Question for Insiders/Close to the Program

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
We've all seen our new Cajun coordinators speak, answer questions, and we've been able to look at their coaching history. We all can agree that there has been a turnaround and elevation on both sides of the team. Sometimes SOB's can get production - but it's usually quickly reversed.

Does anyone know just how well liked these guys are by the team members?

I look at how they react together - and there seems from the outside to be genuine connections and respect for each other. I don't see conflicts to speak of - and folks going off on a tangent.

Anyone close to the program that could address that question and enhance what we see from the outside looking in?

I'm really liking what I see.

Advertisement
Winning creates chemistry. FAST.
0B4FC846-089D-471D-9042-79D60CE15EB9.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
We've all seen our new Cajun coordinators speak, answer questions, and we've been able to look at their coaching history. We all can agree that there has been a turnaround and elevation on both sides of the team. Sometimes SOB's can get production - but it's usually quickly reversed.

Does anyone know just how well liked these guys are by the team members?

I look at how they react together - and there seems from the outside to be genuine connections and respect for each other. I don't see conflicts to speak of - and folks going off on a tangent.

Anyone close to the program that could address that question and enhance what we see from the outside looking in?

I'm really liking what I see.

I can only speak to Guidry from his previous stops from players that used to play for him, but he was always a player favorite, even from players on the offensive side of the ball

Advertisement
Much easier to gain respect and buy in when the players genuinely believe in the systems they brought.
Kids aren’t dumb , they respect guys that know the game and put them in the best situation to succeed. Bigger than that this staff actually goes out of their way to show kids they trust them and try to have good relationships. Nothing builds a players confidence like trust

I would say this….you don’t play as hard as our kids played yesterday if you don’t believe in your coaches. You don’t come back from 2 back breaking mistakes if you don’t believe you have a chance.

These two coordinators give us a chance. On both sides of the ball we are playing fast, physical, sound football. I said in the game thread after the muffed punt we don’t seem to make the simple plays, but after that play out whole team blocked well, tackled well, threw/caught the ball well, played fast, played with aggression, and looked like they were having A LOT OF FUN

I’m one of the biggest Mario skeptics here. Last night was a great start to a new beginning I hope. So far, 2 grand slam hires. We’ll done Mario, we’ll done

Advertisement
Watch Dawson when he dials up a Td and a coach picked him up celebrating and the players were all over him. The players loves this staff. The sideline is night and day different. Last year it was straight up toxic for players and coaches.
All day this. In that clip, Dawson is looking to celebrate with the assistants and they can’t wait to praise him for the call. I’d like to think he had that play in his bag all week and had told them to watch for the moment. When it came and it worked to perfection? Celebrate, baby!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back