Raising Canes: Jamal Carter

Pulling for Jamal, love it, great vid. Kind of want a number 6 jersey.

I ahhhh errrr ummmm kind of like D'onofrio. I see why everyone likes him and he is only hated on Cane boards. Geezus can we please turn this ship around, so tired of watching my Canes like this the last decade. Guys like Jamal got to do it, not just D'onofrio.

Advertisement
Ready to see JC crush some mofos. Old-school Cane all the way. When the whole team follows suit, then we will finally be back. Dude is a killer.

If he has that reaction twitch that Ed had he will kill some dudes. so far with the whole camp and also the spring game Dallas looks to have that specialty, that's something you can't teach a safety. They either have it or don't and to me that's super important, just like HBK has pocket awareness and that's a huge thing for a QB.

Dallas is a football player and nobody should be surprised he's starting.

Always said that kid will be the mouthpiece like Blades, he has that old skoo mentality. It's a shame he was the only kid as a freshmen with a mouthpiece now I think we got more guys like that in this last cycle. We need some mean mofos and there's plenty in sfla.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but he was not "the only kid with a mouthpiece." For starters, Tracy Howard and Denzel Perryman were vocal leaders on last year's defense.

In terms of true freshmen that played, don't forget AQM.

Advertisement
Great to see my fellow Spartan developing into a leader on this team, there truly is elite talent at DB on this team. Now they just have to start playing like it.

Love that he kept referencing Ray Lewis saying all it takes is 1 guy to become the leader that changes the team's intensity, focus, and dynamic in general. Denzel mighttttt be in the discussion a little bit as that guy, but that is something this team has been missing for quite some time. Hope Jamal continues to become that kind of player

this kid seems like a leader, an old school cane. if this **** translates on to the field, watch the **** out.

Advertisement
I want to YAWWWWWWWNNNNN

I really do. But my FAP hand won't let me.

Kacy Rodgers and the Flute player aint here no mo

Just remember that the Safety play in this defense is highly dependent on being tied together with the LBs, which is highly dependent on some pass rush. My hope is, along with improved talent on the field at the S position, a guy like Grace will help those Safeties look as they should. Some of the holes in our zones over the past couple years are shockingly wide. Guys either didn't feel comfortable carrying receivers, passing receivers to the next defender in the zone or, of course, just having to do it too long.

Interesting that he did not feel comfortable with the team last year. I hope that was more a personal issue than an indication that freshman have trouble fitting in.

Now we know why Rodgers and Highsmith played so much. Wasn't "loyalty to Seniors"... Carter wasn't studying the cot **** playbook.

Advertisement
Just part of growing up, from selfish immaturity to team player, and eventually a mature pro.

Now we know why Rodgers and Highsmith played so much. Wasn't "loyalty to Seniors"... Carter wasn't studying the cot **** playbook.

Definitely the "loyalty to seniors" whining was nonsense. Bottom line is Carter and Jenkins, while physically gifted, often seemed lost and confused on the field. Carter's got the physical side, let's hope the mental side clicks for him, because he can be a great one.

tupac happy.gif

J ROCK is that dude! Like Clubber Lang he bringin the pain!

Advertisement
Just remember that the Safety play in this defense is highly dependent on being tied together with the LBs, which is highly dependent on some pass rush. My hope is, along with improved talent on the field at the S position, a guy like Grace will help those Safeties look as they should. Some of the holes in our zones over the past couple years are shockingly wide. Guys either didn't feel comfortable carrying receivers, passing receivers to the next defender in the zone or, of course, just having to do it too long.

I think this was mostly the case based on my recollection.

I think this was mostly the case based on my recollection.

I think it happened both ways. There are a number of clips where opposing QBs take a quick 3 step drop and just zipped a slant or quick in next to our LB's earhole. It's part of why "Coach Macho" questioned whether we were spot dropping (vs pattern reading).

Always said that kid will be the mouthpiece like Blades, he has that old skoo mentality. It's a shame he was the only kid as a freshmen with a mouthpiece now I think we got more guys like that in this last cycle. We need some mean mofos and there's plenty in sfla.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but he was not "the only kid with a mouthpiece." For starters, Tracy Howard and Denzel Perryman were vocal leaders on last year's defense.

In terms of true freshmen that played, don't forget AQM.

That the difference this year. We had Tracy, Denzel, and AQM last year. you failed to mention any seniors. this year we have. Tracy, Stacy, Denzel,Duke,Heaps (from canes reports),Walford AQM, Chad T, Carter, Dallas, Chick. i mean a whole bunch of guys that are leading. i could barley spot one last year seriously. we had no identity. this year we do.

Choose A, B or C for which player appears to look the part for a Miami safety:

A: aj.jpg

B: kacy.jpg

C: jamal.jpg

Advertisement
Back