question about south florida express

Advertisement
ice dont play that....add to it BOOKER T travels as a team...they go to college 7 on 7 an the like.

Some coaches see sfl express for what it is...a recruiting thing that get kids to transfer schools.

gogeta,
Please feel free to elaborate on this. Who coaches the SF Express? What high school(s) are they associated with?

Initially, it was a team that had too many coaches. If you brought a group of players, then you would usually end up as a coach. I coached one year, and almost every assistant coach argued about wanting to call the plays lulz. I'm pretty sure that now they have Sam Madison and Pat Surtain as their DC, and Kevin Beard as their OC.

Not sure if Ice doesn't want his players on the team. Dunbar and Trail (Booker T), both played on the 09 team, but Ice was at UM.

ice dont play that....add to it BOOKER T travels as a team...they go to college 7 on 7 an the like.

Some coaches see sfl express for what it is...a recruiting thing that get kids to transfer schools.

I know that some of the local coaches thought that the SFE head coach was collecting from schools for taking his players to certain D1 schools. Some coaches from smaller hs's were also scarred that they would be recruited by the hs coaches that were assistants on the SFE. I don't believe that either of those accusations were true. 1. The head coach was a VP at morgan stanley, and I'm sure that he wasn't going to risk his job for collecting a couple of stacks for pushing his players to certain schools. 2. They only used a large collection of hs coaches from 2008-2010, and the only kid that transferred during that period was Lamarcus Joyner (to STA, which had no coaches on the SFE).

Last edited:
Advertisement
A lot of schools across the state are starting to ban their kids from playing . It really offers them nothing, other than competing. Kids are learning different routes and techniques than what they play with their team, they are away from their team and risk of injury.

Oh and it really does nothing as far as college recruitment goes. Colleges put no stock in these teams and performances.

I don't know if this is with every team but I had a coach offer me money to get my 4 star TE to play on his team because he got a kick back with how many stars he had on his team.

A lot of schools across the state are starting to ban their kids from playing . It really offers them nothing, other than competing. Kids are learning different routes and techniques than what they play with their team, they are away from their team and risk of injury.

Oh and it really does nothing as far as college recruitment goes. Colleges put no stock in these teams and performances.

I don't know if this is with every team but I had a coach offer me money to get my 4 star TE to play on his team because he got a kick back with how many stars he had on his team.

You think UM has a chance with Pugh or Singleton?

Advertisement

You think UM has a chance with Pugh or Singleton?

Sure but there are being recruited a little bit harder by others. BC has been on Pugh for a minute now.

Was there some beef on Twitter today between Chad Wilson and players from one of the other 7v7 teams? I saw him mention it but I didn't really have time to start looking at TL's and see what was what.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These 7-on-7 teams are nothing more than recruiting tools. The stories i hear from a couple of my kids who are on the team are pathetic. I wish something could be done about these "street agents".

every hs has there own team where they go and compete as a team, these "all-star" teams are different.

Advertisement
Lice doesn't want his players out of his grasp. He doesn't want them getting influenced by others or to develop a mind of their own. Gotta keep them under his thumb.

These 7-on-7 teams are nothing more than recruiting tools. The stories i hear from a couple of my kids who are on the team are pathetic. I wish something could be done about these "street agents".

Elaborate please, TIA.

The recruiting from other programs is out of hand at these events.

"Come to our school, we can do this for you."

"You don't have any offers yet? You should have offers by now. We would get you an offer." Meanwhile, the kid is only a 10th grader and only played 4.5 games of his sophomore season. Kinda hard to get an offer under those circumstances.

Then these guys meet the parents of the kids and start rapping to the parents too and feeding them with nonsense.

Advertisement
Back