Question on Bethel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Only way he plays DE is if guys get injured. We got 5 guys, and they're all ahead of him at DE.

Secondly if that does happen, i have to imagine we will essentially switch to a 34 allignment. Because we dont want a DT playing the traditional 43 DE role, what we can do is essentially shift the DL to the Sam side, then shift the LBs the opposite way bringing McClouds SOLB position closer to the LOS. So basically we'd be shifting from a traditional 43 to an attacking one gap 34 allignment like the 34 over or something. Its not the craziest thing to do if we get hit with some injuries to DEs. A 1 gap 34 prioritizes speed over size, so you dont need the traditional 2 gap 5tech or even the 2 gaping NT either. So we would still be able to play to our strengths.

SAM: Joe Jackson > Jon Garvin > Gregory Rousseau
DT (4/5tech): Gerald Willis > Nesta Sivera > Tyreic Martin
NT (shaded on C): Jon Ford > Tito Odenigbo > Jordan Miller
DE (5tech): Demetrius Jackson > Pat Bethel/Scott Patchan
OLB: Zach McCloud > Charles Perry/Deandre Wilder/Patrick Joyner

ILB: Shaq Quarterman > Mike Smith > Bradley Jennings
ILB: Mike Pinkney > Waynmon Steed

The biggest cause of concern would probably be the NT position. But if we get some injuries to DEs an allignment like this would protect us. we could keep all our 43 principles, and basically still run our defense, while technically shifting to a 34 allignment.

Only way he plays DE is if guys get injured. We got 5 guys, and they're all ahead of him at DE.

Secondly if that does happen, i have to imagine we will essentially switch to a 34 allignment. Because we dont want a DT playing the traditional 43 DE role, what we can do is essentially shift the DL to the Sam side, then shift the LBs the opposite way bringing McClouds SOLB position closer to the LOS. So basically we'd be shifting from a traditional 43 to an attacking one gap 34 allignment like the 34 over or something. Its not the craziest thing to do if we get hit with some injuries to DEs. A 1 gap 34 prioritizes speed over size, so you dont need the traditional 2 gap 5tech or even the 2 gaping NT either. So we would still be able to play to our strengths.

The biggest cause of concern would probably be the NT position. But if we get some injuries to DEs an allignment like this would protect us. we could keep all our 43 principles, and basically still run our defense, while technically shifting to a 34 allignment.
That’s a good assessment. Appreciate the feedback.

Advertisement
Advertisement
uh, no I never punted. you're obsessed with the wrong guy. you're thinking of someone else.

uh, no I never punted. you're obsessed with the wrong guy. you're thinking of someone else.
I’m not obsessed with one. You were three time All GLIAC (Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) at Grand Valley State. You’re the best I’ve ever seen.

sorry, wrong guy. but, I'm out at Weston regional most Sunday mornings. don't know how to punt, though.

Advertisement
sorry, wrong guy. but, I'm out at Weston regional most Sunday mornings. don't know how to punt, though.
No way I have you mixed up. That’s where you hold your, “Punt Like a Pro,” camp. My friends son went last year. Said you were a bit standoffish.

I think an important fact to remember is that patrick joyner can also play DE. He was actually more of a pass rusher than a true LB.

Advertisement
yeah, u can keep being a douche as if you keep saying it you will make it true. never punted, but, if you have something to say instead of hiding behind a keyboard, you know where I'm at.

So I shouldn’t be freaking out........yet?
It adds depth. Our situation isnt ideal but joyner was a great pass rusher this year. If he can match 70%, which he has the ability, of what garvin did we will be more than good.

Joyner is a lb. if we lose 2-3 d ends to season ending injuries, I guess we'll try something else.

Still have the same problem. Your 1-technique tackle is going to get double-teamed to death. Personally I think you just stick with 4-3 under fronts. Like I've said losing Norton was huge until we can show we've got a kid who can replace him and demand double teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back