Randy Moss on Sean Taylor..

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember wanting that orange shield and face mask in little league cause of 26. With the doo rag that ain’t even match the uni we had lol..On projection to be the 2nd best safety of all time. RIP

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not even close. Rice played his entire career during the era in which DB’s could rape receivers. Moss, not so much.

And if Moss wouldve played in that era, his numbers would be even better. There was no WR with his size, speed, and skill at that time. Those DB's would have been getting torched every game. Im a Packers fan.

Advertisement
I'll always remember Moss getting ST on a post pattern alone (exactly the worst position you want to be in as a CB, let alone a safety). Sean & Randy went up, ST tipped it, but not enough as it was still in play and somehow as they're coming down, Sean uses one hand to pull Moss back & his left to get a 2nd tip on the ball. It was one of those plays that unless you're paying attention you don't realize just how unreal it was.

That was the epitome of ST. We all remember what a ferocious hitter he was, but ****, he was equally good in coverage.

ST’s coverage was very underrated. I remember he was split out playing corner vs Ohio state in that title game vs their best WR. They tried him twice and he played great coverage both times. The man was just different, we won’t ever see someone like him again

In what other program would have multiple players you could consider for GOAT over ST, not to mention two other safeties you could argue were as good or maybe better than ST? For me, The Stork is goat but ST was unbelievable. Nice praise from Moss. Anyone ever wonder if they play football in Heaven? With so many Canes going early, imagine the Miami v ND games.

Advertisement
Back