Quincy Wilson

How many times does it need to be said?

Quincy doesn't want to play Safety.

This coaching staff realizes he won't amount to much at CB (he could be a beast at Safety)

Why is all the blame on Golden here? It's a mutual separation between the staff and Quincy. The staff wants Quincy to re-think his position, and Quincy wants the staff to offer him as a CB.

Yet everybody on this board ******* at Golden like he thinks this kid is a scrub.

It's funny how the same people on here that want Quincy offered are the same people that say "no way is Treon a QB in college."

So tell him to come in and compete for a CB spot. **** has a way of working itself out once the player is on campus. Frankly, the kid could end up an OLB prospect at some point. Karlos Williams was thought of as a bust, and I suspect he'll give us problems next year as an OLB. Eventually, he'll probably be thankful to be cashing in NFL checks as an OLB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I dont know..Maybe you cats have inside sources or something but I'm not buying this whole "either you commit to us strictly as a safety prospect and nothing else or we won't offer you" rap. That makes no sense. Safetys nowadays need to be able to cover the 4th and 5th receiver anyways because of these spread offenses. There is really no such thing as a safety who doesnt have some CB skills and vice versa anymore IMO. Those Laron Landry/Roy Williams type safeties will soon be instinct. So you are saying Golden doesn't think this guy can cover AT ALL on the college level? Its funny he has about 30 or so offers from other schools who say different. This is one that I will have to just trust Al on and hope this kid doesn't "Robert Sands" us. I feel the same about Michael Johnson.
Didn't Golden pretty much stand his ground with Ricardo Louis and strictly recruit him as a Safety and not WR?

.[/QUOTE]Didn't Golden pretty much stand his ground with Ricardo Louis and strictly recruit him as a Safety and not WR?[/QUOTE]

thats two diff sides of the ball....it aint much difference between a cb and a safety their both defensive backs...in fact its a plus that u have a safety prospect who has 2 years playing outside on an island.

I dont know if I buy the reason being given for Golden not offering. It is possible he just doesnt like him as player

But if its CB/S thing why not just offer him and figure it out when he gets here

Once Quincy Wilson rethinks his stance on only wanting to play CB in college, and reassures Golden he is a team player , he will be receiving a offer from the University of Miami. After receiving said offer, Quincy Wilson ill be playing the recruiting game until he decides to commit to Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes.

You heard it here first folks. Remember when we didn't offer Stacey Coley? A top 5 WR in the United States of America? It was because we wanted him to fix his attitude. Then we offered him and he committed to us after playing the recruiting game. He realized how special the U was and unleashed his "swagger" hat on national television on Feb. 6 to let the world know that he will be swagging out at the U and winning several championships in his tenure here.

I see this situation playing out very similarly to Stacey's. Once Quincy changes his attitude and realize how childish his sense of superiority is in terms of being unwilling to play Safety for a Division 1 program, Al Golden will forgive him for his antics, and offer him a scholarship to play at the University of Miami. Like Stacey, Quincy will realize the opportunity, and how special the University of Miami is , and will eventually come to his senses and commit t THE U.

This recruiting class is going o be special boys. I cannot wait to see this play out.

It sucks monkey balls how far away Feb. 6 is, but luckily we have an entire season to watch the Cane's win at least 9 games between now and then.

Advertisement
I can break it down like this for everybody, look at our offer list at the safety position and show me one player in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach with an offer. More then likely you wont because i havent seen it so to me they are holding out on that for all of the safeties to step up in the summer and show whos the best and Quincy whether he likes it our not is a safety tto the staff so if he wants to be here play safety if not then sucks for you

Advertisement
Back