2024 Qua Birdsong 4* LB from GA

Lmao what??!!
He mostly plays LB (and well) on his highlights! He’s obviously a LB that HS coaches put everywhere to because of his speed and quickness to get an advantage. Used like a Swiss Army knife. Needs to gain weight though. I see Anthony Barr in his game.
This!

Advertisement
Lmao what??!!
He mostly plays LB (and well) on his highlights! He’s obviously a LB that HS coaches put everywhere to because of his speed and quickness to get an advantage. Used like a Swiss Army knife. Needs to gain weight though. I see Anthony Barr in his game.
His highlights are 3 minutes of him playing DE and olb. It’s hard to judge because he’s playing against triple option. But all I can do is give my opinion on his tape. He had 1 play in coverage and he got beat by a wheel route and was lucky the qb threw a terrible pass. I like that he was striking and knocking people back when tackling.

Idk how anyone can watch that tape and say yes this is a lb we need. He looks like a lite version of Sam brooks.

Last edited:
His highlights are 3 minutes of him playing DE and olb. It’s hard to judge because he’s playing against triple option. But all I can do is give my opinion on his tape. He had 1 play in coverage and he got beat by a wheel route and was lucky the qb threw a terrible pass. I like that he was striking and knocking people back when tackling.

Idk how anyone can watch that tape and say yes this is a lb we need. He looks like a lite version of Sam brooks.
Malik Bryant played no coverage and tape was almost identical. He is not a DE, they move him all around. And alot of his plays were from Middle LB. U acting like he is Thomas Davis. Even kids who play coverage in high school have to go to college and learn. Ray Ray Armstrong was a Safety here and made a NFL career playing LB. He is a LB. He has the instincts to diagnose plays really quick and arrive with bad intentions. Most of the LBs film are gonna be them knoccking people head off. Its projection that matters.

His tape does not give me confidence in his ability to play linebacker at a high level here. We haven’t seen one DE converted LB become a stud. There are other guys we’re after that are bigger and show more versatility on tape
Agreed, not a fan of convert

Agree with both your posts, not even because of coverage, since that’s a transition to college for most young LBs, didn’t see much read and react, off the ball instincts to get excited about. Kid looks like he has a frame and some twitch to him, but not sure how he’s a four star? Not a top 5 tape from the LBs we’re in it with this class

Agree with both your posts, not even because of coverage, since that’s a transition to college for most young LBs, didn’t see much read and react, off the ball instincts to get excited about. Kid looks like he has a frame and some twitch to him, but not sure how he’s a four star? Not a top 5 tape from the LBs we’re in it with this class
Some of you have no ability to watch what you are seeing. They tried to use RB to block him, he is so quick they couldnt even get a hand on him. He has elite quickness and short area burst. There was plenty of read and react going on. He was just doing it quite fast.

Advertisement
Yeah im not so sure. Ignoring kids then turning up late is not a good idea.
It happens ALL of the time. I mean, it never works in our favor when we do it to a local kid, but it definitely works against us when it's the other way around. Again, I'll check back in later on this one, but if the AU's, Tenn's, etc start pushing at some point, watch how his tune changes. I won't even mention bama and uga.

With his top 5 list, I like our chances.

Wonder why he's not being recruited by Bama/UGA or even the 2nd tier SEC schools like Auburn/UF/Tenn?

There was absolutely read and react in the highlight lol. He blitzed from his LB spot a lot but he equally made reads and ran to the ball. He read and reacted extremely fast, maybe you missed them. He is hard to block in the trenches or standing at LB

Advertisement
Malik Bryant played no coverage and tape was almost identical. He is not a DE, they move him all around. And alot of his plays were from Middle LB. U acting like he is Thomas Davis. Even kids who play coverage in high school have to go to college and learn. Ray Ray Armstrong was a Safety here and made a NFL career playing LB. He is a LB. He has the instincts to diagnose plays really quick and arrive with bad intentions. Most of the LBs film are gonna be them knoccking people head off. It’s projection that matters.
Here’s the difference Malik Bryant is 6’3 235lbs. Even Malik, there’s a reason he fell in the rankings. He wasn’t a dominant force playing true lb his senior year.

I personally would prefer taking LB’s that don’t have to learn how to play the position because all they did in high school was rush the passer. If we make exceptions they need elite size.

Last edited:
Here’s the difference Malik Bryant is 6’3 235lbs. Even Malik, there’s a reason he fell in the rankings. He wasn’t a dominant force playing true lb his senior year.

I personally would prefer taking LB’s that don’t have to learn how to play the position because all they did in high school was rush the passer. If we make exceptions they need elite size.
This guy is not just rushing the passer. Not sure where you seeing that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back