Quarantine Series: The Player YOU Missed On

Advertisement
I'm sure we all have a player that we thought was going to be the next (insert any UM HOF'er here).

Who is the one player that you held near and dear (maybe, as a freshman), and then this player -- for one reason or another -- didn't pan out like you had hoped? And why?

I'm going with Tyriq Mccord(highlights). I thought guy was a 1st round pick based on his frame and aggression and twitch. Turns out, he wasn't the fastest or the strongest. And not many 240 pound lineman make an NFL roster.
[collects dime]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
My answer would be Marques Gayot. I remember him straight up slamming a dude freshman year and I thought he's be the next beast at LB or S. Neck injury ended his career. I thought Josh Witt would be good too. And Figs. And Eddie Johnson "The Dark Knigga". Anybody remember being on CIS for the sunshine meter threads and Eddie Johnson? Good times.

My answer would be Marques Gayot. I remember him straight up slamming a dude freshman year and I thought he's be the next beast at LB or S. Neck injury ended his career. I thought Josh Witt would be good too. And Figs. And Eddie Johnson "The Dark Knigga". Anybody remember being on CIS for the sunshine meter threads and Eddie Johnson? Good times.
yep, we would gauge them off their smiles and the knots in their ties

:ibis-roflmao-sm3: :ibis-roflmao-sm3: :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
For me, short answer is Willie Williams.

Beyond him, here are some guys who I was excited about as recruits/frosh whose careers didn't or haven't yet hit what I expected. Excluding people who got injured.

Shannon: Randy Phillips, Allen Bailey, R. Buchanon, B. Washington
Golden: M. Bunche, A. Chickillo, D. Owens
Richt: De. Johnson, Navaughn, Jon Ford, Jarren Williams, Mallory, Pope, Frierson

Advertisement
Back