Question about being a fan?

Dude

Senior
Firstly let me start by saying I love most of you crazy ********, and for me, our diverse, aggressive, wild fan Base is sort of what made me fall in love with this program.

With that out of the way, let the negging begin.

What happened to us and how can this change?

Rule number 1 of being a fan is we don't cheer for losses under any circumstances, something many of us have been guilty of.

Rule number 2 should be we support our players and we celebrate wins.

I know a lot of us got jaded, and watching our administration do NOTHING about it certainly contributed to our cynicism.

I don't know how, but I want to see some change in our program. We don't have people showing up to games, we just don't and it's a bad look for us, especially considering the caliber of players we want to see coming through our program again. I'm just 1 guy here, so my power is limited. I try to make 1 game from Idaho per season when I can, that's all the balling I can do on my budget.

What would really help me sleep at night, is knowing that we have an actual plan in place to fix this other than "if we win they will come." Wheres the reach out to the masses from the Athletic Department? Where's the initiative? Look at a guy like Jon Spoelstra and his fan base building initiatives, can that be replicated in some way in an area with 6 million people?

Neg away my neggahs. 🤣

PS: booty gif for those that read the whole thing.

booty.gif

Advertisement
I'm interested in hearing more about Idaho. Is it as militia-laden as we tend to read about?

Was in Jackson Hole in July...most of the hospitality workers live in Idaho and commute there due to lack of affordable housing.

I'm interested in hearing more about Idaho. Is it as militia-laden as we tend to read about?

Was in Jackson Hole in July...most of the hospitality workers live in Idaho and commute there due to lack of affordable housing.
The militias are all in the Northern panhandle. Where you were in Jackson is near the ghost whispering, Mormon whack-jobs live, Eastern Idaho.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Firstly let me start by saying I love most of you crazy ********, and for me, our diverse, aggressive, wild fan Base is sort of what made me fall in love with this program.

Rule number 1 of being a fan is we don't cheer for losses under any circumstances, something many of us have been guilty of.

I know a lot of us got jaded, and watching our administration do NOTHING about it certainly contributed to our cynicism.

I don't know how, but I want to see some change in our program. We don't have people showing up to games, we just don't and it's a bad look for us, especially considering the caliber of players we want to see coming through our program again. I'm just 1 guy here, so my power is limited. I try to make 1 game from Idaho per season when I can, that's all the balling I can do on my budget.

What would really help me sleep at night, is knowing that we have an actual plan in place to fix this other than "if we win they will come." Wheres the reach out to the masses from the Athletic Department? Where's the initiative? Look at a guy like Jon Spoelstra and his fan base building initiatives, can that be replicated in some way in an area with 6 million people?

Neg away my neggahs. 🤣

View attachment 268611
Only 1 game a year coming from Idaho??

Kobe Bryant GIF

I heard native Idahoans (is that a thing?) are mad at all the people that moved there during the pandemic for driving up the cost of living. Sort of like all the people who made Florida the least affordable state.

Neg away my neggahs. 🤣

View attachment 268611
No

Advertisement
I heard native Idahoans (is that a thing?) are mad at all the people that moved there during the pandemic for driving up the cost of living. Sort of like all the people who made Florida the least affordable state.
A $150,000 home in 2013 goes for $450,000 now. It's all California money.

Advertisement
Our fanbase is 💩. I went to every game except for that abortion against Bethune. The place wasn't really close to full. Not vs A&M or Clemson. It was an embarrassment.

LMAO @ paying half a million to live in Idaho.
They don't just live here though, it's a full on retirement. Come up to the mountain valleys, buy a $450k house, or if your really well off a $700k cabin with a view and still have money to snowmobile in the winter, ride horses or dirt bikes, get fresh air, ski, etc. It's extremely beautiful here. Extremely beautiful. I'd tell you a couple places to Google but I don't want to give any Californians ideas.

Advertisement
Back