Quarterman and McCloud looking to build on first season

Don't sleep on Owens. Before the injury, he was our best LB after Grace. If he is full go and back to form, he'll see as many reps as the other 3 regardless of if he's "4th man" or whatever. The competition will be great for all of them, so it is only a good sign that he's running with the 1s.
I know Owens potential if he lives up to it he will rapidly become the fan favorites... when he was playing he was young or hurt... we havent had the chance to see him mature like we did with 3 the hard way... I know Mike will not lay down and give Owens the spot...Mike is going to get better with Darrion behind him....My advice to Darrion reclaim your spot...My advice to Mike... don't let nobody take your spot...love them both

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Great to see you on the boards, UKW. 100% agree with you. We NEED other LBs to step up and fight like **** to take those spots, so we don't have a complacency problem. Even if one guy who loses some reps to another, those will be much higher quality reps. Everyone wins.

Don't sleep on Owens. Before the injury, he was our best LB after Grace. If he is full go and back to form, he'll see as many reps as the other 3 regardless of if he's "4th man" or whatever. The competition will be great for all of them, so it is only a good sign that he's running with the 1s.

He wasn't all that good or productive before he got injured. He was built up as a great LB because of his size, but he never played all that well. Poor guy was a liability last year and a noticeably huge dropoff from the starters. He's got a million miles to go before he's anywhere near the league of the 3 starters.

I know Owens potential if he lives up to it he will rapidly become the fan favorites... when he was playing he was young or hurt... we havent had the chance to see him mature like we did with 3 the hard way... I know Mike will not lay down and give Owens the spot...Mike is going to get better with Darrion behind him....My advice to Darrion reclaim your spot...My advice to Mike... don't let nobody take your spot...love them both

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

How's that leg, dude? Missed you on here, and I'm hoping it's not because you're struggling too badly with the leg.

Advertisement

He wasn't all that good or productive before he got injured. He was built up as a great LB because of his size, but he never played all that well. Poor guy was a liability last year and a noticeably huge dropoff from the starters. He's got a million miles to go before he's anywhere near the league of the 3 starters.

No doubt, he looked handicapped in the bowl game. I had knee reconstruction and my ligament replacement healed just fine, but my meniscus took 2 years to recover before it wasn't painful to do certain moves. 3 more months of rehab could be enough, and 9 more in total by September should be enough if he's ever getting back. And there really is no reason he shouldn't be fully recovered by then, given today's knowledge on knees. Fingers crossed.

That's a bit strong. But I could see all three of them playing a lot of years in the NFL much like Barrow, Armstead and Smith did. I think the three of them have the record for most games, etc. in the NFL for college LB teammates - and I don't think the second place group is anywhere close. If the three young LBs keep improving like I think they will, perhaps one day they may have a shot to top the number of games the Bermuda Triangle had in the league....

3 first round nfl draft picks at LB

@Peter Ariz

Is Owens ready to keep the 3rd LB spot, or will Pinckney get it back?

Owens was never a starter. Pickney started the entire season.

Owens was getting 1st team reps on Tuesday with Shaq and McCloud. Pinckney was with the 2s.
It's called getting guys work...

Newcomers & guys who were injured last year are all getting 1st team reps, to see of they're healthy, in shape & up to game speed.

It doesn't mean he's going to be the starter, just because he's getting some reps with the 1st team.

It's literally the 2nd Spring practice of the year, the Staff hasn't even decided on the Depth chart yet.
I can guarantee you Pinckney will be the starting WLB come Week 1.

It really seems silly when people here get so worked up about who lines up with the ones and it's only the second day of spring.

Advertisement
Doing better.. out of the boot and on the road to recovery.... Thanks for asking... Its rough on here during the off season... but excited about spring ball...

I agree a bit strong... but would love to see it... the first round is usually reserved for your edge rushing LBs ... but this years draft may have two inside guys go in the first... Reuben Foster and Raekwon McMillian...

He wasn't close to 100 % last year. Didn't look like himself at all. He actually ran really well pre injury.

That's why I stand by shirting steed, no sense in him playing because he won't be fully back.

Advertisement
@Peter Ariz

Is Owens ready to keep the 3rd LB spot, or will Pinckney get it back?

Owens was never a starter. Pickney started the entire season.

Owens was getting 1st team reps on Tuesday with Shaq and McCloud. Pinckney was with the 2s.
It's called getting guys work...

Newcomers & guys who were injured last year are all getting 1st team reps, to see of they're healthy, in shape & up to game speed.

It doesn't mean he's going to be the starter, just because he's getting some reps with the 1st team.

It's literally the 2nd Spring practice of the year, the Staff hasn't even decided on the Depth chart yet.
I can guarantee you Pinckney will be the starting WLB come Week 1.

And...it gives Pinkney a chance to help coach up the 2's beside him. All these 2's with a 1 beside them..in any position,.. Is an education oportunity!

Michael Pinckney is one of the best LBs in the ACC let along this **** team, no offense to any other player on our roster but lol @ anybody taking his spot.

Im fine with my pillow,,,ill sleep on him comfortably

Advertisement

this

I think Mike got dinged up last year late season game not sure but Owens came in and was terrible they went right after him n he was very slow. I know people blame injuries but the 3 young pups were on another level and they guy we got coming in are better coming out of HS then Owens IMO

Michael Pinckney is one of the best LBs in the ACC let along this **** team, no offense to any other player on our roster but lol @ anybody taking his spot.

no ones taking that kids spot **** nah hes got closing speed and is stupid quick at diagnosing plays and when hes there he finishes most the time

Aside from mop up duty - how many guys will we see in the LB rotation regularly? 4, 5, 6? My thought for Owens is learn all the positions the best he can. Whoever is #4 could see a lot of playing time this year especially if they are versatile.

Y'all crack me up.

Donaldson practicing with the 1s ... It's because he's gonna be a starter.

Owens practicing with the 1s ... It's just because he's getting work.

Thanks to the guys who reminded me about Pinckney's suspension for the 1st half because of his targeting call. I had forgotten about that, and it makes sense.

So, yeah ... Owens will likely be starting Game 1.

And, no ... He likely won't be holding the spot beyond that.

C'mon man! Owens and Donaldson are apples and oranges. You're better than that.

Advertisement
Back