Rad on Increasing Attendance

Advertisement
Miami needs to do a better job of marketing the program. I was going to the GT game and wanted to buy a shirt. I figured ill get one at a store close to the stadium. 2 miles out and not one store had any Miami gear in there. They need a visionary to change these things. They have relied on, we the U for decades and seen us fall behind. Every gas station in south Florida **** near should have even a Miami hat. And since they are using business people i expect them to address these things.

Advertisement
It’s part of it but not the whole picture. Even in the early 00s, we averaged 40-50k for clunker games. I suppose he can make the overall game day experience better but there’s a limit to what he can do bc of location

In 2017 we had close to sell outs for non-marquee games, Virginia comes to mind.

Win and we will have nice crowds, even for not so attractive games, especially at an easy to get to stadium that’s comfortable like HRH

Advertisement
Winning INITIALLY may sell out the stadium but once the standards have been raised via the wins pilling up, it is doubtful that the fans consistently come to fill up for non-marquee games. My recollection is that is the way it has generally been. Now, if UM had a stadium of smaller size that may improve the issue long term.

Advertisement
Some of you don't want to hear what it will take.

Explain.

I have some ideas, but they are pretty radical and many would argue that the devalue tickets.

The thing is, all major sports teams with lagging attendance kind of live in fantasy land, especially the newer franchises. They compare themselves to the attendance of older, historic teams or teams in markets with no competition and hold out with high ticket/concession/merchandise prices. They think winning will fill the stadium but there are many examples where that isn’t true.

You look at some franchises that sell well and others in similar markets that don’t and it really makes me wonder if complacent sales and marketing departments of these teams is the bigger culprit even over high prices. Empty stands are a bad look and doesn’t seem many teams are really all in on fixing it, including us.

In 2017 we had close to sell outs for non-marquee games, Virginia comes to mind.

Win and we will have nice crowds, even for not so attractive games, especially at an easy to get to stadium that’s comfortable like HRH

We averaged 33-63k for those non marquee games. Take away the outliers and you’re in the 50-55k range for middling conference games. It has always been like that.

Advertisement
We averaged 33-63k for those non marquee games. Take away the outliers and you’re in the 50-55k range for middling conference games. It has always been like that.

We averaged 58,000 for the year (2017), with literally only two marquee games where it got up to 65. You do the math.

Advertisement
Back