randy Russell decommits -- more info

View as article
Advertisement
I hear everyone saying he would not play over Jobe and Hall... But lets be realistic JJ and Amari will be holding it down in 2018!!! I am saying all safety's will be rotational at best in 2018!!!!

Yeah... So Russell would be even further back in the rotation.

I will say this and maybe Pete can attest.... the staff here knows what's up and I'm sure this did not take them by surprise hence them looking at other prospects the last couple weeks

Yup, Pete mentioned it the other day.

Pete also said that Russell was solid and communicating with the staff that he was solid while on his UF visit. Either Pete was out of the loop, or this came up rather suddenly.

I don't think Pete was out of the loop. I believe he was communicating and maybe on that boring drive back from Gainesville is when he started thinking about everything

Looking at the depth and so on. Plus Randy may know whose also the "silent commits" in addition to who we already have

Just stated it as a possibility since today's events are in a bit of contrast to what Pete said about RR on the podcast. For the record, I think the kid had a sudden charge of heart based on a family decision.

Russel was a heavy gator lean all the way up until a week before he committed to us. Nobody should be surprised by this considering Hall committed after him and we're pursuing much better "all around" safeties.

I hear everyone saying he would not play over Jobe and Hall... But lets be realistic JJ and Amari will be holding it down in 2018!!! I am saying all safety's will be rotational at best in 2018!!!!

well I expect Jaquan to ball out with that being said getting drafter in rounds 1-3

Advertisement

well I expect Jaquan to ball out with that being said getting drafter in rounds 1-3

I love JJ, but let's be honest here. His size is going to keep him from being drafted anywhere in the top 3 rounds. If Corn Elder can't get drafted that early based on his size, JJ has no chance.

I remember a few years ago when we would land a three star everyone was celebrating.... Now we don't care.... We moving in the right direction

I love JJ, but let's be honest here. His size is going to keep him from being drafted anywhere in the top 3 rounds. If Corn Elder can't get drafted that early based on his size, JJ has no chance.

I expect JJ to be way more of a game changer / playmaker ... thats if we are going to be elite this year which I think we will be and should be

Advertisement
Aint gonna lie I liked Randy Russell over some of the other safeties..he's better then Derrick Smith and Romeo Finley..Kids whove played against him said he is the hardest hitting dude in the county.... I'm sorry I dont have trust in Jobe staying...and I like RR over Frierson...it is what it is.. Not really worried now..but I really liked this dude

...and I got an infraction cause I said he wouldn't stick in the thread were he committed. his commitment was just a placeholder for him. he was playing us all along.

Boi gtfoh. No 3 star safety is in any position to play us right now.

you gtfoh. i knew from the beginning. i said what I knew. i mentioned on the board and everyone gave me ****. its not a big deal to me. i don't care what his stars are. I just stated something I knew as a fact, 100%. those people who gave me ****...well, their chickens are coming home to roost
That is true, I jumped on your case because I thought your were just throwing **** out there, I apologize.

But you did say he was going to flip to FSU if they offered & that's what I took issue with.

It's okay. If my memory serves me correctly and this is not quotable but I don't think he had an FSU offer at the time or he wasn't a take a for them at that time but that's where he wanted to go. Mamma wants him out of Miami so if FSU aint taking him then he wants in at UF. Everyone was surprised that he committed to Miami. I think the coaches really wanted him but had some doubts all along and have made backup plans.

Advertisement
I always assumed we'd lose one DB in this class because it's full of so many studs. And if it was anyone, I assumed it'd be Russell. He can hit hard, but other than that, I'd rather have the rest of the guys we have and Blades and Campbell. Not so sure I'd take Bethel over Russell though. Thanks I'd probably rather just take 6 this class and get another in the 2019 class.

Aint gonna lie I liked Randy Russell over some of the other safeties..he's better then Derrick Smith and Romeo Finley..Kids whove played against him said he is the hardest hitting dude in the county.... I'm sorry I dont have trust in Jobe staying...and I like RR over Frierson...it is what it is.. Not really worried now..but I really liked this dude

Every time something negative is when you post. I barely ever see you post but as soon as something negative happens here you are

Advertisement
That "get out of town" and "go away for college" stuff is horse****. Plenty of kids from his side of the track have been safe, sound and successful in Coral Gables. Likewise, plenty have left and also found trouble elsewhere. Kids heart is elsewhere, so be it. It's too early and there's too many good players still on board and at large to worry about it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sucks that we lost him for multiple reasons. Most importantly he was a known commodity.

Current DB class has a few question marks. Obviously the staff isn't convinced either.

Ivey is a mystery. Frierson is decent. Jobe and Hall are going to be a battle till the end. We elite corners not another Ryan Mayes

Advertisement
Back