Questions for Charlotte Natives

SpikeUM

Head Meshuggah
Premium
Suggestions for hotels for the game would be appreciated, as well as for dinner.

Advertisement
I wouldn't slow step on the hotel. Many of the hotels in uptown Charlotte are already booked for the weekend. Airbnb or vrbo might be your best bet.

I was in Charlotte a few months ago and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. It's inexpensive, clean, quiet, and right near the airport. I recommend it for the price.

Advertisement
What about weather?

Im assuming its going to be in the high 30's for a night game in December, yes?

What about weather?

Leave it to the ACC to play its championship game in ****** weather. Based on my research, Charlotte doesn’t seem too impressive either.

For what it's worth, in Columbia (about an hour away) it has been between 35-50 at night/early morning. Stadium shouldn't be too cold since there won't be much wind.

Advertisement
Average high for early December is mid 50's and low mid 30's. It was 45 at game time Monday night for the Dolphins-Panthers game.

What about weather?

Leave it to the ACC to play its championship game in ****ty weather. Based on my research, Charlotte doesn’t seem too impressive either.

Im guessing its the Tobacco Road mafia wanting to keep the business in state.

Meanwhile, SEC plays its game in the new state of the art stadium in Atlanta. God forbid the ACC played their championship game at a state of the art stadium in Miami.

Last edited:
What about weather?

I was at the MNF game against the dolphins and it was about 40, expect around the same or warmer (I've seen temps around 50's at night in december before you just never know)

Advertisement
i grew up in huntersville and lived there until i was 21. It's about 10-15 mins north of charlotte

probably worth it to look in that area for some hotels, will be much cheaper and not a long commute for gameday

What about weather?

Leave it to the ACC to play its championship game in ****** weather. Based on my research, Charlotte doesn’t seem too impressive either.

You can blame Miami for this. When we first joined ACC games were in Florida (Jax and Tampa) as it was thought both Miami and FSU would be regulars. Miami fell off the map and game moved to Charlotte. Keep winning and game will be moved back eventually

Advertisement
What about weather?

Leave it to the ACC to play its championship game in ****ty weather. Based on my research, Charlotte doesn’t seem too impressive either.

Im guessing its the Tobacco Road mafia wanting to keep the business in state.

Meanwhile, SEC plays its game in the new state of the art stadium in Atlanta. God forbid they play at a state of the art stadium in Miami.

I have to agree with you, can't beat SF in the winter.

It will be 40's-50's at game time. As long as it is dry, it will be good football weather.

It appears as though all of the walking distance hotels are booked for the night. There are plenty of 3 star hotels by the airport (Residents Inn, Clarion, Comfort Suites) that are all close to the same. Virtually anything inside the 485 belt way is going to be <$20 UBER to the airport. As mentioned before, you could even get a hotel near Carowyns or in Huntersville and the Uber will be 15-20 min tops. It much shorter then the ride I had from Miami Beach to Hard Rock last week.

The entirety of downtown Charlotte is walking distance or very short drive from the stadium. There is a Mellow Mushroom Pizza 2 blocks away on MLK (across from a park) that I eat at regularly before games. There an Irish pub "RiRa" on N. Tryon and 5th (10-15 min walk, like 6 blocks) That I like to pregame at if I'm not going to a tail gate. Many of the restaurants downtown are pricey( Charlotte Pricey, not South Beach pricey) so you may want to check them out on trip advisor before grabbing a seat.

If you end up south of the city Mac's speed shop is my favorite BBQ place in the area.

We got our hotel a Holiday Inn Express Charlotte N.E. University area , are any of y'all staying there and is there much to do around that area and how far is that from the stadium. thanks

Advertisement
Back