Question #4 Post 98. I give you the Miami box score and you tell me the player/game.

That was too easy. I will make tomorrow's harder.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
You just clicked on Miami like i did and saw it was the 2001 Canes. LOL
DOH!!!!!!!! Didn't even realize that link took you there, LOL. Tomorrow will be tougher and I will not leave links. And here I was giving him credit for a stellar memory.

Advertisement
You know how good your team has to be for you to be sub 50% completions and throw 4 picks and you still win? Sheesh.

It's the reason that "QB wins" is one of the most overrated stats in sports history.

I mean let's not take the miracle aspect out of this one.

12-7 game, BC moving the ball with ease on that final drive and got to the 9-yard line—picking up 21 yards on 4th-and-10—with a fresh set of downs and :30 on the clock, before St. Pierre rushed that throw and Rumph jumped the route, knowing what was coming.

Greatest college football team ever almost lost 14-12 to a bunch of scrubs as Dorsey as abysmal in that wind, while the defense kept bailing him out.

12-7 game, BC moving the ball with ease on that final drive and got to the 9-yard line—picking up 21 yards on 4th-and-10—with a fresh set of downs and :30 on the clock, before St. Pierre rushed that throw and Rumph jumped the route, knowing what was coming.

Greatest college football team ever almost lost 14-12 to a bunch of scrubs as Dorsey as abysmal in that wind, while the defense kept bailing him out.
Rumph? I thought the only 2 INTS that game were Walters and MF?

But yes, that was a sorry *** BC team to be that close with, they were tough enough on D holding us to FGs, but Dorsey was drunk or something.....

Also not the correct answer, it has already been provided, but you may try again tomorrow if you like madam. Thanks.

Well, if you don't know the difference between a team's box score and an individual's stat line, that's on you.

You failed again.

Advertisement
Yup. One of a handful of games that makes Dorsey look much less godlike if not for the defenses he had. In his defense, there were some horrific drops in that game, including Cobia dropping and easy TD right in his hands where we had to settle for a FG.

By the way, our rout of UF in 2002.. Think Kenny had Heisman #s?

16-32 202 yards 4 TDs 3 INTs, including a pick-6.

Dominating defenses make QBs look better, period.

Advertisement

Did they win or lose? Not being a ****, just asking the question. Which brings me back to my literal point....it's a horribly overrated stat and should be completely ignored. He was abysmal, no doubt. But he won the game, miracle or not. His play, as an individual, deserved to cost his team the game. But the other 60+ kids were good enough to pull his ****** performance out of the gutter and win a game with it.

So, this is part of "his" record win streak. But football is the ULTIMATE team game. Similar story I bring up all the time with Tom Brady. There are 50 other dudes on the team playing their part. Tom Brady doesn't win, his team wins. Just like Kenny that miserable day in Chestnut Hill. He sucked, we deserved to lose. But we didn't because, ****, the rest of that football team was insanely good.

Advertisement
too easy, lol

I will but we ALL KNOW that "line"

The bad thing is he "won" the game, but it wasn't just us, at Baylor he had a 4 for 11, 31 yard, 2 INT, 0 TD game. :pgdead:
I thought the Kernobyl game was 07 vs NC St? We lost that one in OT on a short missed FG.. Was a miserable day at the OB. I was there. Was about 100 degrees with no breeze. The only reason we managed to get to OT despite him was the defense played great and Kirby's one completion was a bomb TD to Jenkins that went like 70 yards.

Rumph? I thought the only 2 INTS that game were Walters and MF?

But yes, that was a sorry *** BC team to be that close with, they were tough enough on D holding us to FGs, but Dorsey was drunk or something.....
Nearly every great team stumbles during the season. Let's look only at recent history. Clemson losing to a sorry *** Pitt team, only to win the NC that year. Bama last year holding on against a .500 Ole Miss team they should have beaten by 40. Miami isn't the only great team to have this happen.

I thought the Kernobyl game was 07 vs NC St? We lost that one in OT on a short missed FG.. Was a miserable day at the OB. I was there. Was about 100 degrees with no breeze. The only reason we managed to get to OT despite him was the defense played great and Kirby's one completion was a bomb TD to Jenkins that went like 70 yards.
I was thinking the FSU game where he went 4 for 9 for 59 yards and 2 INTS was it, but you may be right. Either way some of his CFB stat lines have been God awful at best.

But yes the next week he went 1 for 14 for like 80 yards, that may be the actual "KIRNOBYL" game like you said. He threw 1 pass to our team and 3 to NC ST, and still almost won :pgdead:

Last edited:
Nearly every great team stumbles during the season. Let's look only at recent history. Clemson losing to a sorry *** Pitt team, only to win the NC that year. Bama last year holding on against a .500 Ole Miss team they should have beaten by 40. Miami isn't the only great team to have this happen.
Some do, not all. That BC team had no business staying that close to one of the most talented teams in CFB history. I get tight games here and there even for NC winners but this one was odd. Admittedly Dorsey loses that game with any other D behind him that day.

Advertisement
Back