Quarterman

Advertisement
It’s crazy how y’all turning on Shaq this man could have left for the NFL last year but he decided to stick it out and come back ...The other lbs been way worse (Pinckney Mccloud )

Yeah he could have left for the NFL like all our guys leave for the NFL. Pray to god they even get drafted. Brooks & Huff will be an upgrade next year based off athleticism alone.

Banda is a moron. He has no clue what he's doing. He comes and ask Mike on what to do.
He gets humiliated on the trail year round. Remember him tweeting Stevenson on making the crib great when it was clear he was bagged up? Jobe played him like a fiddle. It's absolutely pathetic how he's begging.

Stop with the #1 passing D. That stat is so skewed due to who we played.
alright man, you know it all. I'm almost certain you have no ******* clue what you are talking about . with the great analysis of "he's a moron". You are the typical ******* fan. Congrats.

Gets dragged by Sam Howell for a 1st down here. 2016 Shaq stops him in his tracks.

His insistence on becoming lean to improve his quickness has come at the expense of his physicality, which was his strength.

10-png.96920

Gets dragged by Sam Howell for a 1st down here. 2016 Shaq stops him in his tracks.

His insistence on becoming lean to improve his quickness has come at the expense of his physicality, which was his strength.

10-png.96920

Still isn't quick enough

Advertisement
So what do y'all think of this Striker position, it is completely pointless to me. This is not a knock on Finletmr or Frierson, who I like a lot just a knock on the coaches. I mean the striker position was created to help more on passing downs, with that being said, majority of the times they end up covering the slot and very few times the TEs. I can confidently say our Strikers are more like LBs than an extra true cover guy, I say this because when you compare other teams equivalent "striker" position, for example UF and Trey Dean, they are more like big CBs who can slide to boundary corner if they had to. Romeo and Finley are a completely different player than Dean, but if I asked myself who is better in coverage, I would have to say Dean is. I'm saying this because in UM defense the slot Wr versus the striker is more like a slot going against a LB than going against a true cover guy. The position is pretty pointless when one can just go to a nicke formation and have a true cover guy guard that slot WR. If you want more athleticism on field just start recruiting more athletic LBs. Truth be told Finely is like 220-215lbs he is not far from optimal LB weight.

Advertisement
Never was big on him. Dont think hes awful or anything, but I'd like to see more speed and athleticism at the MLB spot.
Sean Spence.....Denzel Perryman would be an upgrade at LB position. I will say I appreciate his love for Miami and his loyalty to the program. He will be just fine as a MLB in the NFL. And he is a good Miami hurricane LB just not as dominant as most of us thought he would be. Nonetheless, I will say thank you to Quarterman for staying his senior year and his love for the program. If our team was filled with men with his work ethic and attitude we would be just fine.

Another ridiculous post. Hes a middle LB 85% of Middle LBs coverage is not there strength. Yawl often compare him to the "GREATS" but it's not the same game. Lewis Barrow The Triangle werent playing against spread attacks UNC went 4 wides a ton last weekend UF ran to the edges of the LOS a ton of quick sweeps and sweeps these plays are out of the box...
Barrow...Armstead and Smith weren't playing against spread attacks??...Yeah...They instead had it soooo easy going up against Nebraska's Veer option and their F-ing Behemoth OL and Curb Stomping it in 92....
Please stop with the "It's not the same game Nausea"....If you think UMs LBers of today have a handfull to deal with, I can promise you UM LBers from 85-92 had it alot tougher.

Still isn't quick enough

So no one sees that HUGE OL that 55 had to evade to make the tackle on a very mobile QB. Yawl are ridiculous with your critiques.. really are
Barrow...Armstead and Smith weren't playing against spread attacks??...Yeah...They instead had it soooo easy going up against Nebraska's Veer option and their F-ing Behemoth OL and Curb Stomping it in 92....
Please stop with the "It's not the same game Nausea"....If you think UMs LBers of today have a handfull to deal with, I can promise you UM LBers from 85-92 had it alot tougher.

The point is it's a passing game (football) is hence the explosion of 7v7 spread attacks ra n at early ages etc. Football is NOT the same as it was back then you plug the old school LB into a Defense and force them to cover in these spread concepts they'll struggle (most) with covering

Sean Spence.....Denzel Perryman would be an upgrade at LB position. I will say I appreciate his love for Miami and his loyalty to the program. He will be just fine as a MLB in the NFL. And he is a good Miami hurricane LB just not as dominant as most of us thought he would be. Nonetheless, I will say thank you to Quarterman for staying his senior year and his love for the program. If our team was filled with men with his work ethic and attitude we would be just fine.

Here's another one. Perryman cant cover and yawl would be talking mess about him to he was an inside LB in a 3-4 scheme heck Spence struggled at times in coverage and he was smaller

Advertisement
With Brooks and Huff do we finally have athletic enough LB’ers to go alongside the Striker spot? Asking as I legitimately am not sure if they will perform better than Pinck and Shaq. Love all that Quarterman brings as an ambassador of the team. It’s just time for new blood to breathe some life into the LB corps. I’m praying Huff and Brooks can do that, or any of the other LB’s we have on the roster. Are we recruiting any new LB’s that standout?

Time will tell

So no one sees that HUGE OL that 55 had to evade to make the tackle on a very mobile QB. Yawl are ridiculous with your critiques.. really are

The point is it's a passing game (football) is hence the explosion of 7v7 spread attacks ra n at early ages etc. Football is NOT the same as it was back then you plug the old school LB into a Defense and force them to cover in these spread concepts they'll struggle (most) with covering
Name UM LBers from 87-92 and 97-2002 that would struggle in todays game?.....Please Stop....not only would they not struggle...they'd Dominate...What couldn't
Armstead
Smith
Barrow
Vilma
Tiger
Morgan
Ray
Webster
Burgess
Marley
Clark etc...Do...That todays LBers do??

So what do y'all think of this Striker position, it is completely pointless to me. This is not a knock on Finletmr or Frierson, who I like a lot just a knock on the coaches. I mean the striker position was created to help more on passing downs, with that being said, majority of the times they end up covering the slot and very few times the TEs. I can confidently say our Strikers are more like LBs than an extra true cover guy, I say this because when you compare other teams equivalent "striker" position, for example UF and Trey Dean, they are more like big CBs who can slide to boundary corner if they had to. Romeo and Finley are a completely different player than Dean, but if I asked myself who is better in coverage, I would have to say Dean is. I'm saying this because in UM defense the slot Wr versus the striker is more like a slot going against a LB than going against a true cover guy. The position is pretty pointless when one can just go to a nicke formation and have a true cover guy guard that slot WR. If you want more athleticism on field just start recruiting more athletic LBs. Truth be told Finely is like 220-215lbs he is not far from optimal LB weight.

Now here's an intelligent post and I agree heres the thing vs 4 and 5 wides our Strikers our at disadvantage they are better suited to play LB in obvious pass downs and bring in extra DB or two problem is we don't have the depth at DB whens last time you seen a true dime defense ?

Advertisement
Name UM LBers from 87-92 and 97-2002 that would struggle in todays game?.....Please Stop....not only would they not struggle...they'd Dominate...What couldn't
Armstead
Smith
Barrow
Vilma
Tiger
Morgan
Ray
Webster
Burgess
Marley
Clark etc...Do...That todays LBers do??

Yeah I 100% disagree Morgan Marley maybe Vilma and William's I dunno ? your naming guys that were good LBrs for there time but the popular offensive set was I form back then... Not this RPO stuff now

Yeah I 100% disagree Morgan Marley maybe Vilma and William's I dunno ? your naming guys that were good LBrs for there time but the popular offensive set was I form back then... Not this RPO stuff now
Only a F-ing 100% idiot could possibly think that Armstead...Smith...and Barrow would give af about this RPO BS....Lol....Smith and Armstead would make a Mockery of anything outside...Just Stop....

Without Quarterman this defense would fall apart like a wet paperbag.

Stop searching for better alternatives when you have NONE.

He's the best that we have NOW without a doubt. .....regardless of whether or not he's one of our all time best.

You can only roll with what you have. Wishing otherwise is just stupid

I WISH we had the 2001 team here now that didn't require coaching.....BUT that's not reality.

I for one am dang glad he decided to come back...

So you think we have problems now?. Imagine if he wasn't here

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back