Question on Alumnus running things. Hypothetical.

Lets say Highsmith does get the AD position and hires Ed Reed, Bryant McKinney, Ken Dorsey all our former greats. How horrible is it gonna be if they fail?

Who in there right mind is going be able to talk **** or ask for their heads? That's a nightmare I want no part of.

USC did it... Just saying...

Advertisement
There's a lot more to being an AD than picking the head coach. I think theres no chance it's Highsmith.

If it happens, expect some disastrous "Miami connection" type hire.

We're starting to fall victim to the USC mentality.

They hired anyone connected to Pete Carroll in an attempt to try and recapture the glory days, and haven't won **** since PC left for the Seattle job.

Don't worry about a guy's connections to the U - it doesn't make them any more or less qualified. Hire the RIGHT guy, after a national search. Sometimes fresh eyes are the best medicine.

We're starting to fall victim to the USC mentality.

They hired anyone connected to Pete Carroll in an attempt to try and recapture the glory days, and haven't won **** since PC left for the Seattle job.

Don't worry about a guy's connections to the U - it doesn't make them any more or less qualified. Hire the RIGHT guy, after a national search. Sometimes fresh eyes are the best medicine.

the only time they were relevant in like 20 years was when they had a great coach along with a ton of cheating. when they hired carroll, he was a failure in the NFL. they hit right and paid the right players. we wont pay players, but hopefully we can get lucky on a coach

Advertisement
I'd prefer we avoid any Miami connections at all. It seems like we look to that as a primary qualification when it shouldn't be.

the only time they were relevant in like 20 years was when they had a great coach along with a ton of cheating. when they hired carroll, he was a failure in the NFL. they hit right and paid the right players. we wont pay players, but hopefully we can get lucky on a coach

It gets old when this board credits every other program's success to "cheating." USC was a monster under Carroll; you can't point to their success and say "oh, they were good because they had a coach AND they were cheating." The implication is that without cheating, they wouldn't have been as good; that's just not true.

Reggie Bush got paid by an agent. He was going to USC whether or not he got a $500 handshake. Carroll was a killer on the recruiting trail, a great head coach, put guys into the first round and had that program humming.

But that's not my point. The point is, since then, USC has been trying to recapture that Magic by only looking inside the staffs Carroll put together for their next HC. It's how Kiffin got the job. It's how Sarkisian got the job, despite the fact that he was a drunk at the time and never won more than 8 games at Washington.

Miami needs to go outside the U family. Bring in a guy who can take a fresh look at the program and get rid of the complacency that currently exists. They had an opportunity to do that this past offseason after Richt stepped down, and failed miserably.

It gets old when this board credits every other program's success to "cheating." USC was a monster under Carroll; you can't point to their success and say "oh, they were good because they had a coach AND they were cheating." The implication is that without cheating, they wouldn't have been as good; that's just not true.

Reggie Bush got paid by an agent. He was going to USC whether or not he got a $500 handshake. Carroll was a killer on the recruiting trail, a great head coach, put guys into the first round and had that program humming.

But that's not my point. The point is, since then, USC has been trying to recapture that Magic by only looking inside the staffs Carroll put together for their next HC. It's how Kiffin got the job. It's how Sarkisian got the job, despite the fact that he was a drunk at the time and never won more than 8 games at Washington.

Miami needs to go outside the U family. Bring in a guy who can take a fresh look at the program and get rid of the complacency that currently exists. They had an opportunity to do that this past offseason after Richt stepped down, and failed miserably.

they did cheat tho lol. nto saying it doesnt happen everywhere and i did say carroll is a good coach, but you didnt read that i suppose. also, if yuo dont think the others got paid on behalf of USC other than reggie, i dont know what to tell you. carroll obviously proved hes an elite college coach and top tier NFL coach with the hawks.

i do agree that USC is doing the miami guy bs but their version. theyve failed on every hire since PC. i agree that we need to bring a fresh face and mindset in tho

they did cheat tho lol. nto saying it doesnt happen everywhere and i did say carroll is a good coach, but you didnt read that i suppose. also, if yuo dont think the others got paid on behalf of USC other than reggie, i dont know what to tell you. carroll obviously proved hes an elite college coach and top tier NFL coach with the hawks.

i do agree that USC is doing the miami guy bs but their version. theyve failed on every hire since PC. i agree that we need to bring a fresh face and mindset in tho

I just shrug my shoulders at it. I don't think USC did anything that Miami wasn't also doing during that same time period (see Nevin Shapiro). And Carroll won two 'ships and finished in the top 5 seven straight times. We didn't.

Advertisement
We literally need an alpha AD who would come in pretending to be friendly to the SJWs and turn tables on them in year 2 ..
....and fire the likes of Strawley and kin

Just hire the right people for the job it doesn't matter if they have Miami roots.no matter who is hired we need to face reality .this **** show won't be fixed in one o r two years.Last 15 years has put us back to the pre howard days.we have the players to challenge for the coastal and that's all.time to fix it with the right people but we fans have to give them time to do it.

I just shrug my shoulders at it. I don't think USC did anything that Miami wasn't also doing during that same time period (see Nevin Shapiro). And Carroll won two 'ships and finished in the top 5 seven straight times. We didn't.

absolutely. carroll is def elite as a college coach and top tier as NFL coach now. my point is that the bags plus hitting right on PC has helped. theyve failed ever since (tho i think lane may have worked out if they had a LONGTERM patience with him given how well he recruits)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back