Randy Russell decommits -- more info

View as article
Advertisement
As long Cam stays, I'm fine. I wasn't sold on his commitment. He'll find out the hard way, as well. The last of Muskrat recruits have left. This whole DBU crap they spewing is bout to get flushed down the toilet real quick.

Wish RR well, wherever he lands.

Fūck that, so you'll wish him well if he lands in turdtown?

No.

He's a **** lover, I wish him misery and pain.

I just don't take it to the level of wishing him any ill will or calling him names etc just because he chooses to go to a different school. It's part of recruiting, happens in every teams class every year. I'm confident Miami can win without him and will.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sure he is a good tackler but he wasn't at the level of a Hall or Jobe.

He would've been more of a role player than a starter. That's not to say I didn't want him in the class but of the DBs to lose he'd be the guy I"d cough up.

Bethel looks physically impressive and if the staff likes the way he plays I think he can be a good developmental guy.

This is a big loss. All you naysayers can stop being butthurt. This kid can play.

I dont think anyone is questioning his football abilities, its just we have the two top dogs from FL at safety ahead of RR. Most years I would think he would be a "priority" and someone we might give chase to. Someone already posted this before, but Derrick Smiff is also a thumper at the S position. RR was a luxury and probably would have been a special teams All American, but we are loading up at saftey the way things are looking..

Wish RR well, wherever he lands.

Fūck that, so you'll wish him well if he lands in turdtown?

No.

He's a **** lover, I wish him misery and pain.

I just don't take it to the level of wishing him any ill will or calling him names etc just because he chooses to go to a different school. It's part of recruiting, happens in every teams class every year. I'm confident Miami can win without him and will.

FIFY

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is a big loss. All you naysayers can stop being butthurt. This kid can play.

Nobody said he can't play. It doesn't take much to realize this isn't a "big loss" though.

We already have Carter and Hall at SS for the next 3-4 years. Not too mention D. Smith and Finley project as similar players as well. Plus we're the favorites for Keontra Smith, who's a top-75 2019 guy at the same position.

So I really don't see the huge loss here.

I will say this and maybe Pete can attest.... the staff here knows what's up and I'm sure this did not take them by surprise hence them looking at other prospects the last couple weeks

Yup, Pete mentioned it the other day.

I really liked Russell so I am disappointed he is gone. Cant teach his fearlessness and violent nature. Which is exactly what Diaz liked. That said, if Richt called McElwain and told him he could have any secondary player we have commited..Russell would be the last one he would choose. He went hard after GHall and missed. He went hard after Jobe and missed. Might as well take what you can get and not get completely shut out of south fla this year. Keep some kind of pipeline going.

Advertisement
I know its been said that we did not drop him. But with some of our picks it has been said that even though they committed our staff is still recruiting them. I am guessing this was not one of the recruits, that our staff was going to continue to recruit. Maybe he stopped feeling the love that some of our top recruits are continuing to receive.

I will say this and maybe Pete can attest.... the staff here knows what's up and I'm sure this did not take them by surprise hence them looking at other prospects the last couple weeks

Pete also said that Russell was solid and communicating with the staff that he was solid while on his UF visit. Either Pete was out of the loop, or this came up rather suddenly.

Advertisement

Pete also said that Russell was solid and communicating with the staff that he was solid while on his UF visit. Either Pete was out of the loop, or this came up rather suddenly.

3rd Alternative is that RR changed his mind. Crootin' isn't for the faint of heart. Thankfully, we now have coaches who are proactive and know what they are doing.

3rd Alternative is that RR changed his mind. Crootin' isn't for the faint of heart. Thankfully, we now have coaches who are proactive and know what they are doing.

I think that would fall under the category of "came up rather suddenly".

I can respect his family wanting him to leave town for personal reasons, but I hope they aren't thinking that Gainesville or Tallahassee are places he'll be more likely to stay away from trouble or the wrong people. If anything, its the exact opposite, and both UF and FSU's disciplinary/arrest records over the last 10+ years prove that.

As long Cam stays, I'm fine. I wasn't sold on his commitment. He'll find out the hard way, as well. The last of Muskrat recruits have left. This whole DBU crap they spewing is bout to get flushed down the toilet real quick.

Yeah plus they lost their DB coach to the NFL so that development is gone. You will see the drop off. Watch.

Advertisement
Back