Quick roster look and some thought, just my two cents.

Advertisement
Let’s see…how many different ways can I slice this melon, so it tastes the sweetest…
1666643463487.jpeg

Your on drugs if you think Parrish is……..“Serviceable“, Colbie and him are the 2 best players on offense

2 "best players on offense" isn't saying much

I like Parrish as a #3 back...70 carries, 20-25 receptions a year. Wouldn't even mind seeing him on punt return (probably not KR, no top end)

I think our best players on offense are:
TVD
Young
Restrepo
Chaney (at least frosh year Chaney, not sure if we'll ever see that again)
Nelson

I'm a fan of Parrish though, definitely belongs at UM...The middle category isn't a bad thing.

Last edited:
2 "best players on offense" isn't saying much

I like Parrish as a #3 back...70 carries, 20-25 receptions a year. Wouldn't even mind seeing him on punt return (probably not KR) no top end

I think our best players on offense are:
TVD
Young
Restrepo
Chaney (at least frosh year Chaney, not sure if we'll ever see that again)
Nelson

I'm a fan of Parrish though, definitely belong there...The middle category isn't a bad thing.
Based on reports from some of the board insiders, citizen > chaney

Advertisement
DB/Safety = TS2 will make the NFL, Kam is likely to make the NFL, JW0 isn't likely to play DB in the NFL and is delaying the move to LB/Jack.
LB: 31
DL: 6,56,90, maybe Kelly/Moss

QB = too early to say on the backups, TVD maybe
OL = too early to say on many. Nelson maybe, Rivers likely.
RB = too early to say on Chaney/Citizen otherwise 0.
TE = 2-3: Mallory, Arroyo, maybe Skinner
WR = not sure I'd have 2, X due to workethic + size/skillset.
Good post... A bit early on some of these I'd say. I wouldn't give up on the Brinson, Curtis, etc...The clock is ticking vastly on them.

DB- Stevenson (safety imo)...KK and JW definitely. At this time don't see any others. Hopefully the frosh corners are as advertised
LB- 31
DL- 6, 56,90...Too early on Moss...I think 12 and 81 have a shot to be late picks. Roberts imo has NFL ability and will get his chance to shine next year inside or out.
QB...TVD FOR SURE IMO...And I wouldn't rule out a huge year and high round pick next year. The dimes on there when he's on.
OL...Maybe Nelson. Outside shot for Rivers. They are raving about Cooper and McCoy for the future.
TE...All are maybe imo...with Skinner probably the safest bet if he stays healthy.
RB...Frosh Chaney definitely. Who knows now. I think Parrish or Knighton could have cups of coffee as 3rd down backs. Would be surprised if either drafted at this time but not shocked. I lean no
WR: Restrepo and Young...B.Smith, George, K.Smith all with a shot imo as small, fast WR are popping up everywhere in the NFL...Too early on the 1st too...The other one could run 4.4ish and sneak in late.
P- Headley for sure.

Lol tcu is unbeaten in year 1 of a new coach. Oregon is 6-1 w a new coach and a whole new o system. You don’t always have to suck in year 1. Duke already matched their win total from the last two years combined
Non-pertient. You're missing the point

Like I clearly said....I've seen staffs start fast and be gone in a couple years. And saw coaches start slow and end up with a nice tenure with that team. I agree with all of you, that this obviously is a disaapointing season and that those guys are off to a better start. ****, I was in the middle on the Cristobal hire...My hope did pick up with the NIL behind em.

Not jumping off wagon because of a bad start, intensified by a long injury list.

Advertisement
Young- I want to see him vs FSU/Clemson DBs as he isn't fast. Maybe he adds weight and is that Slot TE type in the NFL sorta like Cager.

We really can't judge many of the kids. Even Rivers is seeing his first meaningful snaps. Freshmen like Curtis, Harris, Moss et al are pure speculation...

Young- I want to see him vs FSU/Clemson DBs as he isn't fast. Maybe he adds weight and is that Slot TE type in the NFL sorta like Cager.

We really can't judge many of the kids. Even Rivers is seeing his first meaningful snaps. Freshmen like Curtis, Harris, Moss et al are pure speculation...
Ya I kinda thought he was 50/50 TE when we recruited him

And although he still doesn't look like a blazer, there's plays he's open and then after the catch he's running away from guys and he's what 19? Long strider I'll admit it will be interesting to see if he's getting open deep against better DB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good post... A bit early on some of these I'd say. I wouldn't give up on the Brinson, Curtis, etc...The clock is ticking vastly on them.

DB- Stevenson (safety imo)...KK and JW definitely. At this time don't see any others. Hopefully the frosh corners are as advertised
LB- 31
DL- 6, 56,90...Too early on Moss...I think 12 and 81 have a shot to be late picks. Roberts imo has NFL ability and will get his chance to shine next year inside or out.
QB...TVD FOR SURE IMO...And I wouldn't rule out a huge year and high round pick next year. The dimes on there when he's on.
OL...Maybe Nelson. Outside shot for Rivers. They are raving about Cooper and McCoy for the future.
TE...All are maybe imo...with Skinner probably the safest bet if he stays healthy.
RB...Frosh Chaney definitely. Who knows now. I think Parrish or Knighton could have cups of coffee as 3rd down backs. Would be surprised if either drafted at this time but not shocked. I lean no
WR: Restrepo and Young...B.Smith, George, K.Smith all with a shot imo as small, fast WR are popping up everywhere in the NFL...Too early on the 1st too...The other one could run 4.4ish and sneak in late.
P- Headley for sure.
Curtis needs to move to WR. I've given up on Brinson idc if he's a soph.....can't catch, can't block, too slow.

Advertisement
Lol tcu is unbeaten in year 1 of a new coach. Oregon is 6-1 w a new coach and a whole new o system. You don’t always have to suck in year 1. Duke already matched their win total from the last two years combined
Ridiculous comparisons .... look at the rosters both of those coaches inherited vs what Mario inherited. God these boards are getting awful with the inept analogies.

Ridiculous comparisons .... look at the rosters both of those coaches inherited vs what Mario inherited. God these boards are getting awful with the inept analogies.
Tcu roster was good? Come the **** on. They went 5-7 6-4 5-7 last three years. Get out of here. You literally provided no counter but some stupid retort

The only REAL PLAYERS right now on this team, and I’m sure most of you agree…I think most of these range from slightly above average to a couple of potential studs (not enough, but some of these DL kids are really good imo). We need about 8-10 more of these (and some can move up for middle group or frosh, there is definitely time) to be a (9+ win team) and about 15 more to be a consistent top 10 team.

-TVD (His play cost us vs. MTSU and TAMU For sure…But I think it’s more Ponce/Gattis, but all seem to be on same page now (why so long?) and I still think he ends up a top 5-10 CFB QB next year and gets drafted)
-Hedley (Sr.)
-Restrepo
-B. Smith (not a super stud, but I think he belongs…Some may say he’s more in the middle group, but he was really missed underneath vs. Duke)
-Young (what a find! Gives me hope with this staff moving forward in evaluation)
-Mesidor (Hopefully stays)
-D.Jackson (STUD)
-Taylor (very good, may end up a stud)
-Kelly (nice 1st impression)
-Bissainthe (nice 1st impression possible stud)

Serviceable (some with a chance for maybe more)… at their current level (Some are maxed out, some may develop more) you should only have a maybe 3-4 starting on both sides of the ball if you want to be a 9+ win team )

-Stevenson (Has played thru injuries and missed a lot of 2h in hs career…Is probably in the top category if he was at his natural position of safety/star…Special teams gaffes have hurt us, but at least 1 of the 2 long TDs he’s given up were on Kinchens, not TS)
-J.Williams (very good outside of missed tackles and penalty imo, he and Kinchens could end up real players if they take to coaching and take a step forward)
-Kinchens (been hot and cold, I think he will leave UM an above average safety)
-Agude (sr. kinda versatile, like Harvey, should be a decent #3 or #4 end)
-Mallory (SR, **** poor blocker though)
-Caleb Johnson (SR, some reason less snaps than Flagg and looks better to me)
-Ladson
-George (flashes, hoping he joins top category)
-Chaney (anything left after repeated injuries?, was very talented and looked great frosh year imo)
-Parrish (nice player, you need better than him as your starter)
-K.Smith (straight line speed only, but he is a decent #4 WR)
-Nelson (how long is this going to linger though? Is he coming back? M.I.A)
-Cooper (nice 1st impression)
-Couch
-Roberts/Arroyo/JHH (I think all can play honestly, Arroyo out for season)
-Rivers (ehhh, hanging by a thread…Some promise as an interior player)
-Miller (serviceable backup DT and has been used as such by both stats)
-Skinner (needs weight obv, big talent)
-J.Brown (no idea)
-Scaiffe (SR. decent career, too many penalties, though…cristobals’ OL will be better than this and would be more of a #6 or #7)
-Harvey (would be nice #3-#4 DE with an outside chance of being drafted, not a star, but serviceable and playing pretty well)
-Moultrie (SR…Been decent in limited snaps)
-Hutchinson (has shown promise in limited chances, to be a punter for us next year)

(There are another about 10-12 frosh/soph that just don’t know on or would see more (I think Khalil Brantley can contribute for instance, hopefully Citizen comes back strong, Graves, etc)…Brinson and Malik Curtis need to **** or get off the pot, and right now are between categories, threatening to fade to fade away. Balom is MIA…I thought he could contribute here. ). Hopefully some hidden stars amongst the frosh though.

*****But these players…are just not good. And MANY of them are on the field right now. Players like this shouldn’t be starting here. Or maybe you have to plug in 1 in a pinch for a game or two span. Bolded players have directly contributed to losses.

-Flagg
-Steed

-Dunson
-Blades and Frierson (SR…have looked bad when on field, both have had moments in career, but are going out bad and as of now, when they have been called upon…Have hurt us)
-Ivey (SR. having best year, still stinks when asked to cover a real WR)
-Porter (meh, sticks his head in, but looks small and slow to me. A backup. )
-A.Williams (small and plays wild…Doesn’t appear to be coachable)
-K.Washington, Harrell, etc…(BYE)
-C.Williams/Redding (ehhh, not terrible players…Should be productive backups and can contribute…Not good enough for major snaps)
-The rest of the OL (I thought Campbell was playing pretty well, got killed vs. Duke, why was Spool brought in if he stinks…as big a problem as any, luckily I think Cristo/Mirabal will fix this)
-Knighton (has big play ability…And overall middle group talent with some definite big play ability. When used differently he is in a higher group. No vision, can't run inside, fumbles, gets killed in pass pro…Bye)
-Garcia (OK maybe I won’t give up…But my goodness was that ugly…Arm talent noted so maybe proves me wrong. Probably transfers though)
-Franklin (can be a backup and I guess be used to wear on a team, I was a fan...but overall disappointing, looks too heavy)
-Huff (not hurting us lol… but will never see the field)
-Chase Smith (can’t stay healthy, and it’s prevented him from putting on weight, like Garcia…Hopefully proves me wrong. )
-Keontra Smith (Has moments of serviceable and plays HARD, but overall is just small and not a good player…Capable of more plays than steed, but misses tackles all over the place)
This was the thread I was waiting for.

Ivey actually had a pretty decent game against Duke. He had some great coverages (almost came down with one if he would have had one more second with his chin on the ball) and then that strip he landed on. The guy is a flash in the pan kind of guy. He's fooled me one too many times with some good games only to regress for the next two.

Advertisement
Back