Quick takes from Spring Game

Advertisement
Regarding Cam, was anyone worried about the shovel passes? For someone who needs to work on fumbling I was concerned with how “careless” he was with them.

PS - I’m not a football guru
We struggle for years with finding a true playmaking qb so I can understand the confusion of letting an elite talent cook.. You dont tell Mahomes types dont be a playmaker.. We have this guy for ONE YEAR..

And shovel passes are incompletions if they hit the floor.

Spot on. Reason I mentioned it a while back was watching Cohen in some highlights. His athleticism opened up some huge plays for us and it’s tough to find a guard that big and can move like that. Heck Mauigoa could be even better. He’s some kind of freak of nature physically. He struggled at times with the speed rush which is understandable

If Mauigoa ends up an NFL Hall of Fame LT I wouldn’t be shocked, but maybe in a pinch he could be best used on the interior for us

But same time it’s Mirabal I’m not gonna second guess
Being able to plug an experienced mature jumbo sized athlete who can move was such a luxury it goes under appreciated how plug and play that is where you dont have to worry about a guy who hadnt given up a sack in x number of sec snaps..

Moving Mauigoa there makes soo much sense, especially we have Rivers coming back and Maribal stated they wont move him..

What wr1 is going to be in the portal? Got to just spread the wealth around. There is enough to get the job done
Yeah guess that will be the big question over the next few weeks

This won’t be the typical spring portal where you’re just looking at guys buried on the depth chart imo, but same time I don’t know what to expect

If you’ve got money and an attractive situation (like an elite QB) then I’m sure you can make it happen

I feel like we are still down the pecking order but it can obviously be done

I like our WR room a lot but only one year with Cam we gotta do whatever we can obviously

Advertisement
"...Reason I mentioned it a while back was watching Cohen in some highlights. His athleticism opened up some huge plays for us and it’s tough to find a guard that big and can move like that..."
ftdF4ZkueWGHBYc4b5.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back