Question re: Trayone Gray

Advertisement
Choc is a Jason Geathers clone. WR, FL, RB & KR. He's a slasher and can do it in space. All he needs is a crease. Crumbs don't know jack. !!
Lol
A lot of players on this squad remind me of dudes early in their careers on the 99 squad. Tons of young stallions that just need some tutelage. Whether or not they can reach their potential is one thing. I actually like the offense and the different assets all the players bring. That's a recipe for a juggernaut.
The optimism is scary from my viewpoint I'm glad others don't see it cuz I dong expect anyone to
LMFAO!!!!
If y'all listen to the media all the time your perspectives are silly. Those dudes don't know jack. They change their tones 1/4 to half way threw the season every year.
They better get Choc in space on the edges and watch him tear the turf up. I hope Coley and Golden recognize that.

What's the word on Gray this year? Is he ready to get some meaningful carries? I know he came in VERY raw and his ball security made Bryce Brown look like Jim Brown... Anyone have any thoughts on his potential contributions this season?

Nobody here is old enough to know Jim Brown.

Some of us are. I would think the better analogy would have been, his ball security made Sammie Smith look like Jim Brown.

Advertisement
The best thing that can happen to Trayone is that we build some sizeable leads and he can come in in the 3rd and 4th quarter of games and get some reps and build confidence and see if he can expand his role as season begins. I agree that he's likely no better than 3rd string right now.

Advertisement
What's the word on Gray this year? Is he ready to get some meaningful carries? I know he came in VERY raw and his ball security made Bryce Brown look like Jim Brown... Anyone have any thoughts on his potential contributions this season?

Yes I am.
I'm not convinced that Jim Brown would be regarded quite as highly if he had to play against today's defenses which are so much bigger and, especially, faster.

He would still be considered an exceptional back, but there might be other contemporary backs as good. I can't name names, but just look at the kinds of defenses Brown shredded. Most of those defensive players of the '50's and early '60's would not make NFL teams now.

Sorry for going off-topic, but this something I've wondered about for some time.

Yes I am.
I'm not convinced that Jim Brown would be regarded quite as highly if he had to play against today's defenses which are so much bigger and, especially, faster.

He would still be considered an exceptional back, but there might be other contemporary backs as good. I can't name names, but just look at the kinds of defenses Brown shredded. Most of those defensive players of the '50's and early '60's would not make NFL teams now.

Sorry for going off-topic, but this something I've wondered about for some time.

I judge each player in the context of the time they played in. Otherwise, there is no point in watching any of them. The players of today will pale in comparison with the players 30 years from now.

Jim Brown was the GOAT, IMO.

Advertisement
Back