Radakovich Letter

Advertisement
While SMU announced a stadium expansion in 2022 that includes a football-only operations center (meeting space, offices, locker room and workout facility) etc that will be completed this summer.
Music Festival Peace GIF by Cosmic Accents

Advertisement
Funds have been reallocated for NIL, doesn’t mean the building won’t happen but just delayed. Also, Dan has been sidelined by the people above him and hasn’t been able to act on his own accord to make the hurricanes better. Seems like decisions are being made by people who have limited knowledge of football or how to make the program great.

LOL. the only words that are accurate in this post, is that you got his first name right.

Advertisement
While SMU announced a stadium expansion in 2022 that includes a football-only operations center (meeting space, offices, locker room and workout facility) etc that will be completed this summer.
I imagine that a good deal of this can be explained by the difference in zoning restrictions between Texas and Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Lots of construction going on in a small area and parking is very limited. This was today and doesn’t include the new music building that sits about 100’ to the right. The new parking structure for the football facility will be roughly where I’m standing. Very limited space to break ground for the new facility while these other projects are going on and I’ll be curious to see how they plan to reroute wellness center parking during construction. The delay is likely a logistical one if I had to bet on it.

IMG_2292.jpeg

Advertisement
What’s the update on the improved athletic facilities? The perks for players? It’s an arms race.

That's the story of UM construction for the past 40 years.
1000% true but also kind of ridiculous that the school hasn't essentially figured out how to consistently buy more expedient "influence" with The City Beautiful over those 40 years. Especially when considering the minimal amount of actual non-university related Gables residents affected by campus construction versus the amount of crazy development that has been allowed in the downtown Gables area- and a lot of that has not been without controversy.

1000% true but also kind of ridiculous that the school hasn't essentially figured out how to consistently buy more expedient "influence" with The City Beautiful over those 40 years. Especially when considering the minimal amount of actual non-university related Gables residents affected by campus construction versus the amount of crazy development that has been allowed in the downtown Gables area- and a lot of that has not been without controversy.

I agree. ****, The ****** Beautiful had all our construction projects on hold for nearly a decade trying to extort more money from UM to pay for the Moral Gables Police Department (even though we have our own po-po).

Regardless of who gets elected, I tend to believe that the real power in that muncipality remains the same, decade after decade...

And it's probably some desk clerk in the licensing department...

1701800222364.png

Advertisement
Back