Quse 98

CMD will not get it done, neither will Blake James.
need an new approach from Top down.
right now fire D staff, hire a new DC with 4-3 scheme, CMD's D has been figured out
would say fire CMD but 2 years on awful contract from B.James + 4M buyout to Temple eliminates that option
the sample size is there and will not change.... 2 year we do not look progressively better in anyway as season progresses.
Butch would have had a excellent staff, not this patchwork of never was's and never will be's
the palyers respected and somewhat feared Butch..... little respect and no fear for CMD......

Advertisement
I think this is definitely like the Cuse game for Manny.

Butch turned around and defeated top 3 ranked UCLA led by Edge.

Manny will have his opportunity on 9/4/21 against top 3 Bama.

😂 😂 😂

Manny can start by winning the bowel game and then firing Baker and Rumph.
“Bowel game”?

Time for Colon Blow.

EDDF913E-A878-40B1-8EED-D770CC34ECC0.jpeg

Advertisement
One of the parallels that might end up happening: Butch won against UCLA and fired his DC afterwards.

Lets see if the same happens again.
Thank God we aren't playing a top 3 team week. Guess we'll have to wait until September 4, 2021. God help us all.

Just had a bad thought. Remember as a child when you got in trouble and you just knew you were going to get it when your father got home? That's about how I feel about playing Alabama now. I'm not sure who to call about child abuse, but we might want to get them on line one. If you think the beating UNC gave us was bad, just wait until Saban takes his belt off and goes to town on our butts.

That being said, if it gets Manny fired, so be it.

Last edited:
None, there is no parallel.
98 was a young team, just fresh of a probation that decimated the roster. The next week they beat the #2 in the country and was in contention for the NC the following year.
In contrast, if we played the number 2 team in the nation next week, we would lose by 60pts.
How has Manny been here for 6 years, with no scholarship restrictions and has yet to recruit a single linebacker that can play at a P5 level. It’s unbelievable.
They weren't fresh off probation for another yr....

Advertisement
None, there is no parallel.
98 was a young team, just fresh of a probation that decimated the roster. The next week they beat the #2 in the country and was in contention for the NC the following year.
In contrast, if we played the number 2 team in the nation next week, we would lose by 60pts.
How has Manny been here for 6 years, with no scholarship restrictions and has yet to recruit a single linebacker that can play at a P5 level. It’s unbelievable.
You are correct that there is no parallel.

However we were not in contenion for a title in 1999.

So just wondering... what are the parallels between Saturday and that Mcnabb game? I remember feeling like pure crap after that debacle in the carrier dome, but this one takes the cake... We weren’t playing for much then, this time we’re playing for chance at an orange bowl game.

Either way I will say the whole world wanted Butch GONE after that one. His staff definitely was good enough to use that game as a turning point. Stories of the receivers having to stay on the field and watch Syracuse celebrate after the game and those guys saying they never wanted to feel that way again were legendary. I don’t see this staff even having a clue on how to flip this one.
Butch fired his D coordinator after that good. Second butch was an Alpha.

I don't know about parallels, but it's a lesson that college football is an emotional game where results can swing wildly.

That Miami team started 6 1st Rd players - Edge, Reed, Moss, Morgan, Franks & Lewis - and lost by 53. But beat #3 UCLA the next week.

I think we REALLY started feeling ourselves after blowing out Duke last week - and got our asses handed to us a a result.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back