Question about the so called bags

puertorricane

Cartel Soldier
Banned
There's a lot of talk around here about recruits getting paid (bags) to go to certain schools.
My question is simple, if local recruits really love Miami why they dont just take the money but still commit to the local school.

Paying recruits is illegal so is not a binding contract and schools cant report them.
That's like going to the police to report your drug money being stolen.

Advertisement
There's a lot of talk around here about recruits getting paid (bags) to go to certain schools.
My question is simple, if local recruits really love Miami why they dont just take the money but still commit to the local school.

Paying recruits is illegal so is not a binding contract and schools cant report them.

Payments are made in installments...i.e you get your big bag when you get on campus

Advertisement

It’s not always a true “bag” of cash. It’s perks such as vehicles, jobs for family members, new homes and things like that. Even if you love Miami, do you want your mom to have to turn her car back into the dealership, your uncle or aunt to not get that job that gets them out of the projects, the new home your family is going to move into? It’s not necessarily a pile of money they just hand over before your signature. Do you think these boosters are stupid?

It’s not always a true “bag” of cash. It’s perks such as vehicles, jobs for family members, new homes and things like that. Even if you love Miami, do you want your mom to have to turn her car back into the dealership, your uncle or aunt to not get that job that gets them out of the projects, the new home your family is going to move into? It’s not necessarily a pile of money they just hand over before your signature. Do you think these boosters are stupid?

You forgot about large farms in Alabama......:oops:

You get the big bag after the letter of intent is signed and received by the university
This^^^

Only the turds were dumb enough to pay up front (Dalvin Cook & supposedly Patrick “Johnson” Peterson).

The schools who know how to play the bag game right introduce the recruits to current players who have been bought previously.

Those players assure the recruit and his family that the school they are at will follow through with that “signing bonus”.

This is why these programs don’t even try to hide some of this stuff.

They want recruits to see their players driving in these nice cars, having money, etc...

This photo of Khris Bogle's front porch on National Signing Day last year should tell you everything you need to know about pay to play in college football recruiting.....

Advertisement
You have to wonder if the transfers are sometimes kids whose payments dried up for some reason or another. After that there is no further incentive to attend that school

I think it happens pretty often especially when you see some of the coaches super scorend when they get bucked at the end..

They know they spent some of their "Cap Space" this cycle and didnt get their guy

This^^^

Only the turds were dumb enough to pay up front (Dalvin Cook & supposedly Patrick “Johnson” Peterson).

The schools who know how to play the bag game right introduce the recruits to current players who have been bought previously.

Those players assure the recruit and his family that the school they are at will follow through with that “signing bonus”.

This is why these programs don’t even try to hide some of this stuff.

They want recruits to see their players driving in these nice cars, having money, etc...
Yep most schools give a little up front to make them commit and then the rest when they sign

Lol

Advertisement
Every CFB fan should read A Payroll to Meet about the SMU scandal.

What OP describes would frequently happen, a bunch of teams would give guys stuff, cash, cars, etc. and they'd keep the stuff and go to whatever school they wanted. But most of the cash payments were while the guys were enrolled. Some guys transferred once he stopped getting paid, I believe this was the guy who finally blew the lid on the whole thing. He was ****ed he wasn't getting money any longer.

Advertisement
The people who are doing this are not stupid lol. They not gonna give a kid 100k just to say he’s committed. They probably let them have 5k and tell them the rest is waiting when they sign

It’s also not just cash homey.
Let’s say your little nephew gets tuition to some private s school close the university they told her you should commit. And let’s say that university has a job for new librarian. Sht can get really creative.
Like I’ve posted before even if the kid doesn’t want to go he’s basically forced to go cause the family is bought. And then they sweetened the deal after he signs.

Advertisement
Back