Quay Bain decommits from FSU!

Once he commits, I hope someone teaches him to play DT.

We are bringing in 3-4 DT's, not a bad choice to bring in a project with a high ceiling.

4 is defintely not going to happen....and 3 might be a stretch with the limited scholies right now, and even harder if we get hit with scholie reduction. We took 3 kids last year in Ivery, Moore and Briscoe. We only lose Darius Smith this year unless someone transfers or Porter has a monster year and goes Pro. Going into 2013, we will have

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

If you add Bryant, that's 9. One more like Bostwick or Bain and you're at 10. 10!!! For 2 spots. We barely have 10 Olineman right now for 5 spots (to be exact, we have 13 Olinmen). I can't see us brining in more than 2 DTs this year unless we strike out horribly on the OL and think about moving someone.

from the list of DTs you listed. which DTs do you know of can play?

for me its Porter if he's healthy
Grimble might be good. played well at times last year.
Robinson can't stay healthy and Coaches already tryed to move him to the OL (see HawaiiCane with Robinson we now have 9 OL for 2014)
Pierre is more of a DE. played DT last year because we ran out of bodies and got pushed around
King, Moore,Ivery, and briscoe we just dont know about.

If you can bring in talent at DT you do it . Getting Bryant, Bostwick, bain, and K.Clark in 2014 is a great haul.

Advertisement
We need impact DTs in the worst way. Bring in Bryant, Bain, Bostwick, and we're in good shape.

****, I'd bring in Senat if there's a spot for him.

We are bringing in 3-4 DT's, not a bad choice to bring in a project with a high ceiling.

4 is defintely not going to happen....and 3 might be a stretch with the limited scholies right now, and even harder if we get hit with scholie reduction. We took 3 kids last year in Ivery, Moore and Briscoe. We only lose Darius Smith this year unless someone transfers or Porter has a monster year and goes Pro. Going into 2013, we will have

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

If you add Bryant, that's 9. One more like Bostwick or Bain and you're at 10. 10!!! For 2 spots. We barely have 10 Olineman right now for 5 spots (to be exact, we have 13 Olinmen). I can't see us brining in more than 2 DTs this year unless we strike out horribly on the OL and think about moving someone.

Robinson can't stay healthy and Coaches already tryed to move him to the OL (see HawaiiCane with Robinson we now have 9 OL for 2014)
Pierre is more of a DE. played DT last year because we ran out of bodies and got pushed around

If you can bring in talent at DT you do it . Getting Bryant, Bostwick, bain, and K.Clark in 2014 is a great haul.

Wait a minute...if all the DTs we have can't play, why the **** are they still on the team? Why did Golden recruit these JAGS in the first place?

If you want 3020530 DTs we better be getting rid of 8028039 existing JAGS to make room. Shortchanging OL and other needs to stockpile DTs on top of existing DTs is stupid. Especially OL, which is the most important unit on the team besides QB.

Also, you play the "proven vs unproven" game with DTs. Why arent you playing the same game with OL????? OL starts 5 players every **** play and we will have TWO proven players for 2014 (Feliciano and Bunche) - everyone else is GONE(Seantrel, Linder, Johnson, Wheeler, etc) or are UNPROVEN (Gadbois, Flowers, McDermott, Isidora, Alexis, Wells, etc) . So unless you want to depend on true FR from 2014 to be thrown in, we had better find some real contributors in 2013 or pray that the unprovens prove themselves in the next two years. Any way you look at it, the depth chart at DT going forward is 100000x better than the depth chart at OL, right now at least.

Last edited:
None of this is to say i would turn away any of the three Bs. Some kids you have to take if they want to come. But if we only ended up with 2, and used the xtra ship for OL, that would be JUST FINE with me.

My ideal class of 20 kids

1 QB (Olsen)
2 RB (assuming Dillard does NOT qualify, i'd take Collins and a bigger workhorse back)
2 WR (AJL and Whitfield)
2 TE (Dobard and Johnson)
4 OL
3 DT (3Bs)
2 LB Thomas and Grace
3 S (Carter, Burns, ?)

19 ships. Save that 20th one for a luxury like Tim Williams or VHIII or a 5th OL.

Last edited:
We need impact DTs in the worst way. Bring in Bryant, Bain, Bostwick, and we're in good shape.

****, I'd bring in Senat if there's a spot for him.

I would make room for 4, we have a lot JAG's at DT IMO, if we can get Senat as well as the others I say go for it.

Advertisement
Bostwick and Briscoe played outside (DE) a lot in high school. I imagine they could play either position in college.

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

And thats the thing the kid wants to start his freshman year yet is raw.....He would see the field at FSU his first year at all and I doubt he would crack the lineup at Miami his true fresh year...by his mid 2nd year on campus he should be a beast though.

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

Wait a minute...if all the DTs we have can't play, why the **** are they still on the team? Why did Golden recruit these JAGS in the first place?

If you want 3020530 DTs we better be getting rid of 8028039 existing JAGS to make room. Shortchanging OL and other needs to stockpile DTs on top of existing DTs is stupid. Especially OL, which is the most important unit on the team besides QB.

Also, you play the "proven vs unproven" game with DTs. Why arent you playing the same game with OL????? OL starts 5 players every **** play and we will have TWO proven players for 2014 (Feliciano and Bunche) - everyone else is GONE(Seantrel, Linder, Johnson, Wheeler, etc) or are UNPROVEN (Gadbois, Flowers, McDermott, Isidora, Alexis, Wells, etc) . So unless you want to depend on true FR from 2014 to be thrown in, we had better find some real contributors in 2013 or pray that the unprovens prove themselves in the next two years. Any way you look at it, the depth chart at DT going forward is 100000x better than the depth chart at OL, right now at least.

Give it up on your OL theory, you were already proven wrong in about 3 different threads. You are looking ahead 2 years and yet somehow want 10 "proven" guys when that is impossible (not sure how a TR Fr going into 2012 can be "proven"). There will be 8 upperclassmen headed into 2014 (no idea why we are talking 2 years from now) which is what you will see from almost every program in the nation. For comparison we have 7 upperclassmen this year.

Advertisement
All i'm saying is you have to keep a balanced roster, especially if we get hit with scholarship reductions....if that means the idea is to move some guys over to OLine or expect transfers, then fine. I never want to turn away talent and all 3 guys in Bryant, Bostwick and Bain look very talent so i'd prefer to take them all. But we've seen what an unbalanced roster can do to a team in recent years.

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

Give it up on your OL theory, you were already proven wrong in about 3 different threads. You are looking ahead 2 years and yet somehow want 10 "proven" guys when that is impossible (not sure how a TR Fr going into 2012 can be "proven"). There will be 8 upperclassmen headed into 2014 (no idea why we are talking 2 years from now) which is what you will see from almost every program in the nation. For comparison we have 7 upperclassmen this year.

lol, ok, Randy, keep sticking your head in the sand and subscribing to "just in time" recruiting. I was the only one out there complaining about the lack of CBs back when everyone was chest thumping about the 2008 superclass. Well guess what? Our CB problems came to haunt us bigtime in 2011. The SAME THING will happen to our OL in 2014 if we dont PREPARE NOW.

And when have i ever been proven wrong? My numbers are ACCURATE. My years are ACCURATE. Our depth chart at OL is atrocious for 2014. Stockpiling 03842038308 DTs and 308208340238 DEs and 3048203840 TEs while shortchanging OL is idiotic.

Porter
Robinson
Grimble
Pierre
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe

lol, ok, Randy, keep sticking your head in the sand and subscribing to "just in time" recruiting. I was the only one out there complaining about the lack of CBs back when everyone was chest thumping about the 2008 superclass. Well guess what? Our CB problems came to haunt us bigtime in 2011. The SAME THING will happen to our OL in 2014 if we dont PREPARE NOW.

And when have i ever been proven wrong? My numbers are ACCURATE. My years are ACCURATE. Our depth chart at OL is atrocious for 2014. Stockpiling 03842038308 DTs and 308208340238 DEs and 3048203840 TEs while shortchanging OL is idiotic.

That can't be true because in 2008 we only got 1 CB B. harris and 1 CB does not fix a problem. The reason it haunted us in 2011 was CB recruiting sucked in 2009, 2010, and 2011. You do know that OL isnt our only problem.

We are losing 6 OL by 2014 and only 2 play Henderson and Linder. If we get 2 or 3 in 2013 4 or 5 in 2014 we'll be fine.

Let's just use simple math here.

We are allotted 85 schollies. That's enough to go almost 4 deep at every starting position on O and D (22 positions x 4 = 88), minus a couple for K/P.

OL starts 5 kids every play, which represents 20-25% of all starting positions. Why wouldnt we go for 18ish schollie OL at all times, which represents a little over 20% of the schollie limit of 85?? 18 kids gives you a fighting chance to get 8-10 contributors and would allow for the inevitable "busts" to have little or no impact on our team. Not only that, 18 OL WOULD NOT cannibalize spots for DT and DE - you could still have 7-8 at each of those units to allow them to go 3-4 deep, just like 18 allows you to go 3-4 deep at OL.

4 QB
7 RB/FB
5 TE
9 WR
18 OL
15 DL
10 LB
8 CB
7 S
1 K
1 P

Perfect roster balance that can be tweaked to run your particular scheme.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back