QUENTIN WILLIAMS COMMITS

Advertisement
Clemson has also had top-flight coaching with chad morris as OC and then when he left they didn't miss a beat. They have co-OC's that each make like 900,000+ i think. They have no player attrition and no coaching attrition. They also won two rings with 2 of the best quarterbacks we've seen in the past 5 years.
Clemson goes about their dominance in a different way than bama.
Yeah, they're actually fun to watch.

Advertisement
I knew someone would bring up Clemson, they've definitely challenged my point... exception rather than the rule. Even now they are focusing more on the top end talent though. It's much easier to win with the 5 star kids.

I don't think anybody is saying it's not easier to win with the five stars, rather that is an unrealistic approach for us without bagmen.

1. We've been **** for the entirety of these kids lives
2. We don't drop bags

Clemson is brought up because it's a real world example of how we could walk before we run and start landing these out of the world classes.

Coaching (good coaching) stability + evaluations + roster building (lots of developed upper class men/kids not leaving early so often) + a few studs (the Duke Johnson's of the world) sprinkled in and hit on a QB.

I don't think anybody is saying it's not easier to win with the five stars, rather that is an unrealistic approach for us without bagmen.

2. We don't drop bags

Clemson is brought up because it's a real world example of how we could walk before we run and start landing these out of the world classes.

Coaching (good coaching) stability + evaluations + roster building (lots of developed upper class men/kids not leaving early so often) + a few studs (the Duke Johnson's of the world) sprinkled in and hit on a QB.
If we don't play the bag game then how did we flip Worsham or keep Hall away from Saban? Or does every kid we get not play the bag game?

If we don't play the bag game then how did we flip Worsham or keep Hall away from Saban? Or does every kid we get not play the bag game?

A bit of hyperbole, but you get the point. Every does to some extent, but a few schools just cannot be competed with in that regard. Nothing official with Worsham so pump the brakes.

Yes stars matter. More 3 stars in the league than 5 stars.

There are many more 3-star prospects than the small handful of 5-star recruits every year. So of course more 3-stars make it on volume. But not per prospect.

Advertisement

2. We don't drop bags

Agree with everything you said. But, Let’s not forget Clemson had Deshaun Watson.

Advertisement
Williams said in an interview he wouldn't be an EE.

He also said that the coaches basically found him through Twitter via his dad. I ain't even bs'ing. He also said his HS coach knew Manny.
Ok... so here's the deal. Throughout my life I've acquired many contacts and connections through football. A friend I played with, has a friend he works with, who is from South Florida and knows people. He loved Quentin's hudl and passed it to Cooney. Cooney called me right away and the ball got rolling.

Crazy how things work.

There are many more 3-star prospects than the small handful of 5-star recruits every year. So of course more 3-stars make it on volume. But not per prospect.

There are 30 to 35 five stars every year, in the last four nfl drafts there were 10 to 13 five stars drafted in the first four rounds.
You can say a third have success or the other way that two thirds fail.

Ok... so here's the deal. Throughout my life I've acquired many contacts and connections through football. A friend I played with, has a friend he works with, who is from South Florida and knows people. He loved Quentin's hudl and passed it to Cooney. Cooney called me right away and the ball got rolling.

Crazy how things work.
Kid is a baller. Excited to see him play on TV for the Geico Kickoff.

Advertisement
There are 30 to 35 five stars every year, in the last four nfl drafts there were 10 to 13 five stars drafted in the first four rounds.
It's actually 32. One for every first round pick in the draft.

Either way that’s a tremendous ratio of NFL success.

Advertisement
Back