Randy getting that CREAM

I remember having high hopes for Randy. I then heard his first press conference and was f. But congratulations to him.

Advertisement
You think Tony Gwynn is the great hitter of all time?..that’s fair enough if your just going off average and hits. I take everything in account. Power, average, rbis, walks, plate discipline, approach ..but Barry’s presence puts him atop my list..dude would literally get maybe 3 pitches to hit a game and kill..that’s ridiculous..his threat at the plate was 2nd to none in The modern day..closet historically would be Babe but we have no to little actual footage..now we all know that era Barry played in and ppl wanna erase that and pretend those stats don’t count. Not me. A lot of ppl were juicing..but they wasn’t doing what Barry did..and Barry was a great hitter without the juice..but if we talking about the most feared hitter to ever play it’s Barry hands down

I am the biggest Tony Gwynn fan but I'm also a bitter Pirates fan so that's the only reason for my Bonds slander. Like you said, Barry on the juice was still heads above everyone else that was doing the same thing. Probably the most feared hitter of all time during that stretch as the dude was intentionally walked....with the bases loaded. I just can't stand him personally and I really appreciate the almost scientific way a guy like Gwynn approached hitting during that same era while being clean.

I am the biggest Tony Gwynn fan but I'm also a bitter Pirates fan so that's the only reason for my Bonds slander. Like you said, Barry on the juice was still heads above everyone else that was doing the same thing. Probably the most feared hitter of all time during that stretch as the dude was intentionally walked....with the bases loaded. I just can't stand him personally and I really appreciate the almost scientific way a guy like Gwynn approached hitting during that same era while being clean.
true. I’d never disrespect Tony Gwynn. I just think they were totally different types of hitter and tough to compare

Advertisement
When you look at Mantles Stats...and remember he played at 70% from his 2nd yr on.....its Stupifing...Add to the fact it was a Deeper field at Yankee Stadium in the 50s....
My Grandfather saw Ruth...Gehrig..Lazzerri...DiMaggio..etc...and till the day he died he said the Mick was the best...

Mantle is the Greatest switch hitter in MLB History....Period... .300 from both sides...his speed from home to 1st was unparalleled...

Advertisement

Good for him. It's always good to see genuinely good people succeed. Randy was way in over his head as the head coach at UM but he was put in a no win situation. He was not anywhere near ready to take on such a monumental task at such a storied program that was his alma mater to boot but how the heck do you turn that down?

The experience that coach Shannon has been accruing over the past decade will enable him to continue to grow and mature as a football coach. I'm curious how he has grown and improved as a Defensive Coordinator. I can't help but wonder just how different his approach and overall philosophy would be if he were to come back to UM as DC.

miniGif_20200217065627.gif

Advertisement
Mantle is the Greatest switch hitter in MLB History....Period... .300 from both sides...his speed from home to 1st was unparalleled...
Probably the greatest all around and most talented Baseball player ever along with Ruth.
Mantle suffered a torn ACL his rookie season...was a big time alcoholic...and still put up.
Imagine if he had the medical upgrades for his knee we have now instead of early 1950s.

Probably the greatest all around and most talented Baseball player ever along with Ruth.
Mantle suffered a torn ACL his rookie season...was a big time alcoholic...and still put up.
Imagine if he had the medical upgrades for his knee we have now instead of early 1950s.
Imagine if Gehrig...Mantle and DiMaggio had the confines of present day Yankee Stadium...My Grandfather and Grandmother were the BIGGEST Gehrig fans EVER....(since they too were Middle European)...and my Grandfather said Mantle was the best of them...including Ruth...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back