Quote from MR in the herald

Advertisement
He needs to acknowledge in his assessment the Canes are 2-6 in their last 8 games against power 5 schools and it obvious to the most casual observer the offense and special teams are not working .

Last edited:
“But maybe that’s exactly what we need, to assess everything top to bottom. If there is a time in the season to make certain changes you can do them, whether it’s just scheme or maybe personnel or whatever it may be."

I suggest that in the next two weeks he start by replacing Searells and his son and hire an OC with some imagination.
that might meant burning Jarren's Redshirt

He needs to do some serious self reflection and then FIRE himself as an OC and his QB coach. Self reflection is not an easy thing to do and he seems too stubborn to admit he is not getting done on Offense.

Advertisement
I’m sure getting a deja vu feeling, this coach speak sounds familiar
5A847C80-59B3-4737-8DA3-E3CCD65092FA.jpeg

So he says he will do a full assessment on personnel and scheme and people are still mad.
I get it, I’m ****ed about it as well.
Let’s see what he comes up with before we start calling for heads.

Advertisement
Can’t get a new OC mid-season either....lol
Aren't Brown AND Dugans supposedly offensive coordinators? They can't be worse at calling plays than Richt.....plus they're already being paid to do it so give them a shot. Richt isn't intellectually capable to call plays, he's demonstrated that already.

Advertisement
I like Searles. Hes fiery and seems like a decent coach. Our o line is the result of golden recruiting dough boys like mahoney. You guys do realize that we have no depth on the o line. The reason other schools produce with 3 star o linemen is because those schools scout recruits. We just got the fattest and biggest dudes we could find. If he fails with guys like neal and tarquin then he should be fired

Neal?? U think Neal is coming here to waste his talent??

I can understand Searels. Regarding Richt Jr, it's an embarrassment that is obvious to all at this point. 3 years, four QBs on roster three of which are this regimes and we are starting a RS-Senior from the past regime who can't make it past his first read nor hit the broad side of a barn. Sorry, that's terrible QB development.

I don't care what Richt wants at this point, Blake James has to put his foot down for the sake of the program and tell Richt to man up.
Totally agree with that last point. Georgia made his *** get an offensive coordinator, before eventually firing him.

Advertisement
MR may be correct if "worked for 30 years" means: with reasonably able personnel (OL,QB), against non-power-5 or other mediocre schools (even if they "know what's coming".) Yes, should get you 9-10 wins and a top 10 ranking (and some good fan attendance and excitement) until you play the top 5 at the end - and end with 1-3 additional losses if you count the Bowl loss. Not the CIS fanbase - but others -including "U" admin - probably are OK with that. That may be a problem ofc, but even worse (as now), if the personnel and predictability and preparation is so poor you end with 7-8 wins, gonna be a sad sad day in Blackrock (and recruits passing us up like Malik throwing to an open receiver).

Last edited:
I can understand Searels. Regarding Richt Jr, it's an embarrassment that is obvious to all at this point. 3 years, four QBs on roster three of which are this regimes and we are starting a RS-Senior from the past regime who can't make it past his first read nor hit the broad side of a barn. Sorry, that's terrible QB development.

I don't care what Richt wants at this point, Blake James has to put his foot down for the sake of the program and tell Richt to man up.

It was obvious when he was allowed to hire him. He should’ve hired an OC/QB coach with experience.

This might be unpopular but we’d have been better off keeping Coley as OC/QB coach

The reason the defense works is because it's exactly the kind of defense suited for South Florida talent. As long as we're able to recruit DT's, it's sustainable.... just plug in the next great South Florida athlete and the train keeps rolling.

The offense needs to be overhauled with the same philosophy. South Florida athletes are what they are - quick, aggressive, have that "dog" in them. They're not good in complex schemes that require a lot of thinking, and we're not ever going to produce enough elite OL here.

We need a South-Florida-friendly offense.... and to me, that means we should go to some kind of spread offense with simple reads. Look at what most of the successful high schools in South Florida are doing, and build an offense around that.

Can't have an offense that requires a great QB or a great OL just to function. Can't have long-developing plays or too many power concepts. You need something that emphasizes what we're good at - which is skill positions.

Just build an offense around what you have in the local area. Just like we've done on defense. That's a more sustainable philosophy IMO.

you're not wrong, BUT ….

you need to have a strong inside running game to be a championship caliber team. if you can't run for 3 yards when you need to running inside zone, then you won't have a good offense, particularly in the red zone.

Advertisement
Back