Rambo to Miami!!!!!

I am not saying he isn't better than Wiggins or Pope, I was just posting stats this year.

I knew it would get ya'll riled up. Solid addition.

Advertisement
His 2019 highlights are average for that much production. He does have breakaway speed but it takes him a while to get to top speed. His stop start and lateral movement is mediocre. He has great leaping ability and can highpoint the ball. That is something nobody on the UM roster has shown. He's a replacement for Wiggins that plays to his size.

This is what I watched if you want to judge for yourself...

I am not saying he isn't better than Wiggins or Pope, I was just posting stats this year.

I knew it would get ya'll riled up. Solid addition.

Maybe you should post some, you know, actual analysis, instead of dropping context-less stats as if they are some big, nasty dump you're trying to leave on someone's lawn in the middle of the night.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight:

We got a WR who is at worst a Harley clone.

A guy who has played big time college football in a big conference, on big stages (both regular season and Bowl Games).

He can return kicks. (Anyone know if he can return punts or at least catch them without muffing them?)

I think people are trying too hard to be wannabe talent evaluators based on YouTube videos instead of keepin' it real here.

Lashlee can mold this kind into an All-ACC type of player. And he is a much needed addition.
Opposing teams in the Conference will not want to face this guy and Harley and whomever else emerges as our playmakers.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm sure you'll get trashed for your post, but if that's how you feel, respect.

But I have to ask you...what did you expect? Honestly?

He's a portal kid, when you flipped on his tape were you expecting Devonta Smith? Think about what you're saying here.

And secondly, did you watch our receivers last year? Put it this way, if this kid is on the roster just in our last game and 8 or 6 are not, we win the game. There are 150+ plays in a football game, so rarely does a single one decide the outcome, but I can say with 100.0% certainty that 8 and 6 cost us a win. They were the difference between a bowl win and bowl loss, period. So "I'll take him"...….of course you will. We need the help. Desperately.

But he's leaving OU to come here. I don't think anyone expects him to win the Heisman. He improves the WR room, and there is zero doubt in that statement. So how is this anything other than a good thing?
I would’ve taken the kid from Montana over Rambo

Advertisement
So let me get this straight:

We got a WR who is at worst a Harley clone.

A guy who has played big time college football in a big conference, on big stages (both regular season and Bowl Games).

He can return kicks. (Anyone know if he can return punts or at least catch them without muffing them?)

I think people are trying too hard to be wannabe talent evaluators based on YouTube videos instead of keepin' it real here.

Lashlee can mold this kind into an All-ACC type of player. And he is a much needed addition.
Opposing teams in the Conference will not want to face this guy and Harley and whomever else emerges as our playmakers.

Lashlee will have a whole year and a whole spring with this offense.

I expect significant 2nd year improvements. He can scheme this guy open, and he’s good in space, and he’s an improvement over what we have.

What’s not to like?

He’s not amari Cooper guys. But he probably the best receiver on our roster. Maybe second best. He’s a guy with proven production who can solidify a starting spot

Advertisement
I would’ve taken the kid from Montana over Rambo
I would have, too, FWIW.

We'll see how it goes. He's splashed and at times looked legit - and I'd like to believe...but 2020 wasn't good. Seems like its an attempt in hopes that 2 Popes = 1 decent player...idk.

Advertisement
82BBF1F9-3FA5-4D15-AD78-F390ABD8A280.jpeg

As far as I can tell, we didn’t offer him

So there are only 2 schools in the country that could have offered him?

Again, maybe he was #1 on the Miami board at one point, but others have entered the portal. If you are trying to build the argument why the Montana WR was a take over Rambo, I'm just pointing out that he doesn't seem to have a ton of other prospects, outside of the Midwest's biggest ongoing tire fire.

If there was a bidding war for the Montana kid, just let me know.

So there are only 2 schools in the country that could have offered him?

Again, maybe he was #1 on the Miami board at one point, but others have entered the portal. If you are trying to build the argument why the Montana WR was a take over Rambo, I'm just pointing out that he doesn't seem to have a ton of other prospects, outside of the Midwest's biggest ongoing tire fire.

If there was a bidding war for the Montana kid, just let me know.
Miami cooled on him after evaluating

Advertisement
Back