Question! Bama QB Coker has two National Championship rings

LatinCane

Sophomore
from two different schools. Can anyone think of another player that has done this? I cant seem to think of one. Maybe it's happened in college basketball but I cant seem to think of anyone.

Advertisement
Not the same of course, but Cam Newton won a JUCO NC and one with Auburn. That's the closest I can recall.

Cam Newton was on the 08' UF team that won a title, so he's done it. Actually, he won a title 3 straight years. Won as a part of UF in 08', won a juco national title in 09', and then won a title at Auburn in 10'.

The only other player (at least in football) is supposedly some guy at Ohio State and Michigan in the 1940's.

Advertisement
Cam Newton was on the 08' UF team that won a title, so he's done it. Actually, he won a title 3 straight years. Won as a part of UF in 08', won a juco national title in 09', and then won a title at Auburn in 10'.

Did he get a ring for 08 or was he out of school when they gave them out? If so, he could always lift one from some other swamp scum. Why did he get throw out? Was his crime not serious enough so Urban made an example of him?

Did he get a ring for 08 or was he out of school when they gave them out? If so, he could always lift one from some other swamp scum. Why did he get throw out? Was his crime not serious enough so Urban made an example of him?

Urban was still in his love affair with Tebow. Cam was expendable at the time. **** had Cam stayed Urban probably never would have developed "health problems"

I think he stole a laptop and then flung it out of his dorm window when authorities came to search. Has to be more to the story though. No way Urban threw a talent like that off of the team over a **** Dell.

Advertisement

Urban was still in his love affair with Tebow. Cam was expendable at the time. **** had Cam stayed Urban probably never would have developed "health problems"

Had nothing to do with Urban. IDK where this myth developed from that Meyer chose Tebow over Cam. Cam's true freshman year was 07', the same year Tebow won the Heisman. And Cam was the backup and played in games. What was Meyer supposed to do? Bench a Heisman winner the next year for an unproven player? No coach would do that.

As to Cam being expelled, the stolen laptop didn't do it. He had multiple incidents of academic misconduct (4 I believe) and was set to appear before the COC where he was going to be expelled. He left before the ruling came down because he knew what was coming. Urban still wanted him on the team but it didn't matter what he wanted, it was a university decision.

Had nothing to do with Urban. IDK where this myth developed from that Meyer chose Tebow over Cam. Cam's true freshman year was 07', the same year Tebow won the Heisman. And Cam was the backup and played in games. What was Meyer supposed to do? Bench a Heisman winner the next year for an unproven player? No coach would do that.

As to Cam being expelled, the stolen laptop didn't do it. He had multiple incidents of academic misconduct (4 I believe) and was set to appear before the COC where he was going to be expelled. He left before the ruling came down because he knew what was coming. Urban still wanted him on the team but it didn't matter what he wanted, it was a university decision.

That makes more sense. We all know gators do not get kicked out for crime.

That makes more sense. We all know gators do not get kicked out for crime.

fo' shizzle! Urban Lyer had what? 35 or 36 players arrested during his tenure in Canesville?

Since Coker played some last year he would have had to transfer out the year crablegs started, and then sat out that year.

Advertisement

Noone said he chose Tim over Cam. I think the point they are getting at is Urban became very shortsighted, because all he could see was Tebow and maybe even believed whoever he had as the next guy would easily make the transition. Then when it actually happened, reality smacked him and he got some "health issues".

With that said, Cam had to get the boot based on what was going on. I know a lot of people downplay whatever he did, but you can't do some of those things. It does amaze me though that Urban kept some guys who did real stupid stuff, but dumped Cam.

Noone said he chose Tim over Cam. I think the point they are getting at is Urban became very shortsighted, because all he could see was Tebow and maybe even believed whoever he had as the next guy would easily make the transition. Then when it actually happened, reality smacked him and he got some "health issues".

With that said, Cam had to get the boot based on what was going on. I know a lot of people downplay whatever he did, but you can't do some of those things. It does amaze me though that Urban kept some guys who did real stupid stuff, but dumped Cam.

But it had nothing to do with shortsightedness. You're stating he dumped Cam when he didn't have the option to keep Cam on the team like he wanted to, it was a university decision. Cam was Meyer's chosen QB. He didn't even recruit Brantley until Gator boosters threw a stink about him not taking a legacy, which is why Brantley originally committed to Texas. Cam was already being groomed to be the guy, when he got a minor injury they redshirted him to save his eligibility when he could have kept playing.

But it had nothing to do with shortsightedness. You're stating he dumped Cam when he didn't have the option to keep Cam on the team like he wanted to, it was a university decision. Cam was Meyer's chosen QB. He didn't even recruit Brantley until Gator boosters threw a stink about him not taking a legacy, which is why Brantley originally committed to Texas. Cam was already being groomed to be the guy, when he got a minor injury they redshirted him to save his eligibility when he could have kept playing.

I was just trying to correct your assumption that people think he was choosing tebow over cam when that was never the statement. I never said he dumped cam as a choice. I'm saying he dumped him because he had to. The Brantley thing makes sense, but he didn't have to play him and you'd think he'd have another option other than, "the backup is out, let's shut it down". The health issues are still a load of crap. Otherwise he wouldn't have been at Ohio state after 1 season away.

Advertisement

I was just trying to correct your assumption that people think he was choosing tebow over cam when that was never the statement. I never said he dumped cam as a choice. I'm saying he dumped him because he had to. The Brantley thing makes sense, but he didn't have to play him and you'd think he'd have another option other than, "the backup is out, let's shut it down". The health issues are still a load of crap. Otherwise he wouldn't have been at Ohio state after 1 season away.

Agree with you on Brantley but the failure there was more Addazio IMO. Meyer and Mullen worked well together and when he left the offense started to decline even in 09' when they went 13-1. It was obvious they just weren't the same, kinda like OSU's offense this year without Herman.

And the health thing was real. I knew people who after year 1 said they would be surprised if Meyer lasted 5 years because he was so obsessive. The rumors were that after the 05' loss to South Carolina he stayed in his office for 3 weeks. And during the 09' season he was apparently found inside a closet in the football facilities after having a breakdown, crazy, crazy ****. But Ohio St. was his dream job, I remember reading that he had outs in his contract for only two places...ND and Ohio St. So when they came calling after that one year he felt if he didn't take the job he may never get the same opportunity again.

Advertisement
Back