Quse 98

Gibyaj

Redshirt Freshman
So just wondering... what are the parallels between Saturday and that Mcnabb game? I remember feeling like pure crap after that debacle in the carrier dome, but this one takes the cake... We weren’t playing for much then, this time we’re playing for chance at an orange bowl game.

Either way I will say the whole world wanted Butch GONE after that one. His staff definitely was good enough to use that game as a turning point. Stories of the receivers having to stay on the field and watch Syracuse celebrate after the game and those guys saying they never wanted to feel that way again were legendary. I don’t see this staff even having a clue on how to flip this one.

Advertisement
TrumpyCane wants to know why we always have to compare current situations to ones that happened before like they each don’t have their own issues and problems

Giving up a school record amount of yards should be comparable to nothing because it’s the first time it happened

Stop comparing games from 20 years, stop comparing coaches to other schools coaches, etc

So just wondering... what are the parallels between Saturday and that Mcnabb game? I remember feeling like pure crap after that debacle in the carrier dome, but this one takes the cake... We weren’t playing for much then, this time we’re playing for chance at an orange bowl game.

Either way I will say the whole world wanted Butch GONE after that one. His staff definitely was good enough to use that game as a turning point. Stories of the receivers having to stay on the field and watch Syracuse celebrate after the game and those guys saying they never wanted to feel that way again were legendary. I don’t see this staff even having a clue on how to flip this one.
Nobody remembers since it was erased the next week in a win in the OB over then #2 UCLA with an epic performance by EJ. You think this years team would beat the #2 team after this disaster?

Nobody remembers since it was erased the next week in a win in the OB over then #2 UCLA with an epic performance by EJ. You think this years team would beat the #2 team after this disaster?
Great point! Which goes into that coaching staffs ability to use negatives to motivate. Hungry cats on that roster too

Advertisement
TrumpyCane wants to know why we always have to compare current situations to ones that happened before like they each don’t have their own issues and problems

Giving up a school record amount of yards should be comparable to nothing because it’s the first time it happened

Stop comparing games from 20 years, stop comparing coaches to other schools coaches, etc
Haha yes sir

Pretty sure no one believed that Miami could win a game against the best team UCLA has had in a long time. That loss ruined the program and it hasnt recovered since.

Maybe a player jumps in a mud puddle and loosens every one up?? Maybe Manny pulls out the Slip N Slide??

The cuse game had a lot of turnovers and special teams plays which led to short fields and points

it was nothing like this where a team just ran it down our throats

so let’s stop with the comparisons

Advertisement

While you can't effectively live in days gone by, when you stop comparing and learning from past mistakes, you guarantee making those same errors again and again.

And again, and Radio, and Slappy, and Fden, and Corch MR, and now Manuela.

To be honest, the serious wound to Miami football ws losing Paul Dee.

Manny can start by winning the bowel game and then firing Baker and Rumph.

Long term recruiting issues at cb and lb are a big chunk of the problem. And at least for now at cb for we are in our worst position ever.

Advertisement
E7A719D2-C866-4D34-8829-7177FC04FBE5.gif
it’s like the cause game man...

While you can't effectively live in days gone by, when you stop comparing and learning from past mistakes, you guarantee making those same errors again and again.

And again, and Radio, and Slappy, and Fden, and Corch MR, and now Manuela.

To be honest, the serious wound to Miami football ws losing Paul Dee.
I've been told by some of the brightest minds on CIS that the problem is either: an entire position group, cancer, a coach, recruiting, the entire staff on one side of the ball, the head coach, or the lady scheduling Blake James' appointments.

Seriously, you are 100% correct.

Manny is not Butch Davis.
Thats factually accurate.

Manny is indeed not Butch Davis. Manny is about 20 years younger and does not look like Butch Davis at all. So we can rule out that he is an imposter.

Advertisement
Many of you forget that Butch had to deal with a boatload of scholarship losses. It was a totally different situation.

Our teams under Butch would play hard and were mostly competitive until they would eventually run out of steam from lack of depth.

This current team has some depth issues, but the main and extremely disturbing problem, is that they never show up in big games. From the jump our boys get destroyed. That speaks to the HC and his personality and ability to properly motivate and prepare his players.

It is often said that a team takes on the personality of its head coach. This is exactly what is happening once again with our team. When you have a beta as your so called “leader”, then these kind of results are to be expected.

None, there is no parallel.
98 was a young team, just fresh of a probation that decimated the roster. The next week they beat the #2 in the country and was in contention for the NC the following year.
In contrast, if we played the number 2 team in the nation next week, we would lose by 60pts.
How has Manny been here for 6 years, with no scholarship restrictions and has yet to recruit a single linebacker that can play at a P5 level. It’s unbelievable.

The cuse game had a lot of turnovers and special teams plays which led to short fields and points

it was nothing like this where a team just ran it down our throats

so let’s stop with the comparisons
Lets not go there. We got our a$$ kicked by Dononvan McNabb with the Big East title on the line. It wasnt some "game of lucky breaks for Cuse"..Some of our players even wore army fatigues in pregame. We were thoroughly embarassed and outclassed.

Now with that said, to the poster who said we came back and beat #2 UCLA the next weekend so people erase the Syracuse game from memory. That is a fair rebuttal IMO.

Advertisement
Back