R.I.P. JoJo Nicolas

View as article

Drick7

Recruit
http://www.local10.com/news/westbound-lanes-of-macarthur-causeway-shut-down/24657504
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -
The westbound lanes of the MacArthur Causeway were shut down Tuesday after a crash that ended with a car underneath a semi truck.

Miami Beach Police say the driver of a gray Lexus crashed his car into the back of the truck while it was stopped at a light.

"At this point, we have not determined who is at fault or if alcohol was present because of the nature of [the victim's] injuries," said Detective Vivian Hernandez, a representative for Miami Beach Police.

The Lexus' driver was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital

It does not look very promising. He is going through testing," Hernandez said.

Miami Beach Police have not yet positively identified the victim, but across social media, friends are identifying him as former University of Miami player JoJo Nicolas.

Advertisement
last tweet he sent out was that he was going to mansion to start his birthday week.... praying for jojo..

Advertisement
Advertisement
66.png

WOW!

Prayers are with him and his family!

Advertisement
****. I saw that new report this morning and didn't think another thing about it.

Advertisement
66.png

WOW!

Prayers are with him and his family!

****, didn't that semi have the bar which is supposed to prevent this type of accident

That bar is called an ICC bumper, and no. It isn't meant to stop cars from running up underneath it. When they are traveling at a high rate of speed.

The purpose of an ICC bumper is to stop the trailer from moving from a loading dock. Some places have a claw that is engaged from the inside of the dock. When the loading ramp is lowered. That grasp onto the bumper. This is to stop movement of the trailer when a forklift goes onto it.

Last edited:
Players started to tweet RIP so I don't think he made it. Truly a sad sad day.

Tyriq The Freak ‏@1SevenRiq 7m **** man R.I.P Jojo bruh smh

Advertisement
Back