Quote from MR in the herald

pancane

Recruit
“But maybe that’s exactly what we need, to assess everything top to bottom. If there is a time in the season to make certain changes you can do them, whether it’s just scheme or maybe personnel or whatever it may be."

I suggest that in the next two weeks he start by replacing Searells and his son and hire an OC with some imagination.

Advertisement
“But maybe that’s exactly what we need, to assess everything top to bottom. If there is a time in the season to make certain changes you can do them, whether it’s just scheme or maybe personnel or whatever it may be."

I suggest that in the next two weeks he start by replacing Searells and his son and hire an OC with some imagination.

He isn’t going to fire any coaches mid-season. He asked the admin to outbid other teams for Searles, so he’s not firing him. He’s not firing his son. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that. Fine to not like it, but stupid to not accept it.

I can understand Searels. Regarding Richt Jr, it's an embarrassment that is obvious to all at this point. 3 years, four QBs on roster three of which are this regimes and we are starting a RS-Senior from the past regime who can't make it past his first read nor hit the broad side of a barn. Sorry, that's terrible QB development.

I don't care what Richt wants at this point, Blake James has to put his foot down for the sake of the program and tell Richt to man up.

I bet Richt won't change s*** these next two weeks. If he does, I will be shocked

Advertisement
That is corch talk for, maybe I wont do **** but lemme throw these guys a bone to get the **** off my back. These plays have worked for 30 years and they will work again dammit! If I dont get a 1st down with fullback dive on 3rd down, run it again!

I can understand Searels. Regarding Richt Jr, it's an embarrassment that is obvious to all at this point. 3 years, four QBs on roster three of which are this regimes and we are starting a RS-Senior from the past regime who can't make it past his first read nor hit the broad side of a barn. Sorry, that's terrible QB development.

I don't care what Richt wants at this point, Blake James has to put his foot down for the sake of the program and tell Richt to man up.
"MAN UP" ? how about telling Richt to PACK UP ???

He's not completely wrong. Plenty of wide open receivers. Plenty of plays left on the table because the likes of Hayden Mahoney and Jahair Jones are still playing critical minutes on the OL.

What he failed to mention is that its his fault.

Advertisement
If he doesn't change anything. The next year the stadium is going half empty like in the golden years. Even thought I will be there I will be surprised if the stadium is close to full the next home game.

Richt needs to do some soul searching over the next two weeks. The stands are going to start looking like Pontiac Stadium real soon.

The reason the defense works is because it's exactly the kind of defense suited for South Florida talent. As long as we're able to recruit DT's, it's sustainable.... just plug in the next great South Florida athlete and the train keeps rolling.

The offense needs to be overhauled with the same philosophy. South Florida athletes are what they are - quick, aggressive, have that "dog" in them. They're not good in complex schemes that require a lot of thinking, and we're not ever going to produce enough elite OL here.

We need a South-Florida-friendly offense.... and to me, that means we should go to some kind of spread offense with simple reads. Look at what most of the successful high schools in South Florida are doing, and build an offense around that.

Can't have an offense that requires a great QB or a great OL just to function. Can't have long-developing plays or too many power concepts. You need something that emphasizes what we're good at - which is skill positions.

Just build an offense around what you have in the local area. Just like we've done on defense. That's a more sustainable philosophy IMO.

He isn’t going to fire any coaches mid-season. He asked the admin to outbid other teams for Searles, so he’s not firing him. He’s not firing his son. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that. Fine to not like it, but stupid to not accept it.
Sounds very familiar when Bobby Bowden and his son was calling plays .... MR learned from Bobby

Advertisement
I like Searles. Hes fiery and seems like a decent coach. Our o line is the result of golden recruiting dough boys like mahoney. You guys do realize that we have no depth on the o line. The reason other schools produce with 3 star o linemen is because those schools scout recruits. We just got the fattest and biggest dudes we could find. If he fails with guys like neal and tarquin then he should be fired

The reason the defense works is because it's exactly the kind of defense suited for South Florida talent. As long as we're able to recruit DT's, it's sustainable.... just plug in the next great South Florida athlete and the train keeps rolling.

The offense needs to be overhauled with the same philosophy. South Florida athletes are what they are - quick, aggressive, have that "dog" in them. They're not good in complex schemes that require a lot of thinking, and we're not ever going to produce enough elite OL here.

We need a South-Florida-friendly offense.... and to me, that means we should go to some kind of spread offense with simple reads. Look at what most of the successful high schools in South Florida are doing, and build an offense around that.

Can't have an offense that requires a great QB or a great OL just to function. Can't have long-developing plays or too many power concepts. You need something that emphasizes what we're good at - which is skill positions.

Just build an offense around what you have in the local area. Just like we've done on defense. That's a more sustainable philosophy IMO.

Look north to Central Florida! They just keep winning and what not. Yeah, yeah, yeah. They don't play defense and what not So what. They winning ain't they!

Advertisement

He’s starting to sound like the golden one

I like Searles. Hes fiery and seems like a decent coach. Our o line is the result of golden recruiting dough boys like mahoney. You guys do realize that we have no depth on the o line. The reason other schools produce with 3 star o linemen is because those schools scout recruits. We just got the fattest and biggest dudes we could find. If he fails with guys like neal and tarquin then he should be fired

Then you must be a good ol' boy. Yeah he's probably a decent man, but he's an AVERAGE offensive line coach. Oh, and one more thing. CMR should have NEVER chit-canned the " greatest offensive line coach " in Miami football history!

Advertisement
Back