Quickest Review in CiS History

CaneTheGaytors

Biletnikoff Award Winner
I’m not gonna bore everyone with a long review, since the great @Memnon already posted a 🔥🔥🔥 one.

In short, I said all last season, and then during the off-season, that all Mario had to do was hire two good/great coordinators, and get the **** out the way. It appears that he has done this, and now the sky is the limit for what he’ll be able to accomplish here.

Lastly, for all of those burying TVD last season (and before the season started), and saying that he should transfer and was a bust, how’s his *** taste. I told all you jabronies last season early on that it wasn’t his fault, but that Gatt@$$ and Mario were handcuffing him. Now you’re once again seeing the real TVD. There’s a reason why Little Nicky wanted to steal him.

Advertisement
I had questions & concerns about TVD. His 1st year was uneven at times despite the the good stats. Last year was whatever. 1st game this year I saw some uncertainty in his play & more than a few floaters that left me thinking he couldn't get away with that against better comp.

Well I didn't see any of that tonight. He played with more confidence than I've seen in a while with alot of passes thrown on a rope. Obviously play calling this game had everything to do with it as well.

If he plays this way going forward he'll get drafted high & we should win 10.

I had questions & concerns about TVD. His 1st year was uneven at times despite the the good stats. Last year was whatever. 1st game this year I saw some uncertainty in his play & more than a few floaters that left me thinking he couldn't get away with that against better comp.

Well I didn't see any of that tonight. He played with more confidence than I've seen in a while with alot of passes thrown on a rope. Obviously play calling this game had everything to do with it as well.

If he plays this way going forward he'll get drafted high & we should win 10.
His first 2 games as a starter his FR season were average to below average. After sitting down with Lashlee and telling him the plays that he preferred and throws that he was most comfortable making, he played lights out. He set an ACC record that season for most consecutive 300+, 3 TD+ in his next 6 games.

Kid looked horrible last season due to the putrid scheme and play calling that he was subjected to.

His first 2 games as a starter his FR season were average to below average. After sitting down with Lashlee and telling him the plays that he preferred and throws that he was most comfortable making, he played lights out. He set an ACC record that season for most consecutive 300+, 3 TD+ in his next 6 games.

Kid looked horrible last season due to the putrid scheme and play calling that he was subjected to.
Maybe he goes on another streak…..

Maybe he goes on another streak…..
If he does, then look out. It could be a very special season in Coral Gables.

Thankfully we get the weak part of our schedule these next 3 weeks, which will give Mesidor, Deen, Kelly, Fletcher, and hopefully if all checks out with Kam, time to rest and heal up.

I’m not gonna lie, when Mesidor and Deen went out, I was worried. But our other dudes manned up and played tough.

Advertisement
I’m not gonna bore everyone with a long review, since the great @Memnon already posted a 🔥🔥🔥 one.

In short, I said all last season, and then during the off-season, that all Mario had to do was hire two good/great coordinators, and get the **** out the way. It appears that he has done this, and now the sky is the limit for what he’ll be able to accomplish here.

Lastly, for all of those burying TVD last season (and before the season started), and saying that he should transfer and was a bust, how’s his *** taste. I told all you jabronies last season early on that it wasn’t his fault, but that Gatt@$$ and Mario were handcuffing him. Now you’re once again seeing the real TVD. There’s a reason why Little Nicky wanted to steal him.
Good post! You're 100% correct! I remember having those chats with you and a few others during the off-season and you were consistent with the point about Mario needing to let his coordinators do their thing. One of the things that we said we didn't want to see was Mario micromanaging the OC and DC. That was crucial. Mario had to defeat that narrative along with the narrative that he won't let his OC open up the offense and that he is kryptonite to QBs.

Well, I've got to say that this win will go a long way towards dispelling all of that and if we are consistently moving the football and scoring points during the season then all that negative recruiting goes up in smoke.

I never doubted TVD and it's just such a great feeling to see him back to being himself after being subjected to the garbage offense and bad coaching of last year.

Good post! You're 100% correct! I remember having those chats with you and a few others during the off-season and you were consistent with the point about Mario needing to let his coordinators do their thing. One of the things that we said we didn't want to see was Mario micromanaging the OC and DC. That was crucial. Mario had to defeat that narrative along with the narrative that he won't let his OC open up the offense and that he is kryptonite to QBs.

Well, I've got to say that this win will go a long way towards dispelling all of that and if we are consistently moving the football and scoring points during the season then all that negative recruiting goes up in smoke.

I never doubted TVD and it's just such a great feeling to see him back to being himself after being subjected to the garbage offense and bad coaching of last year.
Great post, brother! All of this! ^^^

I remember those chats, too. I know that you’ve been in agreement with me in all points since last season.

It’s great to see Mario let his coordinators do their thing. Mario is a great leader of men, and a great recruiter. People gravitate towards him. His giftings are special, and he will do great things here as long as he always remembers this. We all have strengths and weaknesses. The key to success is recognizing both of these, and then working to maximize the strengths, while minimizing the weaknesses.

So I’ve rewatched the game a few times and here’s what I can see from an optimists perspective:

Mario wants size, speed, domination. He is the CEO and while X and O might not be his specialty; he knows what he wants. He will implement it.

Guidry and Dawson are epitomizing what Mario wants while covering what he doesn’t understand. I am willing to give Mario some leeway after last year since he’s a methodical guy trying to overhaul an entire administration

Anyone that thinks Mario is making Dawson do what he wants needs only to watch 3rd and 8 with George sealing the game. Mario knows his role and Dawson does what he wants and that’s good.

On defense, Guidry is a godsend. Much like recruiting, Mario will execute his plan. To be frank, Miami owned this game. We dominated ourselves, and then we dominated A&M

Many of my concerns about Mario are in the rear view

Let’s get ****ed up

The coordinators need to do their thing. Mario will never be an X's and O's coach, and that's fine.

Mario's thing should/is building up the roster and creating the right culture.

So far, recruiting and culture have been a success, and today's game was a perfect example of a championship culture.

Here are some things I saw that showed me culture is changing -

- X drops an easy first-down pass and doesn't drop another one. He gets tackled in the ten on ST and makes up for it with a perfect block for Smith on his return TD - 6 receptions for 126 yards.

- Colbie Young dropped an easy first down at the beginning of the game. He balls out the rest of the game and NEVER goes down on first contact.

- Borregales misses his first FG and doesn't miss another one all game.

- Jacoby dropped a beautiful throw for TD by TVD and fumbled a punt. He makes up for it with 3 TDs, including the dagger at the end.

There are more examples, but the players aren't letting mistakes get to them. In the past, we've seen players zone out and be defeated when things go their way. It felt like in the past, players didn't want their number called after a drop pass, missed FG, fumble, etc. Now it feels like they want next, especially after messing up, and that's a winning mentality we have been missing for a long time.

Advertisement
The coordinators need to do their thing. Mario will never be an X's and O's coach, and that's fine.

So far, recruiting and culture have been a success, and today's game was a perfect example of a championship culture.

- X drops an easy first-down pass and doesn't drop another one. He gets tackled in the ten on ST and makes up for it with a perfect block for Smith on his return TD - 6 receptions for 126 yards.

- Colbie Young dropped an easy first down at the beginning of the game. He balls out the rest of the game and NEVER goes down on first contact.

- Jacoby dropped a beautiful throw for TD by TVD and fumbled a punt. He makes up for it with 3 TDs, including the dagger at the end.

There are more examples, but the players aren't letting mistakes get to them. In the past, we've seen players zone out and be defeated when things go their way. It felt like in the past, players didn't want their number called after a drop pass, missed FG, fumble, etc. Now it feels like they want next, especially after messing up, and that's a winning mentality we have been missing for a long time.
Great post! I agree on all points!

To piggy back on the culture change, I dont know if its just me but I feel like I see our guys talking to each other SO much more during the course of the game. Players holding each other accountable and figuring out how to move forward... A beautiful sight

Let’s be honest, some here were harshly attacking Mario on different levels especially after the 5-7 season. Others stood by him and believed he was the guy that could ultimately turn the program around. Is there going to be a large buffet of crow for the doubters, lol. Let us just count our blessings and hope that Mario continues to make the correct choices.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back