Raising Canes: Jamal Carter

I love Dallas but I'm excited for the starters to be bush and Carter that can potentially be a great tandem for two years

Dallas is going to be a good safety, but Carter looks like he can be Bennie Blades.
Carter looks like he weighs 220.
Hopefully he jackhammers a receiver early over the middle in every game.
Gator arms the rest of the game.

Advertisement
I know I said and expected Deon and Dallas to get the nod. But Jamal breathing right down their necks like I said. Jamal is an animal and once he gets the experience, if one of them are slacking, he's gonna jump right into the lineup. Either way he's gonna get same amount snaps as a starter this year anyway. Going to be hard for the coaches to keep him off the field. Hits like he's going 200 mph. And his athleticism is off the charts.

You thought Deon had great athleticism for a safety? Meet Jamal Carter, my personal favorite defensive recruit from the 2013 class.

I'm hoping Jamal creeps into the lineup next to Deon. And then we get Dallas to play in a honey badger role like the staff been working on.

Jamal is one of those guys, that he's a leader, he will step up an say what needs to be said or do what needs to be done. Love this kid.

Awesome vid. Looks like a future team leader. Now let's see that nastiness we all know he has have come out. For heavens sake - he has to be much better than Highsmith/Rodgers - maybe they were holding him back last year to give him more time to learn the play book.

Advertisement
Always said that kid will be the mouthpiece like Blades, he has that old skoo mentality. It's a shame he was the only kid as a freshmen with a mouthpiece now I think we got more guys like that in this last cycle. We need some mean mofos and there's plenty in sfla.

One of the best in a long time. Have always been high on Carter. Even if he doesn't become our best player he appears to have the vocal and emotional leadership that has been extinct for a decade

We 'gone be back... and this Thundercat will help lead us....

382.gif

I think he and Crawford both have an it factor to them that we haven't had at safety in some time. They bring that god given aggressiveness that I can't wait to see in full force this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ready to see JC crush some mofos. Old-school Cane all the way. When the whole team follows suit, then we will finally be back. Dude is a killer.

Ready to see JC crush some mofos. Old-school Cane all the way. When the whole team follows suit, then we will finally be back. Dude is a killer.

If he has that reaction twitch that Ed had he will kill some dudes. so far with the whole camp and also the spring game Dallas looks to have that specialty, that's something you can't teach a safety. They either have it or don't and to me that's super important, just like HBK has pocket awareness and that's a huge thing for a QB.

This young man really wants it. He has been showing it in his offseason workout and his study of the defense. I fully expect for him to make huge plays this season. I get excited thinking that Carter and Crawford are the replacements for Rodgers and Highsmith, that alone is the difference in 1 or 2 victories this season. Just think about the countless missed tackles and and blown coverages from Rodgers and Highsmith last season, now put Carter and Crawford in those same exact positions. I would be willing to bet my life that the outcome would be totally different.

This glass of kool aid taste pretty good right now.

Advertisement
On a SN, I've never been a fan of Paul williams. He's never screamed "awesome DB coach" in my eyes

i hear people say that but he has done a good job developing kids. I mean, he turned Brandon McGee around. Also, he has developed Gunter, Tracy, Antonio, Jenkins, etc. those kids were thrown in early and have developed pretty well. Deon was good as a true fresh but got injured. I think AJ and Kacey were just aj and kacey, limited kids,

I think his calm demeanor, and nice guy attitude is probably a good fit with Coach D. D is the jerk and the position coaches are the guys everyone is close with. I assume that is how most teams operate anyway.... You can't have a staff full of jerks or a staff full of buddies, You need toughness from the HC and the Coordinators... IMO

Advertisement
Back