Question for the board

CanefaninBuckeyeland

The Shogun of CIS
I want to get the board's opinion on this. So Nick Saban is viewed by many as being one step ahead of just about everyone in CFB. Case and point being the hiring of Steve Sarkisian as a "special advisor" knowing that Kiffin would be up for some HC positions.

If the Canes D improves next year like it did this year, and Diaz is up for some HC positions (presumably), would it make sense to go the Saban route and look for someone like a Charlie Strong (or whoever) to come in as a "special advisor"? Just a thought.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No we're not Bama, We're The U...

Why wouldn't Strong except a position like that? He blew it at Texas (although he deserved another year), and he's got to build up his credibility with the Schools again...

Muschamp swallowed his pride, took the DC job at Auburn for 1 year & now he's Coaching USCe .....

Butch Davis is coaching FIU it's a step back for him but if he builds a winning team there, every school in the country will be calling him just like Herman from Houston

We ain't Bama and Charlie wouldn't accept a special advisor position for us.

No, we're not Bama, but if it makes sense, it makes sense. I brought Charlie's name up as an example. If you have someone else in mind, please share.

Sarkisian is pretty much working as an "advisor" for bama for free. No way we can convince any recently fired coach to do that here even if they just had a huge buyout. Bama's playing with 10 yard head start in a 40 yard race we don't have that luxury.

We are still waiting for our medical tent.

It might be a while before we start hiring 'special advisors'.

No we're not Bama, We're The U...

Why wouldn't Strong except a position like that? He blew it at Texas (although he deserved another year), and he's got to build up his credibility with the Schools again...

Muschamp swallowed his pride, took the DC job at Auburn for 1 year & now he's Coaching USCe .....

Butch Davis is coaching FIU it's a step back for him but if he builds a winning team there, every school in the country will be calling him just like Herman from Houston

Muschamp was made the highest paid assistant in the nation at Auburn. He ain't swallow any pride they paid him.

Advertisement
We ain't Bama and Charlie wouldn't accept a special advisor position for us.

No, we're not Bama, but if it makes sense, it makes sense. I brought Charlie's name up as an example. If you have someone else in mind, please share.

Sarkisian is pretty much working as an "advisor" for bama for free. No way we can convince any recently fired coach to do that here even if they just had a huge buyout. Bama's playing with 10 yard head start in a 40 yard race we don't have that luxury.

Charlie strong would work for us...and for "free", if we hired him...If we were to pay him, the Buyout money he gets from Texas would decrease dramatically. So it's not as far-fetched as it may seem.

So Charlie Strong is going to fix our offense - you people are special needs. Charlie Strong would not fit in our current system/coaching personnel, even as an advisor to the defensive side.

Advertisement
Wait, what are you basing this off of?

You don't think Strong would fit in with a team of attack minded coaches in an aggressive system?

I hate this thread........

Because the OP had the nerve to put cuckeye* in his username.

Closet cuck fan.

Strong might enjoy his buyout rather than take another DC job. Why become employed when you're being paid so much to be unemployed?

Advertisement
I hate this thread........

Because the OP had the nerve to put cuckeye* in his username.

Closet cuck fan.

Not sure if serious, but if you are, please don't pretend that you know me. Just know this, there's only one team I hate more than taint (ND). I live in Ohio now, but I ain't from here. As a matter of fact, I'm from Miami.

I'm not advocating for Strong, but it's the forward thinking that Saban seems to be doing a better job at.

Forward thinking is super easy when you literally have money to burn. If he wasn't spending that money on a battery of coaching consultants, he'd be spending it on something else.

The most notable difference between Bama and everyone else is the incredible amount of money they have, part of that is that they generate more than anyone else, and the willingness to let Saban spend it exactly how he wants. Barrels of cash, an excellent coach with virtually unlimited power, and a support system of boosters with even more cash, that know how to spend it surreptitiously, and have an omerta-like code of silence. The result is superior recruiting results, unmatched by anyone, and then reinforced by their winning, which generates even more money and makes recruit already want to come anyway. It's a perpetual self-feeding machine.

That's one way to build a dynasty.

Advertisement
Back