Question for Shaq's father, Marcus Johnson?

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
Have you mentioned to the staff about Marcus Johnson yet?

As I hope maybe we could create a little Oakleaf pipeline with having Darrion Owens here and your son Shaq on the way next January.

For anyone wondering, I've been pushing this kid and his tape on here quite a bit as I think he is a stud and Shaq's father had a lot of high praise for him in the past.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3923969/highlights/170882376

Marcus Johnson
6'0"

Last edited:
Advertisement
He is really fluid and has a lot of speed would love to have him at receiver but we have a lot already I would take him as an athlete at the least he can be a gamebreaker at corner

One last thing I wanted to mention, if it is possible. Could Marcus come to junior day with Shaq this weekend?

I really don't want to see him blow up somewhere else and I think he's the real deal. I have watched a countless amount of kids from the 2016 class and by far he is one of the most athletic, fluid and explosive and impressive players I have seen so far.

I mean if it spreads and colleges see, I am positive his mailbox will be blowing up with letters and offers.

Advertisement
Mullins
Bruce
Irvin Jr
Richards
Newbold
Victor
Pinder
Marcus Johnson
Swain
Brandon Johnson
(Snelson)

Which 4-5 to pick?

Seriously we can't take them all lol Can we? Lol

Going to get pretty interesting over the next year I honestly dont remember there ever being this stacked at one position in one year. Just keeping my fingers crossed, cuz steven is truly gifted on the field it would be amazing to be able to watch him at the U.

Advertisement
Ya'll forgot "Pie" Young. Jesus what a year IMO

Had went a little in depth and about my opinions on the WR board for 2016 in another thread. Post #14 and #15

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/85431-Brandon-Singleton-Decommits-from-Georgia-Tech

But I'll put it on here the realistic one I had put

Brandon Johnson - American Heritage
Marcus Johnson - Oakleaf
Dymond Lee - Chaminade (CA) (I'm iffy on this one cause I'm not sure of his interest in Miami. Kaaya and Milo do help though)
Steven Newbold - Carol City
Freddie Pinder - Southridge
Darnell Salomon - Champagnat Catholic (If he transfers. I don't see any shot if he stays at Champagnat)
Dredrick Snelson - American Heritage
Binjimen Victor - Coconut Creek
Keyshawn "Pie" Young - Miami High

Keep Bruce, Mullins and Richards in the class.

I don't think at this moment Salomon comes here or even any shot at him unless he transfers out of Champagnat. I think Victor goes elsewhere which doesn't bother me as I like Pinder more.

Although Brandon Johnson is a cane legacy it is a very loaded year in the state. I feel any other year he would be higher on the board.

Not sure on the interest from both sides for Lee, would prefer if we stuck to in state actually, don't see the need to leave the state for any receivers in 2016.

Despite Snelson decommitment, Miami is very much still in the picture. The season we just had going 6-7 did not help. This was a kid who went out of his own way to commit to Miami. He has expressed Miami is still in it, will remain to be seen.

Give me these guys

Marcus Johnson
Steven Newbold
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshawn "Pie" Young

to add to Bruce, Mullins, and Richards

Take Marcus, Mullins, Newbold, Richards and Young as athletes and figure out their position when they get here.

8 and would be 5 as the athlete type.

Sam Bruce
Marcus Johnson (RB/WR/DB)
Dionte Mullins (WR/S)
Steven Newbold (WR/DB)
Freddie Pinder
Ahmmon Richards (WR/S)
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshawn "Pie" Young (RB/WR/DB)

Sadly, this is my dream scenario. I don't see them taking that many despite the fact that a good majority are capable of playing multiple positions. (*Cough* we are going to need help at DB and special teams)

Don't get me wrong I would like to have Craig, Salomon, Stove or the younger Ridley in there but I just don't see them being remotely possible. Only one I can see becoming a possibility is Salomon if he leaves Champagnat.

IMO they will probably go 5 to 6. 7 at the most if we're lucky. And only because some of these kids bring versatility to play both sides of the ball and taken as athletes.

***This is not including Deon McIntosh and Ivan Smith who both play runningback right now
and potentially could end up playing a different position.***

***Also don't know for sure yet if this staff will end up sleeping on Newbold and Marcus***

Last edited:
Mullins
Bruce
Irvin Jr
Richards
Newbold
Victor
Pinder
Marcus Johnson
Swain
Brandon Johnson
(Snelson)

Which 4-5 to pick?

Seriously we can't take them all lol Can we? Lol

Take as many as possible, its just called building talent and depth at positions when a certain class like this is strong. Irvin Jr will end up at TE or maybe slot. This is what should have happened in this years RB cycle but our coaches screwed it up.

Advertisement

Had went a little in depth and about my opinions on the WR board for 2016 in another thread. Post #14 and #15

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/85431-Brandon-Singleton-Decommits-from-Georgia-Tech

Marcus Johnson - Oakleaf
Dymond Lee - Chaminade (CA) (I'm iffy on this one cause I'm not sure of his interest in Miami. Kaaya and Milo do help though)
Darnell Salomon - Champagnat Catholic (If he transfers. I don't see any shot if he stays at Champagnat)

I don't think at this moment Salomon comes here or even any shot at him unless he transfers out of Champagnat. I think Victor goes elsewhere which doesn't bother me as I like Pinder more.

Although Brandon Johnson is a cane legacy it is a very loaded year in the state. I feel any other year he would be higher on the board.

Not sure on the interest from both sides for Lee, would prefer if we stuck to in state actually, don't see the need to leave the state for any receivers in 2016.

Despite Snelson decommitment, Miami is very much still in the picture. The season we just had going 6-7 did not help. This was a kid who went out of his own way to commit to Miami. He has expressed Miami is still in it, will remain to be seen.

Give me these guys

Marcus Johnson
Steven Newbold
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshawn "Pie" Young

Take Marcus, Mullins, Newbold, Richards and Young as athletes and figure out their position when they get here.

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (WR/S)
Steven Newbold (WR/DB)
Freddie Pinder
Ahmmon Richards (WR/S)
Dredrick Snelson

Sadly, this is my dream scenario. I don't see them taking that many despite the fact that a good majority are capable of playing multiple positions. (*Cough* we are going to need help at DB and special teams)

Don't get me wrong I would like to have Craig, Salomon, Stove or the younger Ridley in there but I just don't see them being remotely possible. Only one I can see becoming a possibility is Salomon if he leaves Champagnat.

IMO they will probably go 5 to 6. 7 at the most if we're lucky. And only because some of these kids bring versatility to play both sides of the ball and taken as athletes.

***This is not including Deon McIntosh and Ivan Smith who both play runningback right now

***Also don't know for sure yet if this staff will end up sleeping on Newbold and Marcus***

totally forgot about Pie my goodness this class is deep. i want him as an ATH

Mullins & Bruce obviously WR imo and will have spots pretty much guaranteed
Irvin Jr is WR/ Flex TE, guaranteed spot
Maybe Richards will be play DB, he may not want to because he play WR anywhere in the country
Newbold wants to be a Cane and is talented
Marcus Johnson is considered a insane athlete by you guys, we always need those
Victor and Pinder are tall I don't know much about them lol
And there's plenty of receivers that are talented and have interest

Of course the recruiting game and evaluation process will run remove some guys from the equation but man its tough

Marcus Johnson - Oakleaf

Give me these guys

Marcus Johnson
Steven Newbold
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshawn "Pie" Young

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (WR/S)
Steven Newbold (WR/DB)
Freddie Pinder
Ahmmon Richards (WR/S)
Dredrick Snelson

After the Fenton/Talon/Archer/Hoggins etc fiascos, I have very little faith that this staff will offer Newbold and Pie Young. I thought I knew these guys but I don't. I expect Ahmmon Richards to decommit and bolt somewhere else..(prob OSU if he transfers to Dwyer) It will be a fight to the finish to get Snelson back. Victor will be a fight to the finish. And even with all that said, they will pass on Pie and Newbold and find some WR from GA or TN that we have not heard of. Look at how they handled our DB recruiting this year? Smh.

In a year where we should be taking at least 7 guys on that list, we will end up with prob 3 if we are lucky. (Mullins/Bruce/Pinder)

Advertisement
Irvin Jr. it has been noted that he is being looked at as a TE.

As for 2017. Some nice ones, not sure yet if it will be like surplus 2016. I am a fan of Rodney Scott from Southridge.

Have some in here - https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/74440-Geo-s-2016-2020-Prospect-Database

One of my personal favorites is the 2017 athlete who is from Fort Myers, Darrian Felix. Just received an offer from Miami a few weeks ago.

Marcus Johnson - Oakleaf

Give me these guys

Marcus Johnson
Steven Newbold
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshawn "Pie" Young

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (WR/S)
Steven Newbold (WR/DB)
Freddie Pinder
Ahmmon Richards (WR/S)
Dredrick Snelson

After the Fenton/Talon/Archer/Hoggins etc fiascos, I have very little faith that this staff will offer Newbold and Pie Young. I thought I knew these guys but I don't. I expect Ahmmon Richards to decommit and bolt somewhere else..(prob OSU if he transfers to Dwyer) It will be a fight to the finish to get Snelson back. Victor will be a fight to the finish. And even with all that said, they will pass on Pie and Newbold and find some WR from GA or TN that we have not heard of. Look at how they handled our DB recruiting this year? Smh.

In a year where we should be taking at least 7 guys on that list, we will end up with prob 3 if we are lucky. (Mullins/Bruce/Pinder)

Jassid. Actually went to check and read up. "Pie" Young does have an offer. (Thank god) ***Now please extend offers to Newbold and Marcus Johnson***

I was the one who mentioned it about Ahmmon.

Not a done deal but their is a possibility that Ahmmon could be transferring to Dwyer as he was very close to doing so before his junior season. His father was pushing for him to go to Dwyer before his junior year. Now with his QB Shannon Patrick(Former Cane Star DE Kevin Patrick nephew) graduating and Ahmmon very good friends with Centeio.... It's a possibility.

I give a lot of respect to the kid 'cause he stuck it out and worked hard and Wellington had a surprise season and Ahmmon with a phenomenal year.

Geo will the commitment of Mullins, potential commitment of Wright, offering Burns, help us land Joesph Jackson?

Yes to all of the above and including having Baez on staff.

Joseph Jackson just might be a better TE than he is a DE. Very athletic for a big kid.

Advertisement
Back