Randrecous Davis, WR

Seriously... these **** Parents naming their kids are unreal...

JC

Perhaps we need more Geralds, Bobs, and Franks? I think the names are silly at times, but it's pretty cool that people aren't afraid to be original.

Original, really? I'd say it's more like a life sentence of nothing but confusion and laughter. He'll have to spell his name out his entire life, some would've laughed at the name growing up, and if neither they're confused what the **** his name is at first.

Advertisement
We have 5 scholarship WRs on the roster. Two being Malcolm Lewis and Darrell Langham. Coley and Lewis are gone after next season and Berrios will be a senior. We should take 5.

Nothing against this kid, but why are they wasting their time on a Georgia kid with a "G" tattoo when Sofla is the hotbed for receivers?

Let's lock up Bruce, Mullins, Richards, pie etc.

Reaching out to a kid for a visit isn't wasting your time, you gotta cover all your bases as a HC, what happens if Bruce flips, Mullins doesn't qualify, Richards chooses bama, and pie goes elsewhere

It is a waste of time if the kid is coming down for an early spring-break/mini-vacation.

That is not covering any bases.

Nothing against this kid, but why are they wasting their time on a Georgia kid with a "G" tattoo when Sofla is the hotbed for receivers?

Reaching out to a kid for a visit isn't wasting your time, you gotta cover all your bases as a HC, what happens if Bruce flips, Mullins doesn't qualify, Richards chooses bama, and pie goes elsewhere

This! It's what happened to golden. He would miss out on kids and have no back up.

D$ - reading between the lines, do you think the recent new names popping up at WR is an indication that:
A. We feel shaky about Bruce, Mullins, Richards
B. We really want to bring in 4+
C. These are all just backup plans we're strategically staying in touch with in case one of the top 3 bolts

I'm starting to get a little worried that it's A, but hopeful that it's B/C.

For the record, I'm totally stoked at the thought of Bruce, Mullins, Richards, and any of Latrell/Pie/Snelson.

Swag, good questions. Richt certainly doesn't want to feel jilted so he wants as many possibilities as possible considering how shaky our sofla kids are (either grades or other stuff). I think it's more finding quality options rather than getting stuck with low(er) quality backup options like we always did.

Advertisement

It is a waste of time if the kid is coming down for an early spring-break/mini-vacation.

This is also a unique situation. The kid hasn't heard from the UGA staff since he went on Christmas break. Two guys who recruited him there are at Miami.

So he may not have a spot at UGA and he has a prior relationship with our head coach. One so good that he committed to him.

We have 5 scholarship WRs on the roster. Two being Malcolm Lewis and Darrell Langham. Coley and Lewis are gone after next season and Berrios will be a senior. We should take 5.

We have Coley, Cager, Berrios, Lewis, Langham and D'Mauri Jones...thats 6, but next year Coley...Jones... Lewis...and Langham (Transfer) will be gone... that leaves us with only Berrios and Cager... we need to bring in 5 or 6( Bruce, Mullins, Richards, Snelson, Williams, Davis).... redshirt 3/4 (Snelson, Mullins, Williams, Davis)..... we need WRs n CBs bad.....after those 2 positions, lock yp one solid DT if possible.....

We have Coley, Cager, Berrios, Lewis, Langham and D'Mauri Jones...thats 6, but next year Coley...Jones... Lewis...and Langham (Transfer) will be gone... that leaves us with only Berrios and Cager... we need to bring in 5 or 6( Bruce, Mullins, Richards, Snelson, Williams, Davis).... redshirt 3/4 (Snelson, Mullins, Williams, Davis)..... we need WRs n CBs bad.....after those 2 positions, lock yp one solid DT if possible.....

Jones is gone. I believe he participated in senior day activities. Earl Moore and Jelani Hamilton did as well.

Advertisement

This is also a unique situation. The kid hasn't heard from the UGA staff since he went on Christmas break. Two guys who recruited him there are at Miami.

So he may not have a spot at UGA and he has a prior relationship with our head coach. One so good that he committed to him.

Those are fair points.

Mclendon the wr coach went to Mays High..he is gone.....thomas brown is gone;....he might be a drop by uga....

its nice to keep a plan b option they have a relationship with

Advertisement

Well put, and I agree, I just think there's plenty of WR talent in FL

Advertisement
While there may be better receivers in Florida, recruiting is about relationships. So, it makes sense that we would hear some names that Richt was interested in when he was at Georgia.

Mclendon the wr coach went to Mays High..he is gone.....thomas brown is gone;....he might be a drop by uga....

its nice to keep a plan b option they have a relationship with

That's how it looks to me

Why is it when a recruit wants to visit Miami, it's always a free trip, not always the case.With Golden I would agree, with CMR I will give him the benefit of doubt.

Advertisement
Back