Question on Clarington

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
I'm sorry if this has been posted before and I didn't see it. Alright so I have a quick question for anybody who knows their stuff on this board (mainly people who live in South Florida and follow high school football down there).

I have seen a decent amount of people on this board say that they believe Devonaire Clarington is overrated. I was hoping some of you could enlighten me on why you think so. If you're on the other side of the fence and think he is a good player and has a justified rank then please explain your reasons on that.

I'm just curious because I have no idea and would like to learn more on the issue. Thank you to anybody who helps...GO CANES!

Advertisement
I'll just tell you what college coaches say and that is you can work on hand but you can't work on 6'6 230lbs.

Advertisement
The bigger problem is that he now plays at the school with Slave Trader. Chances for him getting sold to SEC team have gone way up.

Looks good enough in his hudl clips. All of a sudden, we have depth at TE with guys like Dobard, Herndon, Njoku, and Archibald in the fold.

Advertisement
He made a lot of waves when he outperformed Ravian Pierce at one of the camps last year. I don't want to draw too many conclusions but it seems a lot of these guys that have grade troubles have trouble being consistent in other areas as well. I would love to get him in the fold though.

Not expecting Clarington in this class.

Alleged academic issues + Champagnat Catholic = not ending up a Cane

Advertisement
Advertisement
He wants to be at Miami from everything I've heard but his grades are straight up dog ****. Hopefully Champagnat fixes that however they do those things.

Second, again from what I've been told he's soft especially as a TE. His money spot is DE but I'm not sure he prefers playing defense.

Either way based on talent he's a take IMO but he's got real high bust potential.

He wants to be at Miami from everything I've heard but his grades are straight up dog ****. Hopefully Champagnat fixes that however they do those things.

Second, again from what I've been told he's soft especially as a TE. His money spot is DE but I'm not sure he prefers playing defense.

Either way based on talent he's a take IMO but he's got real high bust potential.

I agree with everything you say and the one point about DE I can tell you coaches have said he doesn't have the explosion to get around the corner so his impact if any will have to be at TE. Maybe with the right staff something will start clicking for this kid but unfortunately for the kids sake I seriously doubt it.

Advertisement
Back