Radakovich informs staff he’s coming to Miami

Advertisement
You have always been one to get so sensitive when proven wrong. You ain’t hiring and firing no one. Stfu and take your L like a man
You didn’t prove anybody wrong you arrogant ****. Nobody is training anybody to replace them unless they themselves are being promoted soon. It doesn’t happen anywhere. They might train somebody to take the same position with a sister company but that’s not the same thing.

You can tell a lot of these dudes never worked in corporate America. It’s common for senior executives to openly discuss the importance of succession planning.
You’re right. I went and invested my money to hire a bunch of dweebs to run my businesses instead on wasting my time on a **** degree to work for somebody. This isn’t corporate America. Stop trying to equate the two. No GM or AD is training anybody to replace them when starting a new job. All that does is make you easier to fire.

You didn’t prove anybody wrong you arrogant ****. Nobody is training anybody to replace them unless they themselves are being promoted soon. It doesn’t happen anywhere. They might train somebody to take the same position with a sister company but that’s not the same thing.
Your problem, and it may be because your only 25 and don’t have any experience, is you are making absolute statements like ‘it doesn’t happen anywhere”. It’s almost impossible to argue points like that, when you don’t have the knowledge or experience to make such claims.

I myself had a senior person hired to help mentor and train me for the next step.

Here in this thread there are people who agreed with my statements and commented their experiences with it.

Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about. You are better off trying to not make your argument some absolute claim like it’s never happens anywhere in the history of business.

Advertisement
Pros:
-Faster than Chris Johnson at the combine
-More often than not, they come from money
-Always a good time
-They like ***** more than South Carolina fans

Cons:
-Can’t handle their alcohol
-Inexperienced
-Dumb
I live an hour North in Asheville, hunted down there frequently, can confirm all of this. Normally, willingness overcame inexperience.

It was widely known that Jimbo Fisher was the head coach in waiting for when Bowden retired. Jack Welch of GE picked Jeffrey Immelt as a successor and trained him up for almost a year before retiring.

Radakovich is 63, it's not unreasonable that he may want a protege to help him right the ship and learn how it's done.

Your problem, and it may be because your only 25 and don’t have any experience, is you are making absolute statements like ‘it doesn’t happen anywhere”. It’s almost impossible to argue points like that, when you don’t have the knowledge or experience to make such claims.

I myself had a senior person hired to help mentor and train me for the next step.

Here in this thread there are have people who agreed with my statements and commented their experiences with it.

Again, you don’t know what your talking about. You are better off trying to not make your argument some absolute claim like it’s never happens anywhere in the history of business.
1. I’m not 25 and 2. You know nothing about my background. I’ve already sold 3 businesses by my age now and what you’re describing is called a trainer which is a specific guy to train new hires or in your case a manager for a different territory/ store/etc because I don’t know what you exactly do. That’s completely different concept. Every business has set trainers or a training coordinator. I preferred using a coordinator so that way I could promote somebody to that specific role.

Unless an AD, GM, or any role like that went and said that I’m leaving to retire or something of that nature either at one point or even at the hiring process then they aren’t going to train a successor. It’ll just make you easier to fire and these jobs only come in specific amounts.

It was widely known that Jimbo Fisher was the head coach in waiting for when Bowden retired. Jack Welch of GE picked Jeffrey Immelt as a successor and trained him up for almost a year before retiring.

Radakovich is 63, it's not unreasonable that he may want a protege to help him right the ship and learn how it's done.
But all was planned for JD. Bobby wasn’t hire in ‘78 on the pretense of him training Jimbo so he could retire in ‘06.

Advertisement
A while back I had considered a job in the Spartanburg/Greenville area. While I was chatting with the hotel clerks about the area I said I hoped nobody would take offense that I will never be a Clemson fan. I got an earful from two young ladies about what ******** their fans were.
Outside of clemson fans Greenville is a pretty cool place to live(Spartanburg sucks). I lived there for 3-4 years after graduating from USC. I’m now down in west palm. Clemson fans have been unbearable even since the tommy Bowden days and it only got worse since they became good.

@TheToadSage I’ve had a couple trips to downtown clemson and tiger tavern in my college days. I prefer 5 points, but get a little whiskey in some of those Clemson girls and not a hard place to get laid. I preferred the girls a little bit more wild like in Columbia but to each their own.

Advertisement
Right, but you have to know when you hire a 63 year old, he probably won't be there for 20 years.
Absolutely but Rad hasn’t mentioned anything about retiring. So why is there a need to have an “in waiting”. That’s the whole point. This isn’t coporate America and like I said to 404, in coporate American you have another store manager train a new manager or whatever ever title you specific field has but that’s not happening in Athletics unless something is changes that like a pending retirement.

Outside of clemson fans Greenville is a pretty cool place to live(Spartanburg sucks). I lived there for 3-4 years after graduating from USC. I’m now down in west palm. Clemson fans have been unbearable even since the tommy Bowden days and it only got worse since they became good.

@TheToadSage I’ve had a couple trips to downtown clemson and tiger tavern in my college days. I prefer 5 points, but get a little whiskey in some of those Clemson girls and not a hard place to get laid. I preferred the girls a little bit more wild like in Columbia but to each their own.
No sir, you are correct. 5 points and the girls in Columbia are much better. I just don’t drive a hour n a half to go down there often lol.

Outside of clemson fans Greenville is a pretty cool place to live(Spartanburg sucks). I lived their for 3-4 years after graduating from USC. Clemson fans have been unbearable even since the tommy Bowden days and it only got worse since they became good.
That's pretty much what I was told. Greenville has the restaurants and night life, Spartanburg is more quiet.

It doesn't matter, the dysfunction of the organization made me stay here in FL and I'm better for it.

Advertisement
answer-me-phone.gif

Absolutely but Rad hasn’t mentioned anything about retiring. So why is there a need to have an “in waiting”. That’s the whole point. This isn’t coporate America and like I said to 404, in coporate American you have another store manager train a new manager or whatever ever title you specific field has but that’s not happening in Athletics unless something is changes that like a pending retirement.
Considering he's not even hired yet, retirement is a bit premature. All I'm saying is that him having a protege is not unprecedented and can't be dismissed as impossible.

Advertisement
Back