question about south florida express

These 7-on-7 teams are nothing more than recruiting tools. The stories i hear from a couple of my kids who are on the team are pathetic. I wish something could be done about these "street agents".

Elaborate please, TIA.

The recruiting from other programs is out of hand at these events.

"Come to our school, we can do this for you."

"You don't have any offers yet? You should have offers by now. We would get you an offer." Meanwhile, the kid is only a 10th grader and only played 4.5 games of his sophomore season. Kinda hard to get an offer under those circumstances.

Then these guys meet the parents of the kids and start rapping to the parents too and feeding them with nonsense.

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement
A lot of schools across the state are starting to ban their kids from playing . It really offers them nothing, other than competing. Kids are learning different routes and techniques than what they play with their team, they are away from their team and risk of injury.

Oh and it really does nothing as far as college recruitment goes. Colleges put no stock in these teams and performances.

I don't know if this is with every team but I had a coach offer me money to get my 4 star TE to play on his team because he got a kick back with how many stars he had on his team.

I don't doubt your experience with this, but to say this does nothing as far as college recruitment goes, I don't believe that's entirely true.

I liken this 7on7 phenomenon to the AAU circuit in bball. The latter if chalk full of street agents, sponsors, money, hanger ons, college recruiters, etc. Bball is not the same as football, but I'm sure there is some sort of recruitment going on. Maybe not to the extent in bball, but I'm sure recruiters will take advantage of these teams and try to get their commits to befriend other highly touted kids on the team.

Advertisement
Back