Randy Bates - Pittsburgh DC

247 Canes

Sophomore
Let me be clear this is not inside information. Just think it's an upgrade.

Randy Bates DC
images

Under his belt as a DC at Pitt

2020 Defense ranked 20th Overall.
2019 Defense ranked 38th Overall.
2018 Defense ranked 75th Overall.

He was also the defensive coordinator at LA TECH in 2005 in which his Louisiana Tech defense forced 31 turnovers to lead WAC and rank ninth nationally. The Bulldogs surrendered their fewest points since 1994 and finished among the WAC's top three teams in rushing defense, pass defense, total defense and scoring defense.

Oh and btw, bring me his DL coach as well which doesn't need any introduction here.

Charlie Patridge
3077176_web1_gtr-Partridge-100220.jpg

Advertisement
Let me be clear this is not inside information. Just think it's an upgrade.

Randy Bates DC
images

Under his belt as a DC at Pitt

2020 Defense ranked 20th Overall.
2019 Defense ranked 38th Overall.
2018 Defense ranked 75th Overall.

He was also the defensive coordinator at LA TECH in 2005 in which his Louisiana Tech defense forced 31 turnovers to lead WAC and rank ninth nationally. The Bulldogs surrendered their fewest points since 1994 and finished among the WAC's top three teams in rushing defense, pass defense, total defense and scoring defense.

Oh and btw, bring me his DL coach as well which doesn't need any introduction here.

Charlie Patridge
3077176_web1_gtr-Partridge-100220.jpg
Let me be clear, this isn’t an expert opinion but just think that anybody, and I mean anybody else would be an upgrade over BB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is this even realistic? I feel like we’re throwing out names for guys still under contract, a lot. Lol.
It's as realistic as Manny Diaz & Blake James want it to be. And we will find out in due time whether that's today, tomorrow, or in a month. Unfortunately, patience is something we find hard to accept right now

Advertisement
Is this even realistic? I feel like we’re throwing out names for guys still under contract, a lot. Lol.
Every coordinator is still under contract unless we’re talking about hiring a guy who just got fired or pulling someone out of retirement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back