Radakovich informs staff he’s coming to Miami

I was excited at first till I read his resume. Isn't the last HC he hired Paul Johnson at GT? That scares me.

Johnson was a smart hire. GT needed to run a gimmick system to be remotely competitive, otherwise they'd have been a perennial doormat like Vandy in the SEC. Teams hated playing them. Johnson won the coastal 4 times and the ACC championship once. Johnsons ACC record ****s on anything UM accomplished in the ACC.

Advertisement
GT was beating us just fine before Paul Johnson. In fact we started to turn things in around against them after PJ got there and gave us that 08 beating. When the entire league was down (as opposed to everyone but Clemson) they did okay. It was something that was only set succeed for a year or two. They basically became a while card "tough" team you hated to play and knew you could lose to. But on the whole you knew you'd probably win.

I've just never seen a school go so backward. On purpose. Look at the team left behind in 2019? Unless your name is Manny Diaz you probably did okay. That system is one that can level the playing field if you don't have talent and forces the other guy into a physically grueling game and to really do his job against something he hasn't seen since highschool (or at all depending on where he's from).

Look PJ is a good coach but hiring him is throwing in the towel and saying you don't care. You want a group of tough kids that are just as likely to go 5-7 as they are 10-2 every year. Undefeated or Natty is definitely off the table.

GT was beating us just fine before Paul Johnson. In fact we started to turn things in around against them after PJ got there and gave us that 08 beating. When the entire league was down (as opposed to everyone but Clemson) they did okay. It was something that was only set succeed for a year or two. They basically became a while card "tough" team you hated to play and knew you could lose to. But on the whole you knew you'd probably win.

I've just never seen a school go so backward. On purpose. Look at the team left behind in 2019? Unless your name is Manny Diaz you probably did okay. That system is one that can level the playing field if you don't have talent and forces the other guy into a physically grueling game and to really do his job against something he hasn't seen since highschool (or at all depending on where he's from).

Look PJ is a good coach but hiring him is throwing in the towel and saying you don't care. You want a group of tough kids that are just as likely to go 5-7 as they are 10-2 every year. Undefeated or Natty is definitely off the table.
PJ was a very good hire, he just wasn't a great hire. Elite at Xs and Os but underwhelming recruiter who simply was a tier below guys like Jimbo Fisher. That said, he was miles better than anyone Miami hired in the last 20 years.

I would say PJ is the best coach GT hired since O'Leary. GT is a program that simple hasn't produced to the level it should mainly due to their athletic budget but Rad actually improved that tremendously.

Advertisement

GTs best stretch of endured success in the 21st century was under Paul Johnson and Rad

So what the f is going on here?
Even though it wasn't thought to be true and was shot down - I think the Radakovich is far more likely to take the job officially when Mario is done and announced.

Don't think it totally hinged on Mario - but this was a totally different situation for him to deal with without that commitment. Might have been hesitant.

Even though it wasn't thought to be true and was shot down - I think the Radakovich is far more likely to take the job officially when Mario is done and announced.

Don't think it totally hinged on Mario - but this was a totally different situation for him to deal with without that commitment. Might have been hesitant.
So you think we’re going to fire Manny, hire Mario, then AD comes out?

Advertisement

I was of the opinion that an AD wouldn't appreciate not having the ability to make the hire himself, but maybe Rad doesn't want that pressure on him.

A couple people are claiming Rad decided to stay at Clemson and he's off the table now.

download (15).jpeg

A couple people are claiming Rad decided to stay at Clemson and he's off the table now.
Anyone credible? Or just Twitter ****….honestly the way the media is acting, i don’t even know what is true and what isn’t. CribbyCrumbs, JayCaneJuice, NY(Cane)Nuggets are my sauces.

Advertisement
I was of the opinion that an AD wouldn't appreciate not having the ability to make the hire himself, but maybe Rad doesn't want that pressure on him.
I think all AD candidates understood that Mario was the choice and it was obvious he was the best option or if not the best the 2nd best in their eyes - behind Kiffin.

Especially when you've got half a billion $ staring at you that wants Mario - if you're handcuffed to that money and forced to hire Mario if you want the money and he had his FIU resume - you probably shy away and don't take the job. But with his Oregon resume... you can't turn that down.

This worked out perfectly for him. He gets to play the victim, while being embraced by a virtue signaling press, and collect millions of dollars he otherwise would not get at this time if he actually performed his job well.
The only problem there is that the media has the attention span of a Mountain Dew hopped up teenager with ADHD. They’ll soon forget who Mandy was ever here I think.

I think all AD candidates understood that Mario was the choice and it was obvious he was the best option or if not the best the 2nd best in their eyes - behind Kiffin.

Especially when you've got half a billion $ staring at you that wants Mario - if you're handcuffed to that money and forced to hire Mario if you want the money and he had his FIU resume - you probably shy away and don't take the job. But with his Oregon resume... you can't turn that down.
I was an ardent Mario-skeptic, but can't even make the argument with his Oregon resume and a blank check.

Advertisement
I was an ardent Mario-skeptic, but can't even make the argument with his Oregon resume and a blank check.
Don’t get me wrong I’m skeptical too, but with the alleged coordinator budget (if it’s really 4 mil for OC+DC, Joe Brady made 2 with the Panthers…just sayin that’s what that money could get us) Mario will really have to be a corch to mess this up baldly…he’s proven he’s not. With this budget, **** James Franklin’s overrated mug would win 10+ games here consistently. Mario’s got this, I trust he’ll make some fantastic hires and recruit like a mad man.

so is this one a maybe or done deal?

Advertisement
Back