Rambo to Miami!!!!!

Advertisement
Just took this from the 247 transfer portal profile about him

"The Oklahoma offense didn’t necessarily force Rambo to make contested catches outside the numbers because Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley does such a good job of scheming players to be wide open, but it should be noted that Pro Football Focus counted him with just one drop in 2019. In 2020, Rambo was credited with four drops. "

Edit* after reading more they said he excels in taking the top off of coverage, deep posts, and shallow crossers. Sounds like a Wiggins to me.

Pretty much, he's better than Wiggins though and is a lot more polished.

He's going to drop some passes, but he can also take the top off the defense, and without JT4 we really lacked that this year.

Good pickup definitely, but he has some flaws (otherwise he wouldn't be in the portal). Would love to see him, Harley, and Brinson be our starters

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty much, he's better than Wiggins though and is a lot more polished.

He's going to drop some passes, but he can also take the top off the defense, and without JT4 we really lacked that this year.

Good pickup definitely, but he has some flaws (otherwise he wouldn't be in the portal). Would love to see him, Harley, and Brinson be our starters

Gotta stop relying on true freshmen to really start to develop a program.

The hope should be that the light comes on for Jeremiah Payton, and we go 11 right out of the gate with him, Harley, Rambo, and Mallory.

If Brinson is the best player we have besides 3 and Rambo, he's either a first-round talent or we've done a really poor job evaluating and developing WRs.

I don’t mean to **** in everyone’s Cheerios, but I watched his highlight reel and came away pretty unimpressed. I only watched the first half, but I saw him schemed open for the most part.

I saw good breakaway speed. I saw at least one hands catch. But I didn’t see any contested catches. I didn’t see great separation. I couldn’t tell if he was a burner or a possession receiver (kinda lean towards the latter).

Probably a premature post being that I didn’t watch his whole clip, but playing in Okla offense is gonna get you numbers, esp playing opposite CeeDee. Idk. I’ll take him, but I’m not blown away.

I’ve called all three transfers. Two of them right down to the day.

Look, man, I know you're kinda new around here, inexperienced, and you got lucky, but I'm glad to see you are learning. On this one, you didn't give Barry Jacksoff a couple of weeks to decode your Cribtic hints, so that he could write a "breaking news" piece on it in order to act like he has sauces.

Kidding, much respect to you, amigo, thanks for all the board (and DM) conversations!

Not to get off topic but this is why I don't believe Ivins knows **** about about the coaching situation and future of it
im not saying they don't know anything at all about the roster. at one point they def did. I just don't think they know the actual stuff anymore until its pretty public. with coaching staff changes, its absolutely clear Manny is sitting there telling his own guys let alone these dudes what hes doing.

Advertisement
I don’t mean to **** in everyone’s Cheerios, but I watched his highlight reel and came away pretty unimpressed. I only watched the first half, but I saw him schemed open for the most part.

I saw good breakaway speed. I saw at least one hands catch. But I didn’t see any contested catches. I didn’t see great separation. I couldn’t tell if he was a burner or a possession receiver (kinda lean towards the latter).

Probably a premature post being that I didn’t watch his whole clip, but playing in Okla offense is gonna get you numbers, esp playing opposite CeeDee. Idk. I’ll take him, but I’m not blown away.

Maybe maybe not. All I know is he’s head and shoulders better than 6/8

Advertisement

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm sure you'll get trashed for your post, but if that's how you feel, respect.

But I have to ask you...what did you expect? Honestly?

He's a portal kid, when you flipped on his tape were you expecting Devonta Smith? Think about what you're saying here.

And secondly, did you watch our receivers last year? Put it this way, if this kid is on the roster just in our last game and 8 or 6 are not, we win the game. There are 150+ plays in a football game, so rarely does a single one decide the outcome, but I can say with 100.0% certainty that 8 and 6 cost us a win. They were the difference between a bowl win and bowl loss, period. So "I'll take him"...….of course you will. We need the help. Desperately.

But he's leaving OU to come here. I don't think anyone expects him to win the Heisman. He improves the WR room, and there is zero doubt in that statement. So how is this anything other than a good thing?

1610485199962.gif

Advertisement
Back