Question for Shaq's father, Marcus Johnson?

Geo will the commitment of Mullins, potential commitment of Wright, offering Burns, help us land Joesph Jackson?

Yes to all of the above and including having Baez on staff.

Joseph Jackson just might be a better TE than he is a DE. Very athletic for a big kid.

Joseph Jackson is a DE. Has the body frame to add a ton of weight when put on a college weight training program and is extremely quick off the line. Would be surprised to see him playing TE at the next level.

Advertisement
Geo will the commitment of Mullins, potential commitment of Wright, offering Burns, help us land Joesph Jackson?

Yes to all of the above and including having Baez on staff.

Joseph Jackson just might be a better TE than he is a DE. Very athletic for a big kid.

Joseph Jackson is a DE. Has the body frame to add a ton of weight when put on a college weight training program and is extremely quick off the line. Would be surprised to see him playing TE at the next level.

Jackson has a high ceiling at both positions of TE and DE but where I do agree is that he could probably end up outgrowing TE, he is 6'5"-6'6" 240 as a high school junior and he has the frame and room to get even bigger. *he hasn't filled out yet*

For a big kid he is very athletic and moves VERY well at his size.

What I like about him as a TE is the way he uses his body and size to his advantage in the air. He's very physical and is fast for a kid who is pushing 240+ already. STRONG is an understatement.

As a Defensive End I love his disruptive play as he can be a violent pass rusher off the edge and has long arms and the athleticism to alter a Quarterbacks pass.

I have seen him live.

It's no knock at all the TE comment 'cause he could be a star as a DE or TE. I just think he could be a phenomenal TE but he could outgrow that position easily though.

It speaks levels to his athleticism and the player that he is. Two way star, which is my favorite type of recruit.

IMO, you take Jackson and see how much he progresses in the weight room. This kid could very well be 250+ by the time he gets to college and you could expect another 20-30 pounds of muscle after that by the time he's done.

Good example here. Calais Campbell type of potential even though he is just a tad taller at 6'8" than Joseph who is 6'5"-6'6" range.

Campbell was a two way star in high school who played tight end and could have been a good one at that position but outgrew it. Campbell played basketball and did track and field as well and was a very big athletic kid, long arms and played tight end and defensive end just like Joseph himself.

Last edited:
Ultimately, yes I can see Jackson being a DE.

But he has the talent, athleticism and measurables to be a great tight end. I just think their is a good chance he can outgrow that position though.

Was very impressed by him when I had saw him.

Mullins is not even the best prospect we have committed from that school. Best prospects from a measurables and athleticism are neck and neck Robert Burns '17 and Joseph Jackson '16

Darnell Salomon has been practicing with Miami Central. Looks like he is headed over there now.

From his interview with Manny about his All-Dade selection. Miami is not in his top 5 and mentioned development and many problems with coaching as the reason why. But said he will always be a Miami fan.

So there you go, straight from kids mouths in interviews about their issue with Miami.

It's sad cause this kid is a great receiver with size and speed and it seems like he would come if it wasn't for the status quo.

These kids are basically saying, you make a coaching change and I'll come.

Have you mentioned to the staff about Marcus Johnson yet?

As I hope maybe we could create a little Oakleaf pipeline with having Darrion Owens here and your son Shaq on the way next January.

For anyone wondering, I've been pushing this kid and his tape on here quite a bit as I think he is a stud and Shaq's father had a lot of high praise for him in the past.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3923969/highlights/170882376

Marcus Johnson
6'0"
Yes... i have... Marcus was selected honorable mention All State O have also mentioned of Shaq's two Denzel Houston starting soph qb at daytona mainland and Kendall William qb at orlando colonial

Advertisement

As I hope maybe we could create a little Oakleaf pipeline with having Darrion Owens here and your son Shaq on the way next January.

For anyone wondering, I've been pushing this kid and his tape on here quite a bit as I think he is a stud and Shaq's father had a lot of high praise for him in the past.

Marcus Johnson
6'0"
Yes... i have... Marcus was selected honorable mention All State O have also mentioned of Shaq's two Denzel Houston starting soph qb at daytona mainland and Kendall William qb at orlando colonial

Thank you poppa Shaq. I hope they extend an offer to Marcus before he blows up.

Are Denzel and Kendall, Shaq's cousins? Now I have some more tape to watch.

What's your thoughts on Oakleafs QB Jordan Johnson?

Marcus Johnson
6'0"

Yes they both are cousins....both great athletes.. JJ is one of the smartest hs qbs i've seen don't make very many mistakes and has the will to win like his uncles Brian Bennie and Al...he wears Al number

Marcus Johnson
6'0"

Yes they both are cousins....both great athletes.. JJ is one of the smartest hs qbs i've seen don't make very many mistakes and has the will to win like his uncles Brian Bennie and Al...he wears Al number
the balls in the staffs court now. nice one poppa shaq.

Marcus Johnson
6'0"

Had no idea Jordan Johnson was related to Miami Royalty, the Blades brothers.

Nice to know. Is he receiving any interest yet? I know it's a long way till his class year being a 2017 prospect.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back