Random Guess

Cane01

Redshirt Freshman
Mike Mallory will be named as LB/ST coach. He is currently the Jags Asst. ST coach

Totally a guess, but consider:

-We haven't named a 10th coach and that coincides with the Jags still playing.
-I don't feel Richt is looking for offensive help, instead helping take some workload from Diaz (LBs) and addressing a big need (ST)-He has coached ST in the NFL since 2008, has also coached LB's before at Maryland, Kansas, Rhode Island, Eastern Illinois, Kent State in addition to being a Butkus nominee himself in 1985.
-Has experience as a DC (Illinois, Northern Illinois) and DB coach (Louisville, Illinois, Northern Illinois) as well, lending another veteran presence to the staff.
-Move from Jax to Mia is made easier on the family now that son Will Mallory is a TE at Miami.

Advertisement
And before anyone asks, yes he can be hired despite Will now being on the team since he would have an on-field position.

I made a post about this months ago. The timeline does seem to support it as a possibility but Pete also said they were letting the coaching carousel to die down. That could also play into it.

I thought a good sign of it was his home visit with Will was to a Jags game to watch his dad coach... 2 birds with one stone

Advertisement
I made a post about this months ago. The timeline does seem to support it as a possibility but Pete also said they were letting the coaching carousel to die down. That could also play into it.

I thought a good sign of it was his home visit with Will was to a Jags game to watch his dad coach... 2 birds with one stone

no bidding war for us...

no bidding war for us...

Well it was in reference to our staff members that could leave. He said Dugans leaving or something like that could change the route we go for 10th assistant. I still doubt we get into a bidding war

Advertisement
Nice assessment OP and [MENTION=10989]mjackson6[/MENTION] you did make that known a while back. I didn’t know he coaches LBs though. Def a good pick up imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was the case, we should have moved Banda to LB's and brought in Surtain as the 10th assistant We already had Mallory lined up

Advertisement
Back