Quarterbacks and linemen

I just can’t fathom that Perry, Weldon, and Williams can’t hit wide open guys. I’m sure they can throw the ball up on deep routes too (Rosier is just chucking it up). That’s where Rosiers yards are coming from.

The thing is, I never really followed closely at Richt when he was at UGA. I looked at the 10-win seasons they were having and chose to ignore the little things.

Now that he's at Miami, everything he does is magnified. We saw, not just with the QB, but with other positions (particularly in the secondary). That Richt will lean with experience over talent. On LSU's 50-yd run, it was Knowles (who's not a Miami-caliber player) that took a bad angle and got beat. Dean also looked lost at CB once Bandy was ejected (which was BS). I would've played Hall in more for Knowles as well as Ivey/Frierson/Blades over Dean.

But back to the QB situation, we need to get Perry/Weldon/Williams ready going forward. It's a sad state of affairs when you have fans stand so hard in the paint for Rosier; which begs to question are they Miami fans or Rosier fans?

Advertisement
I think Richt felt playing a top 25 team in Dallas for the first game required more experience. But since he saw the results of that, I believe (hope?) he sees our new recruits are just better and their talent is more useful than their elders' experience advantage.

Only way you get experience is through playing. Except for FSU, BC, VT, the rest of the schedule is a joke so put the young, talented guys in now. Then they will be both talented AND experienced for when the time comes that BOTH are needed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back