Rambo (vs Hurns)

CIS in true form taking a positive post and turning it into dog fight. Midseason form and about to peak. Fantastic!

Advertisement
1 Allen Hurns 1,162 2013
2 Leonard Hankerson 1,156 2010
3 Eddie Brown 1,114 1984
4 Andre Johnson 1,092 2002
5 Wesley Carroll 952 1990
6 Ahmmon Richards 934 2016
7 Santana Moss 899 1999
8 Phillip Dorsett 871 2014
9 Michael Irvin 868 1986

I’m not saying he is better than any of these guys but he should be thought of one of our best transfers and we had some great ones
Let's see if he drops any more perfectly thrown bombs before we crown him.

its not just modern offenses, those guys played with more studs AND blew teams out.
Also, put Eddie and Andre at 1 and 2 if their schedules included 12 games.

Hopefully in the future, conference championship games and playoff games we'll be part of our receiving yardage haul as well.

The next four opponents rank in scoring defense: 83, 74, 46 and 112. Pitt and NCST were superior defensively to any of those teams. VanDyke’s numbers might dip because none of those teams is even in the top 80 in run defense, so Miami may end up running the ball more but it’s unlikely that any of our remaining regular season opponents do what much better defensive teams couldn’t.
What’s unlikely is predicting what this team will do. Anything from losing every game to winning every game is possible. Like I said, somebody will figure our offense out eventually, and the run hasn’t really been there for us. And do you trust the D if we score less than 30? As always, rankings of other teams mean very little as far as what our team will do.

Advertisement
What’s unlikely is predicting what this team will do. Anything from losing every game to winning every game is possible. Like I said, somebody will figure our offense out eventually, and the run hasn’t really been there for us. And do you trust the D if we score less than 30? As always, rankings of other teams mean very little as far as what our team will do.
Nobody can predict everything but you can make educated assumptions based on prior evidence. It’s unlikely that four really bad defenses are going to “figure our offense out”. It’s possible but unlikely. It’s also likely that Miami will have better success running the ball against teams with run defenses in the 90’s than they did against top 20 defenses in Pitt and NCST.

It’s also unlikely that Miami’s defense all of the sudden shuts anyone down but that has no effect on whether or not the offense scores.

1 Allen Hurns 1,162 2013
2 Leonard Hankerson 1,156 2010
3 Eddie Brown 1,114 1984
4 Andre Johnson 1,092 2002
5 Wesley Carroll 952 1990
6 Ahmmon Richards 934 2016
7 Santana Moss 899 1999
8 Phillip Dorsett 871 2014
9 Michael Irvin 868 1986

I’m not saying he is better than any of these guys but he should be thought of one of our best transfers and we had some great ones
Carroll can sometimes get lost in the shuffle.

Should've been even more. Dropped an easy ball that might have been a 15 yard TD and then the deep ball that he probably should've caught too.

Cedar Hill stand up! We should grab a couple every year from the Dallas Metroplex. Loaded with skill players.

Advertisement
Also, put Eddie and Andre at 1 and 2 if their schedules included 12 games.

Hopefully in the future, conference championship games and playoff games we'll be part of our receiving yardage haul as well.
Lamar Thomas, Horace Copeland, Kevin Williams.
Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, etc.
these guys played with multiple stand out players too. The play was passed around.

Advertisement
I hope Rambo helps some of our other young WRs. He understands how to get open and run routes with leverage and vs different coverage looks. Not the fastest or most agile guy we have but a good player with high IQ. Big fan

I din't like comparing players of different era's. How much different would Shaq Quarterman's career be if he was born 10 years earlier and went through college before offenses got revamped?
Watching Sam Howell drag Shaq 5 yards for a 1st down ..,I don’t know. Bad tackling was less tolerable back then.

Advertisement
Nobody can predict everything but you can make educated assumptions based on prior evidence. It’s unlikely that four really bad defenses are going to “figure our offense out”. It’s possible but unlikely. It’s also likely that Miami will have better success running the ball against teams with run defenses in the 90’s than they did against top 20 defenses in Pitt and NCST.

It’s also unlikely that Miami’s defense all of the sudden shuts anyone down but that has no effect on whether or not the offense scores.
My point was that if one team shuts down our passing for one game, it’s going to be tough for him to get all those yards.

Advertisement
Back