Radakovich informs staff he’s coming to Miami

Correct. UM wants Mario. UM does not need Mario.
What UM needed was a financial commitment to its athletic department and football program in particular. If we indeed hire DRad, we have taken the most important step. An experienced AD with a big budget will find the right coach if its not Mario. And we will win. UM won NC’s with 4 different coaches. Support the program financially as a school and good things will follow.

What’s so hard for people to get about this?

Advertisement
What UM needed was a financial commitment to its athletic department and football program in particular. If we indeed hire DRad, we have taken the most important step. An experienced AD with a big budget will find the right coach if its not Mario. And we will win. UM won NC’s with 4 different coaches. Support the program financially as a school and good things will follow.

I'm hoping the Mario hold up is Rad saying "Now hold up, let's not get hasty with the HC hire. We have a special talent at QB. Maybe we should look at a HC who can make the most of that."

Advertisement
What’s so hard for people to get about this?
its just like recruiting players out of high school. Player A becomes anointed as the recruit we can not miss on or the entire class is a failure.
I think it is easier for people to understand the “knight in shining armor” concept than it is to understand that programs are built from the top and bottom.

Is Kirby Smart a great coach? or does he have the biggest football budget and UGA spends 1 million more than Bama in recruiting?
Is Oregeron suddenly a great coach or did he have the best assistants (and players) that money could buy?

But people want an easy answer and the easiest answer is we have too have player/coach ____ or we will fail. And in the inverse, if we get player/coach ____ we are guaranteed success. As you and I have been discussing, nether statement is true.

Any valid timeline when any official announcement will be made?
As for Mario would not mind having him but think with valid AD and money behind us there are other good coaches we could get if he does not come.

Advertisement
I'm hoping the Mario hold up is Rad saying "Now hold up, let's not get hasty with the HC hire. We have a special talent at QB. Maybe we should look at a HC who can make the most of that."
If I am Rad and I have confidence in myself, which he must at this point, I am telling the powers that be, ‘I like Mario. Go for it and I am on board. And by the way, if that doesn’t work, I will get to work and take care of this’.

Any valid timeline when any official announcement will be made?
As for Mario would not mind having him but think with valid AD and money behind us there are other good coaches we could get if he does not come.
I’d be shocked if a final decision is not made by Monday, for the sake of both schools And early signing day being right around the corner.

its just like recruiting players out of high school. Player A becomes anointed as the recruit we can not miss open or the entire class is a failure.
I think it is easier for people to understand the “knight in shining armor” concept than it is to understand that programs are built from the top and bottom.

Is Kirby Smart a great coach? or does he have the biggest football budget and UGA spends 1 million more than Bama in recruiting?
Is Oregeron suddenly a great coach or did he have the best assistants (and players) that money could buy?

But people want an easy answer and the easiest answer is we have too have player/coach ____ or we will fail. And in the inverse, if we get player/coach ____ we are guaranteed success. As you and I have been discussing, nether statement is true.

That’s it.

But you have the wisdom that comes from maturity, being a professional, and experience, so these concepts are not foreign to you.

It really is like that old cliché, not being able to see the forest for the trees. People are looking at the trees and not backing up and seeing the big picture.

Advertisement
Why would miami not wait to sign Mario until we sign the AD??
I’m sure Mario would want to make a switch sooner than later. If you wait to interview a bunch of candidates and offer him a week or two from now he might not be interested anymore

Also if you’re convinced he’s the guy and I’m sure the new AD was sled about his thoughts, you go for it

Advertisement
2b6dc1f4-13e6-4b36-9c10-5dfb08cab158_text.gif

I’m sure Mario would want to make a switch sooner than later. If you wait to interview a bunch of candidates and offer him a week or two from now he might not be interested anymore

Also if you’re convinced he’s the guy and I’m sure the new AD was sled about his thoughts, you go for it
I agree a decision needs to be made and announced rather soon. But as they are prepping to announce ce the AD I wouldnt expect a Mario decision until after that. IMO Monday.

Advertisement
Back