Question on Dabo

His 4th year when he went 10-4, but as for comparisons, Manny has to prove that he can hold his own on the field imo because Dabo was known as an Ace recruiter by his 3rd year. Winning 6-7 games and Pulling Sammy Watkins & Deandre Hopkins.

It's easier to recruit when you have bags backing you up, but yes Dabo has pulled tremendous talent to clemson

Advertisement
Another thing, we don't (for some ******* reason) develop top talent into it's best potential. I love my team but nick saban wouldve turned deon bush and tyriq mccord into super stars

Yes, and if you think Sammy Watkins and Deandre Hopkins went to a mediocre Clemson team because of lots of good words and arguments by Dabo.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dado didn't start landing kids then. Dude was always an elite recruiter. He was the primary for CJ Spiller when he was just a position coach. Another Florida 5 star they had no business landing.

"Playmakers" are the difference as I see it. Vernon and Linder are probably the only guys who have had a major impact in the NFL

Meanwhile Clemson got:

2009 - Tahj Boyd - #31 overall player in 2009. 1st Team All-ACC twice, 2nd team once.
2010 - DeAndre Hopkins - maybe the best WR in the NFL Vic Beasley - 2 time All-American, 2015 #8 overall draft pick, 2016 1st team All-Pro
2011 - Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant

We've gotten a lot of nice players. But even when Dabo was struggling record wise, he was stocking up with much better playmakers than Miami.
If you look at the overall depth of the talent, it shouldn't account for the difference in the programs. We're not developing as we should.

Also, Dabo seems to recognize the importance of two key positions, QB and DT. You can win with good to better than average in other spots, but give me the playmakers at QB and DT. They recruited much better there.

(We lucked into Williams late after little Richt's lost out on Johnson. It makes you wonder why they ran off Allison given the depth chart at the time only included Rozier and Sheriffs. edit - I forgot Perry, he was still in his redshirt at the time.)

Last edited:
He pulled in major recruits before winning. He also did not have National Title expectations from the fans. None of that is the case with what you see now. Our fans need to stop expecting title six and appreciate 10 win div title years as they come.

We do appreciate the 10 wins and division titles.

2017 was a blast for the most part.

Problem is we only do it once every 15 years.

Advertisement
We do appreciate the 10 wins and division titles.

2017 was a blast for the most part.

Problem is we only do it once every 15 years.

Well, some of us more than others. How many fans did you hear hating on Richt for being a 10 win coach and never winning a National Title? People were lighting torches before he even coached here because his crowning achievements were two SEC titles. "I don't want conference titles, I want National Titles!"

True. Dabo is as serious as a freight train wreck.

Manny is as serious as a cargo plane crash.

You’ve replied to my comment twice. Do you want my attention that bad??

I said my piece. Everyone on this board would be firing Dabo if he starter 0-2. That’s the truth.

You’ve replied to my comment twice. Do you want my attention that bad??

I said my piece. Everyone on this board would be firing Dabo if he starter 0-2. That’s the truth.

Naw - I don't live here - I pop in, pop out - come and go - got other things to do - which doesn't leave me any time to even consider who you are, or if on a previous visit - I already replied to something else you've said. You just never stood out to me to draw my attention to you - sorry.

I hate to disappoint, but I don't give two * * * *'s about your attention - whether you've "said your piece" or not. Don't flatter yourself - it's a simple comment on someone else's comment - and I don't even look at who is saying what.

First time I ever had my attention drawn to your name, now that you've pointed it out - but never fear - it will be forgotten within moments.

Advertisement
he became known as an "ace" recruiter in his 3rd year and took off

aka his university started cheating their *** off and backing up the brinks truck to every single recruit out there

hired good coordinators but so what

Third year he made waves and collapsed. Couldn’t pull off big games for a while (Clemsoning) until Watson showed up. Him being able to hire the two first million dollar assistants at the time in Morris and Venables helped catapult his A+ leadership skills.
People forget to metion all his other staff which seems to be impossible to lure away from clemson.

Advertisement
Well, that's just too bad. Whether we like it or not, Manny's not going anywhere soon.

I assume that since Manny has a defensive background, he felt he can develop a guy like Baker. But as a first time head coach himself, he's got too other stuff going on. Let's just hope he bags up and gets himself a top defensive coordinator like Dabo did.
I would hope he would have learned not to split his time between running the team and being a coordinator.

I would hope he would have learned not to split his time between running the team and being a coordinator.
I think he may have thought that all the non-football related stuff that a head coach has to deal with wouldn't be as distracting as it is. It's one thing observing it as an outsider. It's another thing living it. I just hope after the season, he reassesses and make whatever changes are necessary. Both Butch and JJ made changes after the first year. Coker only made changes after that LSU bowl game forced the issue. Let's hope he's not like Golden or Richt.

Advertisement
Back